PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Denver AFCCG versus 2019 KC tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are overrating the Chiefs. 2013 Denver was a very good team;probably the best during Mannings tenure. The Pats were lucky to beat them the first time at home after being down big early. 2015 Denver wasn't as good but their D was super elite. The Chiefs offense is definitely not world beaters and the Pats lead against them most of the game in their win at home this season.

Last edited:
The opponents couldn’t be any more different in terms of strenghts.

Only thing that is similar is that they are both difficult stadiums to play at.

Despite the fact we lost to the Broncos that year, I still maintain that pass to Gronk by Brady on the last drive was one of, if not the, best plays of each of those players’ respective careers.

I can't imagibe the o line being so flustered and not having a silent count tomorrow. Brady got beat up that day.

Our running game back then was Stephen Jackson. Was develin injured that season? The running game will be vital tomorrow.

Our cornerbacks are playing great and they're deep. We certainly have more passrushers than last yr.. probably not as good as 2016? Better run stuffers back then but I'm betting kc doesn't stay committed to the run and we get sub packages in more often than not.

Never seen the team this healthy.

Just saying we're better prepared to go on the road this time around plus no thin atmosphere.

Sure it's a different Patriots team but 2016 is a lesson learned that will help tomorrow.
The 2015 patriots may have been the best patriot team ever up until the major task of injuries and after it may be the worst one to ever play in a conference championship.
Tomorrow we go in healthy.

Only thing that is similar is that they are both difficult stadiums to play at.
That is a myth about arrowhead.

Here are some facts.
I arbitrarily chose 15 years.
The chiefs are 18th best home win % over that timeframe yet 16th best road win % meaning they have a less than average HFA.

Just to eliminated bias I did the last 10 years.
They are 9th best on the road (.494 win %) and 15th best at home (.583)

So again the chiefs advantage for being at hone instead of on the road is among the lower in the league.

Arrowhead is a tough place to play is a myth other than the fact that the chiefs have, overall been an above average team so they win have a winning record at home. But compared to the league average they are more successful on the road than at home.

If we limit it to the Reid years they have the 3rd best win % at home and the 2nd best on the road so again, they have been a good team but do not have an above average advantage at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Pats are ready and this is the perfect storm. They’re healthy, motivated, and in the mode of playing to take something that isn’t suppose to be their’s as a 2 seed vs. playing not to lose something that’s intended as their’s as a 1 seed. We’ll see what happens, but these are great games to anticipate as fans when the stakes are high, and the expectations are wavering.

If we are going by this season, Kelce is better than Gronk. Hill is better than any of the Pats receivers. And Mahomes has performed better than Brady. Does that mean the Chiefs will outplay them on offense? Of course not. There are no guarantees. But one cannot just ignore the road woes. Nor can one ignore Brady's performances on the road. This hasn't been an ordinary year. We all thought they would rebound after Jacksonville. They did not. We thought they would come out strong in Pittsburgh following the Miami debacle. Did not happen.

Who the hell is "We?" You do realize that these 2 teams faced each other and the Pats scored more pts than KC. KC may have younger and more talented players but that doesn't mean their offense is way better than the Patriots. Fact is KC defense sucks b*lls and they can't stop NE, but Pats Defense is way better and can actually slow down KCs O. It doesn't matter where the game is played, NE will be better prepared and will prevail.

I'll tell you what, since you're so sure KC will smack down the Pats, put up $100 on a straight up win (I won't even take the 3 pts). Put up or STFU already. Let me know if you're game or will puzzy out.

Eh, I don't see a comparison, other than playing AFCCG on the road. Broncos were completely different than the Chiefs.

And 2015 Patriots, if 90% healthy, would be the favorites to win the Super Bowl today. They almost pulled out a win @DEN out of their a**es.

Just a reminder...

2015 injuries.png

The 2015 patriots may have been the best patriot team ever up until the major task of injuries and after it may be the worst one to ever play in a conference championship.
Tomorrow we go in healthy.

