PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Patriots Draft Contacts Thread

More likely Freeny, I think.

Maybe but the LB prospects they've been looking at are top half of the draft type guys, in other words, prospective starters which suggests they're not overly enamoured with Roberts.

Maybe but the LB prospects they've been looking at are top half of the draft type guys, in other words, prospective starters which suggests they're not overly enamoured with Roberts.

I don't think its that simple necessarily. It could be to simply chart their rankings and see if there is a significant difference between an A, B and C prospect.

I think they have enough love for both, also Freeny for some reason. I don't think its about them but about adding a type of player they were searching for for some time and they clearly lack on the roster, Freeny is a High backup (as crazy as it sounds) and Roberts is a situational player that showed his value.

I don't think its that simple necessarily. It could be to simply chart their rankings and see if there is a significant difference between an A, B and C prospect.

I think they have enough love for both, also Freeny for some reason. I don't think its about them but about adding a type of player they were searching for for some time and they clearly lack on the roster, Freeny is a High backup (as crazy as it sounds) and Roberts is a situational player that showed his value.

We're all speculating.

With all these looks at linebacker, I wonder if it's Freeney or Roberts in trouble.

"In trouble"? IDK. Likely to see competition in Camp? Almost certainly.

Then, too, Van Noy is under contract only through the end of 2017.

Addendum:

Roberts had some deficiencies in his game in 2016 that they were able to work around, for the most part. But they can't really bank on him "fixing" those deficiencies this off-season. Ergo, looking for competition for him (and Freeny, probably).

Last edited:
A friendly reminder :)

I am waiting on a few more chips to fall, in regards to Butler and JimmyG. It will make it more interesting knowing those, and totally changes our needs as well.

My board is mostly set at this point, just want another week or 2 to see how much different our needs become, and what we have available.

I am waiting on a few more chips to fall, in regards to Butler and JimmyG. It will make it more interesting knowing those, and totally changes our needs as well.

My board is mostly set at this point, just want another week or 2 to see how much different our needs become, and what we have available.

Working on mine at the moment. Trying hard to keep the numbers down.

Receiver Amara Darboh caught fire with a terrific performance at the combine and kept the momentum going at pro day. He ran great routes and caught the ball well yesterday.

Starting on Thursday night Darboh met with the TennesseeTitans, Carolina Panthers, New England Patriots and New Orleans Saints.

Pro Day: Michigan Wrap Up | Draft Analyst

I wondered about him because of his length.

Bucknell offensive lineman Julien Davenport had a full workout with the New England Patriotstoday which included film and board work and was impressive.

Pats met with Julie'n Davenport from Bucknell today. It was a full workout and film study session.

I wasn't a fan of his film, mostly because his fundamentals needed so much work. With that said, he has the athletic profile, and we have the greatest teacher for the position in the game.

One to keep an eye on.

Pro Day: March 27 | Draft Analyst

Pats met with Julie'n Davenport from Bucknell today. It was a full workout and film study session.

I wasn't a fan of his film, mostly because his fundamentals needed so much work. With that said, he has the athletic profile, and we have the greatest teacher for the position in the game.

One to keep an eye on.

Pro Day: March 27 | Draft Analyst

Reminds me a bit of Le'Raven Clark last year. Maybe they like his upside more.

Reminds me a bit of Le'Raven Clark last year. Maybe they like his upside more.

That's not a bad comp. I think Davenport has better feet, but I think he's probably a little bit more raw.

But, with LTs, and really all offensive linemen now, they all need a significant amount of coaching because of the offensive systems they play. Might as well take one that fits your athletic standards and try and work with him.

And of Houston Pro Day fame, Brandon Wilson will be meeting with the Patriots next week for a visit, according Tony Pauline.

His best testing comp I can find in the database? Terrence Wheatley. Take that for what it's worth.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back