PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Patriots Draft Contacts Thread

EDIT: The amount of work I had to do to parse through their stupid code and find the actual jpg file to embed is kind of silly. The NFL website is so cumbersome.

Great shot of Conley:

Gareon Conley

Best of 2017 Pro Days

gareon-conley_pg_600.jpg

Last edited:
The Utes other tackle Sam Tevi also impressed scouts. He moved incredibly well for a big man (measured 6060) and showed decent range in drills. Tevi met with the New Orleans Saints and New England Patriots.

Pro Day March 23: Ohio State | Draft Analyst

The RT to Bolles' LT.

Why is there such an interest in players the Patriots have contacted? I kept track
of them until I discovered they drafted very few of them. They seem to average one per year.

Why is there such an interest in players the Patriots have contacted? I kept track
of them until I discovered they drafted very few of them. They seem to average one per year.

I ran the stats rigorously for a couple-three years and it's maybe 2-5/year (accounting for the contacts we don't hear about until later). But, yeah, the percentage is pretty low.

OTOH, when you start including players that the Pats end up acquiring after they've been in the league awhile, the percentage goes up a lot. ;)

The interest is probably mostly to try to get a feel for what types/fits the Pats are looking for. Plus some wishful thinking about binkies (or maybe that's only me).

Guess you haven't been keeping track the last 8 years

2016-
Jones
Mitchell
Lucien
Grugier-Hill

2015-
Brown
Flowers (it wasn't reported anywhere but Flowers himself said he had contact pre-draft)
Andrews
Mason
Jackson
Derby
Grissom
Roberts
Coleman
Cardona
Rowe (traded a potential 3rd round pick for him)
Kilgo (currently on the PS)

2014-
Jimmy G
Easley
Moore
Gallon
Also during the 2014 pre-draft period Pats had contact with Cooks Ealy and Van Noy. So like Rowe, Pats learned they were available and traded for them

2013-
Collins
Dobson
Boyce
There was likely some contact with Ryan and Harmon given the whole Rutgers thing.

2012-
Jones
Dennard
Wilson
(Acquired at a later date)
McClellin, Armstead, Fleming

2011-
Solder
Cannon
Mallett
Ross

2010-
McCourty
Spikes
Price
Inmate

2009-
Chung
Edelman
Butler
Ohrnberger
Tate
Hoyer
Brace
McKenzie
Kettani

Belichick, Patricia and Steve Jr, all were at Michigan's Pro Day

Waqr6J6-1MkE2Pi63Q5qaP_l6cToYMQAEATN2vu1M6A.jpg

Defensive Coordinator and Safeties Coach, one could assume they were looking at defenders and most likely one of them being a Safety.

2016-
Jones
Mitchell
Lucien
Grugier-Hill

2015-
Brown
Flowers (it wasn't reported anywhere but Flowers himself said he had contact pre-draft)
Andrews
Mason
Jackson
Derby
Grissom
Roberts
Coleman
Cardona

2014-
Jimmy G
Easley
Moore
Gallon
Also during the 2014 pre-draft period Pats had contact with Cooks Ealy and Van Noy. So like Rowe, Pats learned they were available and traded for them

2013-
Collins
Dobson
Boyce
There was likely some contact with Ryan and Harmon given the whole Rutgers thing.

2012-
Jones
Dennard
Wilson

2011-
Solder
Cannon
Mallett
Ross

2010-
McCourty
Spikes
Price
Inmate

2009-
Chung
Edelman
Butler
Ohrnberger
Tate
Hoyer
Brace
McKenzie
Kettani

2016-
Jones
Mitchell
Lucien
Grugier-Hill

2015-
Brown
Andrews
Mason
Jackson
Derby
Grissom
Roberts
Coleman
Cardona

2014-
Jimmy G
Easley
Moore
Gallon

2013-
Collins
Dobson
Boyce

2012-
Jones
Dennard
Wilson

2011-
Solder
Cannon
Mallett
Ross

2010-
McCourty
Spikes
Price
Inmate

2009-
Chung
Edelman
Butler
Ohrnberger
Tate
Hoyer
Brace
McKenzie
Kettani
Like Roger Clemens, I misremembered what I read early in this thread. Mark
Daniels was referring to how few players the Patriots talked to at the combine
who made the team.

2016-
Jones
Mitchell
Lucien
Grugier-Hill

2015-
Brown
Andrews
Mason
Jackson
Derby
Grissom
Roberts
Coleman
Cardona

2014-
Jimmy G
Easley
Moore
Gallon

2013-
Collins
Dobson
Boyce

2012-
Jones
Dennard
Wilson

2011-
Solder
Cannon
Mallett
Ross

2010-
McCourty
Spikes
Price
Inmate

2009-
Chung
Edelman
Butler
Ohrnberger
Tate
Hoyer
Brace
McKenzie
Kettani

Ha! Intrigued by the fact that so many pre-draft contacts had been selected in 2009, I started tracking them for myself in 2010. Came up with lists 60-100+ contacts long. Gave up after 2014 because the number actually selected made it hardly seem worth the effort.

Apparently, BB took note and drafted a buttload in 2015, just to screw with me.

Another safety:

Safety Delano Hill continues to march up draft boards. Tipping the scales at 223 pounds, seven more than his combine weight, Hill looked terrific in drills. Many commented he was as smooth as the Wolverine corners he was working out with, showing next level footwork as well as hip movement.

Hill had dinner with the New Orleans Saints last night, met with the New England Patriots before the workout and is presently meeting with the Tampa Bay Bucs.

March 24 Pro Day: Michigan | Draft Analyst

Last edited:
Belichick, Patricia and Steve Jr, all were at Michigan's Pro Day

Waqr6J6-1MkE2Pi63Q5qaP_l6cToYMQAEATN2vu1M6A.jpg

Defensive Coordinator and Safeties Coach, one could assume they were looking at defenders and most likely one of them being a Safety.

I wouldn't necessarily assume the safety thing. BB and Stevie B were together at the Ohio State pro day yesterday and it's obviously part of a pro day road trip. Having said that, Delano Hill is someone they've already shown interest in and clearly Peppers is a factor.

Getting more interesting:

yep. Remember, they went after Worrilow in FA also fast move LB and a great tackler.
I saw it as a weak spot last couple of seasons, KGH and Mingo didn't work out, Roberts is a forward missile, struggles lateral and dropping in coverage . glad to see the search continues..

yep. Remember, they went after Worrilow in FA also fast move LB and a great tackler.
I saw it as a weak spot last couple of seasons, KGH and Mingo didn't work out, Roberts is a forward missile, struggles lateral and dropping in coverage . glad to see the search continues..

Good point. Closest thing to Worrilow at the combine athletically were Bowser, TJ Watt (both bigger) and Duke Riley. But Worrilow had a sub 4.00 short shuttle. That's WR/CB territory.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back