PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

Red Sox TV ratings are typically 2-3x that of the Bruins on NESN.

Regardless, your trolling of a fellow Boston sports team (with your incredibly unfunny nickname) on a Patriots forum is just an annoyance to the majority of people here.
I'll endeavor to consult you preliminarily next time as self-appointed spokesman for "the majority of people here." ;)

I think we are all mindful of how many championships we've been fortunate enough to see the ol' hometown team win. That said, it is not unreasonable to find Dr Creepy's penchant for turning everything into a revenue stream while presenting himself as some kind of steward of the game as being over the top unseemly, not unlike how his newspaper deals with our football team. I get that we have to take the bad with the good and the Sox ownership has by and large been committed to winning, it's the hypocrisy that many of us have trouble with

Eh. Owners are owners. Committed to winning is all I care about. After all John Henry hasn't been filmed getting a handy from a hooker. And, which I think the Globe coverage of the Pats is pretty dismal, I seriously doubt JH has anything to do with it. I think those bad feelings go way back well before he ever got the team.

And, which I think the Globe coverage of the Pats is pretty dismal, I seriously doubt JH has anything to do with it. I think those bad feelings go way back well before he ever got the team.
He hasn't done anything to temper it, which is tacit approval.

Eh. Owners are owners. Committed to winning is all I care about. After all John Henry hasn't been filmed getting a handy from a hooker. And, which I think the Globe coverage of the Pats is pretty dismal, I seriously doubt JH has anything to do with it. I think those bad feelings go way back well before he ever got the team.

If you haven't noted an escalation in hatchet jobs over the last half dozen years from where it was when Krafty Bob bought the team 25 years ago I'd submit you either haven't been paying attention or perhaps aren't old enough to recall how cordially both the team and the Krafts were treated between the time they saved the Pats from going to St Louis and when the team became a juggernaut.

He hasn't done anything to temper it, which is tacit approval.

Damn straight. There is no way in God's good creation they didn't at the very least go to Henry to get his sign off on the hatchet job they did on Brady's charity work and filing suit for the Kraft video. But we digress, we could easily get a separate thread on Dr Creepy to run out to a 1K posts

Damn straight. There is no way in God's good creation they didn't at the very least go to Henry to get his sign off on the hatchet job they did on Brady's charity work and filing suit for the Kraft video.
There's no way of telling what kind of relationship Henry has with editorial policy. He could be entirely hands off (in which case he reserves plausible deniability). He has the power to set policy, step in and kill a story or order something be done to his liking. But whatever happens the buck certainly stops at his desk. And his baseball team competes head-to-head with the Patriots at multiple levels in the regional marketplace.

If you haven't noted an escalation in hatchet jobs over the last half dozen years from where it was when Krafty Bob bought the team 25 years ago I'd submit you either haven't been paying attention or perhaps aren't old enough to recall how cordially both the team and the Krafts were treated between the time they saved the Pats from going to St Louis and when the team became a juggernaut.
Believe me, I'm way more than old enough. Cordial? Certainly not after Bill got there. Ron Borges. Will McDonough HATED Belichick. But Dan Shaughnessy has a feud going on with them that goes back before Bill. He didn't get invited to a party, I think when Kraft first took over and he's taken every shot he can at them ever since. Michael Holley (then with the Globe) was VERY negative about BB until they won the SB. Keep in mind Henry has only owned the Globe since 2013. Before that it was the NYT. I mean, you'd have as much basis claiming the Times was after them because New York.

Believe me, I'm way more than old enough. Cordial? Certainly not after Bill got there. Ron Borges. Will McDonough HATED Belichick. But Dan Shaughnessy has a feud going on with them that goes back before Bill. He didn't get invited to a party, I think when Kraft first took over and he's taken every shot he can at them ever since. Michael Holley (then with the Globe) was VERY negative about BB until they won the SB. Keep in mind Henry has only owned the Globe since 2013. Before that it was the NYT. I mean, you'd have as much basis claiming the Times was after them because New York.
The worst of the Globe's anti-Patriots nonsense comes from the regular news side of the operation and non-sports columnists.

this thread is getting way off track. game 7 wed.

The fans had better do their jobs. I’m talking epic levels of daydrinking, here.
Does that include folks at home or just those driving to the game? :D

I agree the 'gratuitous' fights have no place in today's game but I do not hold that all fights are gratuitous. In a randomly officiated sport with no out of bounds where highly conditioned athletes in the equivalent of body armor consistently move at 20-30 mph while carrying 6 foot weapons and routinely run each other into unyielding boards I think it's rather the opposite
Its the stick. I only play college intramural hockey, but I played 3 years of college lacrosse and a few decades of it after my football and coaching days were behind me. Having a stick in your hands just seems to incite violence.

I played back in the days of wooden sticks and gut stringing. As a defenseman (long stick) one of the ways we counted a successful day was by how many sticks we broke. The object was to hit the attack mans stick or gloves, but I didn't hate it if other body parts were affected (except of course if I got a penalty. ;) ). The ultimate goal was a "thumb shot". Back then there was a weak spot in the gloves at the thumb and if you hit JUST right you'd make the guy literally drop his stick. It hurt like hell. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I wasn't known for my adept stick handling (Yes I was a lacrosse Goon) so it only happened a couple of times to me, but I still remember every one.

Yes, there is something about chasing another guy with a stick in your hands that brings out something primordial in a guy. ;)

Its the stick. I only play college intramural hockey, but I played 3 years of college lacrosse

I played in an adult indoor LAX league when I was in my mid to late 20's. It was a fun league where if teams were short players you might play for a different team playing back to back games. It was a full contact checking league and a ton of fun. People were aggressive but nobody worked anybody over with the stick in an over the line fashion.

One night one of the guys who went to college with one of the Boston Cannons showed up with him and three more Cannons. Each team took two of them and we all took turns trying to guard them just to measure up. It was like a kid who played high school hoops trying to guard Jordan. What these guys could do with the stick was amazing. They did behind the back passes better than any of of could straight ahead. I was covering one of them and would have bet a c-note he passed the ball and everybody was yelling at me he still has it. A total treat to play against somebody that good and humbling to the nth degree.

The fans had better do their jobs. I’m talking epic levels of daydrinking, here.
We don't want the older crowd burning out too early.

Don't forget Kevin Mannix.

Borges was brutal on PomPom as well.

That SB36 win changed everything for how BB was treated

I think these extra day’s off between games is going to help the Bruins shake off the Blues pounding and allow them to get fresh legs under them. B’s win game 7 by 3.

I think these extra day’s off between games is going to help the Bruins shake off the Blues pounding and allow them to get fresh legs under them. B’s win game 7 by 3.

From your fingers.

My heart would appreciate your prediction.

Maybe. Bs took it to the Blues pretty good as well in G6.

Natty Light so the money goes a long way.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back