PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp - Day 7 (8/4/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats worked out former Arkansas WR Cobi Hamilton. Looks like they're concerned about WR depth, at least in the short term.

Disconcerting considering that the "consensus" among the media had been that both Amendola and Edelman would be back sooner rather than later.

Disconcerting considering that the "consensus" among the media had been that both Amendola and Edelman would be back sooner rather than later.

Not sure if it's an indication of those two but rather the younger kids. Could be wrong though.

True. But when Slater is practising as a WR, perhaps necessary. Of course they haven't signed him yet so might just be a false alarm.

Someone said that Jamie Collins was their no1 FA priority. That's fully understandable, but whilst it's very close, Hightower is mine.

Agreed. Hightower is primed to be the "Mayo" or "Bruschi" of this young and up and coming defense. Leader who may never get the props, but always shows up ready to do the dirty work, at a high level

Agreed. Hightower is primed to be the "Mayo" or "Bruschi" of this young and up and coming defense. Leader who may never get the props, but always shows up ready to do the dirty work, at a high level

And a potentially dominant blitzer too. I think this is an underrated part of his game.

That's because Collins is probably the most dominant inside blitzing linebacker in the game today. But yeah I agree that part of his game is underrated. :)

Hmmm. I don't have the stats to back it up, but I'm not convinced Collins is better than Hightower at blitzing. It's a close thing but I might give the edge to Hightower. Collins has better range but Hightower takes on blockers better. In my humble opinion.

From the TC Day[x] threads that I read I can get 2 things:

- BB is taking it easy and on the precautionary side regarding players returning from injury / getting the players in football shape. Seems like that hypothesis I and others observed in the last 2 or 3 years is accurate, BB's real training camp is through weeks 1-4. This year even with Brady's situation is no different.

- Brissett is a project, a very distant one.

From the TC Day[x] threads that I read I can get 2 things:

- BB is taking it easy and on the precautionary side regarding players returning from injury / getting the players in football shape. Seems like that hypothesis I and others observed in the last 2 or 3 years is accurate, BB's real training camp is through weeks 1-4. This year even with Brady's situation is no different.

- Brissett is a project, a very distant one.

Considering that Brissett figures to be our top back-up next year, I wouldn't say it's that distant..

Hmmm. I don't have the stats to back it up, but I'm not convinced Collins is better than Hightower at blitzing. It's a close thing but I might give the edge to Hightower. Collins has better range but Hightower takes on blockers better. In my humble opinion.

You may be right, but when Shane Vereen was asked who he feared the most blocking in the NFL. He said Jamie Collins.

You may be right, but when Shane Vereen was asked who he feared the most blocking in the NFL. He said Jamie Collins.

I'm just glad they're both Patriots. Hopefully for many years to come.

So the Pats got both Cobi Hamilton AND Ochocinco.

Pats clearly won THAT trade.

:rolleyes:

Even Ochocinco scored his one and only TD on the Jest. Probably worth it for that alone. Even more of an indication of how much they suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back