PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

How phony are you talking? Like pink hat/front-running phony or switching allegiance to a same sport in division rival phony?

Would that allegiance have switched to the Habs if you had moved to Montreal?
There's a profound difference in rooting for an in division rival.

Actually I was engaging Chris and asking for a bit of clarification. I respect his opinions and wanted to be sure I understood where he was coming from and that we were on the same page. It may come as a shock but everything isn't about you.

Actually you took a shot at me before Chris even entered the conversation...but thanks anyway. You accuse me of hidden trolling - then you do the exact same thing and send me a PM about how you don't do it.

I am putting you on ignore since it's just not worth it. Don't bother responding since I won't read it.

Will never understand the mindset of someone who roots for teams from 2 rival cities... especially Boston and New York.

How dare they! People like that should be thrown in jail!!

Pretty sure the blues are cursed. Such a cheap goal off a deflection from the refs skate.

Actually you took a shot at me before Chris even entered the conversation...but thanks anyway. You accuse me of hidden trolling - then you do the exact same thing and send me a PM about how you don't do it.

I am putting you on ignore since it's just not worth it. Don't bother responding since I won't read it.

My calling you out as a fraud prior to engaging Chris had nothing to do with seeking clarification from him regarding his post. Poor little guy. Probably for the best you go to your safe space and stick your head in the sand. I'll miss your infantile dislikes though, they are like a badge of honor.

Many years ago I worked on a project in the Montreal area. We lived in Longueuil which is directly across the river from Montreal. To this day among our closest couple friends are people we met there. Our families occasionally Christmased together when the kids were younger and we still vacation together from time to time, nowadays almost always someplace warm. As strong as the bonds have been when it comes to hockey they have been sorely tested. While I love them dearly I fear for their sporting souls. The Habs are the antichrist on skates, there is no escaping it

And yeah, **** the Yankees
a lot of hockey fans don't realize. that a lot of the cups Montreal won are tainted. they had regional rights for years. https://sihrhockey.org/__a/public/column.cfm?cid=3&aid=361

Last edited:
Pretty sure the blues are cursed. Such a cheap goal off a deflection from the refs skate.

Since you were kind enough to invite us to become honorary Blues fans if the B's were to get eliminated the least we can do is extend a reciprocal offer should the Blues get bounced.

a lot of hockey fans don't realize. that a lot of the cups Montreal won are tainted. they had regional rights for years. https://thehockeywriters.com/habs-french-canadian-rule/

Um, that link was to an article that says that that accusation is false. :rolleyes:

I’ve heard it more than once. You’ve probably heard it yourself, especially if you’re a fan of the Montreal Canadiens. Some misinformed anti-Habs fan usually brings it up. It’s a myth passed on from one generation to the next, an old wives’ tale stoked by jealousy or emotions even more sinister. You know where I’m headed — the Montreal Canadiens have won all of those Stanley Cups in their team history because the NHL traditionally gave them exclusive territorial rights to all French Canadian players. Ugh, such ignorant nonsense!

I switched from Bruins to Sharks as an adult after moving to the Bay Area, but it didn't happen overnight and there were a myriad of factors...

- Hockey kicks ass live and the Shark Tank is an awesome experience. Gotta have my hockey fix.

- 3hr time difference killed my Bruins watching pleasure. I'm still at work when the games are played.

- The internet back then wasn't what it is now, so following teams from afar wasn't as easy as it is now. Ditto cable. Combining these points with the previous one and one day the former Neely/Bourque Bruins were no longer recognizable.

- San Jose is the red headed stepchild of the 3 cities here. Kind of an underdog vibe. No way I become a SF Sharks fan.

- Sharks fans are nuts. After knocking off the Cup favorite Red Wings as an 8 seed in '94 and taking Toronto to game 7, the city and fans threw them a parade. Even today, Arturs Irbe jerseys continue to be worn to games.

Sometime around 2000 I realized I could name every player on the Sharks and only 5-7 on the Bruins and said to myself, "Holy ****. I'm a San Jose fan." They grew on me. No regrets. Not even for 2011.

Regards,
Chris

If the Sharks and Bruins meet in the Final, I would stay the hell away from this thread. Seriously, the Bruins fans here are cranky, and frankly had I known they were mostly +50 year olds I never would have engaged with them in the first place. Most of them only post Bruins related stuff and rarely talk about the Pats. Do yourself a favor and go to the HF boards. Will root for SJ from here on out!

