PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

Team looked sluggish tonight until they were behind, the ice sucked but it sucked for them too. They'll win game 6 and bring it back for a game 7.

The Bruins sure aren't playing as if they're the better team.

Team looked sluggish tonight until they were behind, the ice sucked but it sucked for them too. They'll win game 6 and bring it back for a game 7.
they have to shoot the damn puck more. enough with trying to make the fancy plays. get back to basics.

Leave Rask in Boston .......

Don’t know how you blame that on Rask, they were beaten to the puck all night long. Toronto has more talent, and they are playing like they want it more.

Toronto has more talent, and they are playing like they want it more.
That seems to be the theme in this series. If Toronto wins, I will expect them to be playing for the cup. Hopefully, Boston can continue the zig zag alternate game thing and tie it at 3-3, but that will be difficult to do on the road.

The 1 seeds went 1-8 in the playoffs lmaoo

That seems to be the theme in this series. If Toronto wins, I will expect them to be playing for the cup. Hopefully, Boston can continue the zig zag alternate game thing and tie it at 3-3, but that will be difficult to do on the road.

They really needed to wear them down physically over the course of the series, but Toronto is moving the puck so well that it’s making it hard to forecheck.

The eye test says Toronto is faster, sharper and looks like a winner......

Bruins ..not so much....

Going to have to play lights out next 2 games.......

Go Broons...

Screw Rask ..........

Comments like these really show who are casual fans. Rask was the best player on the ice last night and has been great all series. Exactly which goal did you think was his fault last night? He's let up one weak goal which was the Matthews wrister in Game 4. Other than that, Tuukka has been fantastic.

Maybe place some of the blame on the braindead forwards who have been garbage all series. Somebody put Bergeron, DeBrusk, Marchand, and even Pasta on a damn milk carton. They've been completely outplayed and have showed no grit. Dipsy doodle cute passes that get broken up by Toronto, nobody going to the corners to win puck battles, flipping the puck into Toronto zone with zero backcheck on the Toronto D which is their weakness, etc. Literally the only time i've seen either Pasta or Marchand crash the net they've scored twice, both happening in game 4.

Also bench the entire 4th line. They are supposed to be our energy and tone-setters. Acciari and Wagner have been garbage, Kuraly is clearly rusty. Put back in Kuhlman and Nordstrom. We dress Backes and play him 4 minutes? Put Kuhlman back in if you're going to do that for christ sake. At least he shows the willingness to drive the puck to the net.

And in Game 6, maybe we try something called shooting the puck at the net. We had, what, 4 shots in the first 18 minutes of the game? Looking for extra pass, doing some stupid deke between 3 defenders, etc. instead of getting bodies to the net and pucks on net. It's been an absolute disgrace of a series. Bruce should be ashamed at how poorly his team has been prepared and the lack of intensity they've shown.

Rask, Krejci, McAvoy and maybe Coyle are the only ones who get a pass this series. Everybody else has been AWFUL.

Don’t know how you blame that on Rask, they were beaten to the puck all night long. Toronto has more talent, and they are playing like they want it more.
I blame him due to my irrational anger of that moment.:mad::mad::mad:

My take on Jack stands ... he's like nails on a blackboard - especially when they lose.

Comments like these really show who are casual fans. Rask was the best player on the ice last night and has been great all series. Exactly which goal did you think was his fault last night? He's let up one weak goal which was the Matthews wrister in Game 4. Other than that, Tuukka has been fantastic.

Maybe place some of the blame on the braindead forwards who have been garbage all series. Somebody put Bergeron, DeBrusk, Marchand, and even Pasta on a damn milk carton. They've been completely outplayed and have showed no grit. Dipsy doodle cute passes that get broken up by Toronto, nobody going to the corners to win puck battles, flipping the puck into Toronto zone with zero backcheck on the Toronto D which is their weakness, etc. Literally the only time i've seen either Pasta or Marchand crash the net they've scored twice, both happening in game 4.

Also bench the entire 4th line. They are supposed to be our energy and tone-setters. Acciari and Wagner have been garbage, Kuraly is clearly rusty. Put back in Kuhlman and Nordstrom. We dress Backes and play him 4 minutes? Put Kuhlman back in if you're going to do that for christ sake. At least he shows the willingness to drive the puck to the net.

And in Game 6, maybe we try something called shooting the puck at the net. We had, what, 4 shots in the first 18 minutes of the game? Looking for extra pass, doing some stupid deke between 3 defenders, etc. instead of getting bodies to the net and pucks on net. It's been an absolute disgrace of a series. Bruce should be ashamed at how poorly his team has been prepared and the lack of intensity they've shown.

Rask, Krejci, McAvoy and maybe Coyle are the only ones who get a pass this series. Everybody else has been AWFUL.
See above ......

My take on Jack stands ... he's like nails on a blackboard - especially when they lose.
Obnoxious prep school type who was given daily swirlies by the jocks at his high school.

Why are we not mad at the interference?

You cause an action (like pushing off of someone on ice) which does an automatic reaction (like get pushed into goalie due to your own action) and consider it fine, otherwise every single offensive player should do exactly that and wipe out the goalie and then take a shot at the net

I didn’t catch the stuff about Edwards but I can’t take him, Emrick and Milbury were great though.

There actually is no crying in hockey, they are getting outworked, outplayed, and outcoached, and unless they can do a 180 and turn it around in all 3 areas their season will be over, and a great opportunity squandered.

I didn’t catch the stuff about Edwards but I can’t take him, Emrick and Milbury were great though.

Yeah, me three. I appreciate Edwards love of the game and all but he's just way too far over the top. Damn shame too cause I like Brickley quite a bit, it's a genuine treat when he's on NBCSN with a decent play by play partner.

There actually is no crying in hockey, they are getting outworked, outplayed, and outcoached, and unless they can do a 180 and turn it around in all 3 areas their season will be over, and a great opportunity squandered.
They have especially in game 4, not sure what their problem was last night but if they come out like they did in game 4 they can bring it back to Boston.

They have especially in game 4, not sure what their problem was last night but if they come out like they did in game 4 they can bring it back to Boston.

I don’t disagree that they could still come back but it will take a complete turnaround. The most concerning thing to me was just how sluggish they looked. Toronto skated circles around them.

Why are we not mad at the interference?

You cause an action (like pushing off of someone on ice) which does an automatic reaction (like get pushed into goalie due to your own action) and consider it fine, otherwise every single offensive player should do exactly that and wipe out the goalie and then take a shot at the net

No crying in hockey. Football has become almost unbearable because all players and fans do is make excuses for how they got screwed yada yada yada. It has turned into the biggest crybaby sport of all, and I hate that ****. The bottom line is that you won or lost, sh.t happens, people need to grow up and take the bad with the good.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back