People really have no clue how good the 2015 team was until injuries hit left and right. In another universe where we stay heathly it goes undefeated and wins the title.

The way they were undressing teams on offense and stopping the run successfully in sub was pretty amazing.

If we are going by this season, Kelce is better than Gronk. Hill is better than any of the Pats receivers. And Mahomes has performed better than Brady. Does that mean the Chiefs will outplay them on offense? Of course not. There are no guarantees. But one cannot just ignore the road woes. Nor can one ignore Brady's performances on the road. This hasn't been an ordinary year. We all thought they would rebound after Jacksonville. They did not. We thought they would come out strong in Pittsburgh following the Miami debacle. Did not happen.

i understand where you're coming from....however, Kelce is a better receiver than Gronk. Not a better TE. Gronk still requires coverage maybe not the double (Triple) like before. He's also an absolute monster in the run game and intangibles that are a effect of it (see Michel in divisional round). JUst read some stats pats are 59-1 when running for 100yd+. gimme some big gronk over Kelce any day.

also, i said no offense has a huge edge over a Brady offense. Brady eventually figures out the defenses (outside of a few bad games). Even if the chess pieces are lesser weapons, Brady makes up for that and we know the offense is capable.

How often do we have to go through this ? Thats not what happened.
We will be going through this forever because people just don’t want to learn

That is a myth about arrowhead.

Here are some facts.
I arbitrarily chose 15 years.
The chiefs are 18th best home win % over that timeframe yet 16th best road win % meaning they have a less than average HFA.

Just to eliminated bias I did the last 10 years.
They are 9th best on the road (.494 win %) and 15th best at home (.583)

So again the chiefs advantage for being at hone instead of on the road is among the lower in the league.

Arrowhead is a tough place to play is a myth other than the fact that the chiefs have, overall been an above average team so they win have a winning record at home. But compared to the league average they are more successful on the road than at home.

If we limit it to the Reid years they have the 3rd best win % at home and the 2nd best on the road so again, they have been a good team but do not have an above average advantage at home.

Fascinating but your point gets watered down with a hose cuz mediocre teams draw less fans and enthusiasm at home stadiums...

Trying to minimize home field advantage in playoffs is a sketchy position.

People are overrating the Chiefs. 2013 Denver was a very good team;probably the best during Mannings tenure. The Pats were lucky to beat them the first time at home after being down big early. 2015 Denver wasn't as good but their D was super elite. The Chiefs offense is definitely not world beaters and the Pats lead against them most of the game in their win at home this season.

I thought the Pats didn’t have a realistic shot vs the Broncos. They do today. This will be the best team the Chiefs have played all season. If anyone is beating them before the SB it is this one. Last year’s Pats lose big today. This year’s Pats with this run game and secondary have a more than decent shot at the upset.

Fascinating but your point gets watered down with a hose cuz mediocre teams draw less fans and enthusiasm at home stadiums...

Trying to minimize home field advantage in playoffs is a sketchy position.
Huh?
How is my point watered down by that?

Do you understand my point?

The chiefs rank 16th in road win%. A hair above average.
They rank 18th in home win %. That is below average.

Your argument is that arrowhead has a massive HFA because an average team has below average results at home and that’s itrekevant because other teams don’t draw fans???????

I’m not “trying” to do anything. I am showing, with FACTS that the chiefs have had a below average impact from being at home vs on the road. It’s a fact not a sketchy position. A readers ignorance and inability to understand a fact does not make it sketchy.

Huh?
How is my point watered down by that?

Do you understand my point?

The chiefs rank 16th in road win%. A hair above average.
They rank 18th in home win %. That is below average.

Your argument is that arrowhead has a massive HFA because an average team has below average results at home and that’s itrekevant because other teams don’t draw fans???????

I’m not “trying” to do anything. I am showing, with FACTS that the chiefs have had a below average impact from being at home vs on the road. It’s a fact not a sketchy position. A readers ignorance and inability to understand a fact does not make it sketchy.

Your point is based on stats from mediocre games and mediocre teams in regular season. In other words. Sketchy.
Home field in playoffs different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back