Many years ago I worked on a project in the Montreal area. We lived in Longueuil which is directly across the river from Montreal. To this day among our closest couple friends are people we met there. Our families occasionally Christmased together when the kids were younger and we still vacation together from time to time, nowadays almost always someplace warm. As strong as the bonds have been when it comes to hockey they have been sorely tested. While I love them dearly I fear for their sporting souls. The Habs are the antichrist on skates, there is no escaping it

And yeah, **** the Yankees

I admit I was licking my chops at a potential Pats/Raiders playoff game in '16 before Carr got hurt and his backup pooped the bed in the WC vs. Houston. I so looked forward to getting the stink eye all night from my girlfriend's family.

In the Mexico City game in 2017, it got away from Oakland so fast that I felt bad for them. Didn't have it in me to gloat.

Regards,
Chris

If the Sharks and Bruins meet in the Final, I would stay the hell away from this thread. Seriously, the Bruins fans here are cranky, and frankly had I known they were mostly +50 year olds I never would have engaged with them in the first place. Do yourself a favor and go to the HF boards. Will root for SJ from here on out!
Aw hell naw! Dying for Sharks/Bruins. Stupid Vancouver screwed that up in 2011. Had an old Bruins fan buddy who was going to fly out here and go to a game with me.

Regards,
Chris

Since you were kind enough to invite us to become honorary Blues fans if the B's were to get eliminated the least we can do is extend a reciprocal offer should the Blues get bounced.

Be careful throwing invites like that. Especially to a blues fan with the terrible playoff history I’ve witnessed.

Be careful throwing invites like that. Especially to a blues fan with the terrible playoff history I’ve witnessed.

Grace begets grace my friend. Besides, you've got one of the best screen names on this board

Aw hell naw! Dying for Sharks/Bruins. Stupid Vancouver screwed that up in 2011. Had an old Bruins fan buddy who was going to fly out here and go to a game with me.

Regards,
Chris

Alright...don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

Definitely go to a Cup Final game if you have the chance. I went to game 3 last year in Washington and it was the best hockey game I've ever been to. I've never heard Capital One arena so loud!

a lot of hockey fans don't realize. that a lot of the cups Montreal won are tainted. they had regional rights for years. https://thehockeywriters.com/habs-french-canadian-rule/

As a kid, for me, more so than the Yankess, the Habs made me an angry sports fan (albeit child sports fan). The Canadians F'n owned the Bruins. Even when the Bruins clearly had the better overall team the Habs eliminating the Bruins became a virtual automatic. I don't know exact numbers -- maybe my memory/anger is way overplaying it -- but I'd swear it had to be 5 or 6 years straight they eliminated the Bruins.

So I'll buy "tainted" for absolutely no other reason whatsoever than pure frustration and hatred at the Habs constant elimination of the Bruins :)
(the one saving grace was guys like O'Reilly taking his/our frustration out on the teeth of the Habs, probably even a couple teeth out of a Hab fan or two also :):))

If the Sharks and Bruins meet in the Final, I would stay the hell away from this thread. Seriously, the Bruins fans here are cranky, and frankly had I known they were mostly +50 year olds I never would have engaged with them in the first place. Most of them only post Bruins related stuff and rarely talk about the Pats. Do yourself a favor and go to the HF boards. Will root for SJ from here on out!
the main point you want to ignore is Chris isn't a troll. you are.

As a kid, for me, more so than the Yankess, the Habs made me an angry sports fan (albeit child sports fan). The Canadians F'n owned the Bruins. Even when the Bruins clearly had the better overall team the Habs eliminating the Bruins became a virtual automatic. I don't know exact numbers -- maybe my memory/anger is way overplaying it -- but I'd swear it had to be 5 or 6 years straight they eliminated the Bruins.

So I'll buy "tainted" for absolutely no other reason whatsoever than pure frustration and hatred at the Habs constant elimination of the Bruins :)
(the one saving grace was guys like O'Reilly taking his/our frustration out on the teeth of the Habs, probably even a couple teeth out of a Hab fan or two also :):))

At the risk of repeating myself, ****the Habs

Regards,
Chris

Sharks are a tough team to hate. I'd enjoy that for a series, two really good teams with no BS just some serious hockey.

Sharks are a tough team to hate. I'd enjoy that for a series, two really good teams with no BS just some serious hockey.
You would get to see up close how Thornton has aged. Still love him, but his best days are way behind him. Great character guy, vocal leader. Pavelski earned his 'C', but leads more by example. Not a fire up the troops leader. Joe fills that void.

Regards,
Chris

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe