PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 celtics playoff thread.

This has been like watching paint dry compared to that Blazers/Warriors game earlier.

The was really ugly. The lack of a legitimate threat outside of Thomas is going to cost the C's yet again. Not against the Bulls, but eventually. Oh well. At least you got the playoffs.

LOL at these disgraceful, soft-ass frauds.

I'm loving the way the Grizzlies coach **** on the officiating in the post game presser last night. I've never been one to think these games are fixed from the top down, but they sure do play favorites.

another ugly game. still giving up offensive rebound after offensive rebound. lots of bricks being chucked up. Marcus smart just driving into the defense like a mack truck with no chance of scoring. and Isiah missing free throw after free throw. total humiliation.

Last edited:
Lmao I cannot believe you guys are ****ting the bed against the Bulls of all teams.

Get ready for the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA…not.

I'm beginning to doubt the ability of Brad Stevens to coach a team in the POs; but as long as Danny is allowed to continue to purchase rancid groceries, then I won't blame Stevens completely for what we're seeing.

#FireDannyAinge

Last edited:
i think you are enjoying it to much. remember we are patriots fans.

I'm actually not enjoying it at all. I can't stand the Bulls and I hate Rondo even more. I'd be saying the same thing if the Heat just gagged two games away to them on their own home court as the one seed.

I'm actually not enjoying it at all. I can't stand the Bulls and I hate Rondo even more. I'd be saying the same thing if the Heat just gagged two games away to them on their own home court as the one seed.
it could be worse i guess. like you said the heat didnt make the playoffs.

it could be worse i guess. like you said the heat didnt make the playoffs.
Yup. They would have gotten smoked even if they got in. That team very much overachieved at the end. Aside from Whiteside, they are completely devoid of top end talent.

Last year I referred to the Celtics as an Island of Misfit Toys full of oddities....starting with their undersized star. How right I was.

Let's face the truth regarding Isaiah.....his limitations become magnified verses playoff quality teams. For the second post season in a row, his offensive prowess gets swallowed up by competent defensive teams. The book is out on Thomas and the Celtics....double and triple him early in the offensive series...force the ball out of his hands and make him surrender the ball to his offensively challenged teammates who lack finishing skills.
On defense, have you been watching how his Celtics teammates must compensate to cover up for Thomas' defensive limitations. Teammates are leaving their assignments to help IT out, leaving wide open shooters who have been draining their shots in both games
In a perfect world, IT is the perfect 6th man who can provide instant offense....no more. But this is the NBA with 20+ teams with garbage rosters who will be willing to pay max dollars to Thomas...limitations and all...and I fear the Celts will never ascend much higher than now if the team commits to IT and pay him as their "superstar."

That being said, the Celtics big men are WRETCHED. Possibly the worst front court in the NBA. Soft, cant't shoot, can't rebound, etc etc etc. I'm actually laughing out loud when Kelly O is bumbling about the court, when max contract Horford is 25 feet out playing point guard turning the ball over with such adeptness. Crowder has lost his way. Johnson is a 9th man. And don't get me started on Jerebko and Zeller. What the *%#* was Ainge thinking....believing these big men can compete in the NBA verses the league's best.

My issues with Ainge:
-stocking his team with a surplus of guards while ignoring the front court
-not making a deadline move to address rebounding
-maxing out Horford...an epic fail on his part...conference champs be damned

The good news......The Celtics issues have been magnified to such a level now....he has no choice but to retool. The question is....does Ainge want to win a trophy, or just make it to the dance. Thomas can get them to the dance....but I fear he will never be able to lead them to a trophy. Will Ainge have the guts to trade IT....likely forcing the team to take two steps back before it can take a giant step forward. Is Ainge secure enough to be so bold? Will he turn the team over to a stud PG coming out of the draft?

PS........The coach..... I acknowledge he is forced to work with a band of misfits and oddities. I am baffled why he has his 7 footers above the 3 point arc to start the offense, too often in a PG role dishing the ball off...or turning it over.

What a mess. The fact that Boston could win 50+ games with this roster tells me everything about the true quality of the league. Glad their product is on TV for free.

Last edited:
so what you want about rondo. he's playing at a high-level, unfortunately. he always plays his best in big games.

Last year I referred to the Celtics as an Island of Misfit Toys full of oddities....starting with their undersized star. How right I was.

Let's face the truth regarding Isaiah.....his limitations become magnified verses playoff quality teams. For the second post season in a row, his offensive prowess gets swallowed up by competent defensive teams. The book is out on Thomas and the Celtics....double and triple him early in the offensive series...force the ball out of his hands and make him surrender the ball to his offensively challenged teammates who lack finishing skills.
On defense, have you been watching how his Celtics teammates must compensate to cover up for Thomas' defensive limitations. Teammates are leaving their assignments to help IT out, leaving wide open shooters who have been draining their shots in both games
In a perfect world, IT is the perfect 6th man who can provide instant offense....no more. But this is the NBA with 20+ teams with garbage rosters who will be willing to pay max dollars to Thomas...limitations and all...and I fear the Celts will never ascend much higher than now if the team commits to IT and pay him as their "superstar."

That being said, the Celtics big men are WRETCHED. Possibly the worst front court in the NBA. Soft, cant't shoot, can't rebound, etc etc etc. I'm actually laughing out loud when Kelly O is bumbling about the court, when max contract Horford is 25 feet out playing point guard turning the ball over with such adeptness. Crowder has lost his way. Johnson is a 9th man. And don't get me started on Jerebko and Zeller. What the *%#* was Ainge thinking....believing these big men can compete in the NBA verses the league's best.

My issues with Ainge:
-stocking his team with a surplus of guards while ignoring the front court
-not making a deadline move to address rebounding
-maxing out Horford...an epic fail on his part...conference champs be damned

The good news......The Celtics issues have been magnified to such a level now....he has no choice but to retool. The question is....does Ainge want to win a trophy, or just make it to the dance. Thomas can get them to the dance....but I fear he will never be able to lead them to a trophy. Will Ainge have the guts to trade IT....likely forcing the team to take two steps back before it can take a giant step forward. Is Ainge secure enough to be so bold? Will he turn the team over to a stud PG coming out of the draft?

PS........The coach..... I acknowledge he is forced to work with a band of misfits and oddities. I am baffled why he has his 7 footers above the 3 point arc to start the offense, too often in a PG role dishing the ball off...or turning it over.

What a mess. The fact that Boston could win 50+ games with this roster tells me everything about the true quality of the league. Glad their product is on TV for free.
My thoughts exactly, and I too have been saying this for the entire season, and especially after the trade deadline when Danny didn't do A FECKIN THING.

The best thing for this franchise now would be if it were swept by da Bulls. Perhaps then ownership would take a long, honest look at this extremely flawed roster, and at the man who is responsible for its creation.

Go Bulls!

#FireDannyAinge

Last edited:
thank god ainge didn't waste valuable picks and trades on this roster. he will be loaded up with picks and cap space to do something significant this offseason. good job danny. he knew this roster was flawed. plus you get more back during the offseason then you do at the trade dead line..

Last edited:
Next year Guerschon Yabusele (6-8, 265) and Ante Zizic (7-0, 255) will both be ready for prime time at PF and C. Hopefully, they will help to address the gaping hole in the rebounding department. Also, Abdel Nader could crack the roster as well. He is a small forward who can consistently hit from beyond the 3 point line. I saw him recently in a D league game in Canton, Ohio and he looked like a man among boys. Don't forget they also get the Brooklyn Nets first round draft choice.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back