PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 Mock Draft Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally I would just update the OP but since that can only be done by a mod there needs to be an updated list posted once in awhile. I try to keep it to one per page, but broadwayjoe prefers to update it as often as possible.

Thanks for the headsup on the transactions. Do we know if compensatory picks have been awarded yet?

Ideally I would just update the OP but since that can only be done by a mod there needs to be an updated list posted once in awhile. I try to keep it to one per page, but broadwayjoe prefers to update it as often as possible.

Thanks for the headsup on the transactions. Do we know if compensatory picks have been awarded yet?

Comp picks come out this weekend I think with the Owners meetings. We shouldn't be at the end of the third round by then.

It also depends on how you have your forum settings set up. I have 40 posts per page set so the list is showing up 6-7 times per page for me which just seemed like a lot.

While David is not a perfect fit for every team, I was shocked to see him still available for the Bears at pick 50. He is one of the better players in the draft, just a bit small. I think in the Bears tampa 2 he could be big time for them.

Loving the Pats draft so far from the forum. While I'm not a big fan of Barron for the pats (coverage skills) he will still be a great safety and will be a big upgrade to that bad unit.

Still shores up the 3-4 front and we end up solid over there with Still-Wilfork-Deaderick with Fanene, Love, and Pryor as subs. (Carter too if he comes back)

McClellin is my OLB binky, big fan of him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
If the draft went this way there would be no noticeable holes on defense, aside from maybe McClellin having to start day 1 over a stiff like Cunningham.

Ok my pick is in.

Pretty happy with how Cincy's Draft has gone so far they had needs at OG and CB but also arguable DeCastro and Jenkins were BPA.

I though hard about the 2nd rounder and although they have Gresham as one TE the pats have shown having 2 TE's can be great for the QB, running game and create room for outside receivers.

Once again i thought Allen was pretty solid value there in the 2nd and could possibly leave them with one of the best TE duos in the league (pats excepted).

Ok my pick is in.

Pretty happy with how Cincy's Draft has gone so far they had needs at OG and CB but also arguable DeCastro and Jenkins were BPA.

I though hard about the 2nd rounder and although they have Gresham as one TE the pats have shown having 2 TE's can be great for the QB, running game and create room for outside receivers.

Once again i thought Allen was pretty solid value there in the 2nd and could possibly leave them with one of the best TE duos in the league (pats excepted).

Really solid job, not to mention they are in the best shape cap wise in the league, the organization is moving forward, nice draft though thus far kudos.

I'm liking the Titans draft. With the signing of Wimbley and the addition of Mercilius, the Titans have a very strong set of pass rushers who will push Derrick Morgan to improve of be cut from the team..

In Martin, the Titans get a bowling ball type runner who can spell Chris Johnson better than Javon Ringer ever has..

And there are still plenty of good players available for the third round..

I'm liking the Titans draft. With the signing of Wimbley and the addition of Mercilius, the Titans have a very strong set of pass rushers who will push Derrick Morgan to improve of be cut from the team..

In Martin, the Titans get a bowling ball type runner who can spell Chris Johnson better than Javon Ringer ever has..

And there are still plenty of good players available for the third round..

yeah most of my planning was for the 1st 2 rounds... need to have a better look in the 3rd now... go the boom or bust.

The Steelers needed a NT and a G, but I haven't liked the value at the position so far. Poe went too high and so did Alameda Ta'mau. The top 5 guards flew off the board before #56 too.

That left me with Dont'a Hightower at #24 and Alfonzo Dennard at #56.

The Steelers needed a NT and a G, but I haven't liked the value at the position so far. Poe went too high and so did Alameda Ta'mau. The top 5 guards flew off the board before #56 too.

That left me with Dont'a Hightower at #24 and Alfonzo Dennard at #56.

I found last year that some positions will get overdrafted based off of a perception of need. When in reality Skill Positions are what teams generally go for in the 1st and 2nd round. This is a good year for WR and CB so I expect a bunch to go in Round 2.

Glenn and Silatolu will be listed at OT's during the official draft whether we think that's where they will play or not and I think Glenn will have a shot at sticking there.

WR or ILB for the Texans makes sense here.

I like Mychal Kendricks LB California as an ILB for them. His size shouldn't hurt him because the Houston style of D makes use of undersized players already.

Sounds good to me

I'd go guard as their biggest need followed by nose tackle, but there isn't much available at either IMO, so I'd vote Brain Quick.

Already made Kendricks the selection, as we have to move forward with the draft.

sorry if the last post on the selections thread looks wacky, but here is the updated list:

ROUND ONE
# Team GM Deadline
1 Indianapolis - Andrew Luck QB Stanford
2 Washington - Robert Griffin III QB Baylor
3 Minnesota - Matt Kalil OT USC
4 Cleveland - Morris Claiborne CB LSU
5 Tampa Bay - Trent Richardson RB Alabama
6 St. Louis - Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State
7 Jacksonville - Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina
8 Miami - Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
9 Carolina - Dontari Poe DT Memphis
10 Buffalo - Jonathan Martin OT Stanford
11 Kansas City - Riley Reiff OT Iowa
12 Seattle - Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
13 Arizona - Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
14 Dallas - Luke Kuechly LB Boston College
15 Philadelphia - Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama
16 New York Jets - Michael Brockers DE/DT LSU
17 Cincinnati - David DeCastro OG Stanford
18 San Diego - Dre' Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
19 Chicago - Cordy Glenn OG Georgia
20 Tennessee - Whitney Mercilius DE Illinois
21 Cincinnati - Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
22 Cleveland - Kendall Wright WR Baylor
23 Detroit - Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
24 Pittsburgh - Donta Hightower ILB Alabama
25 Denver - Coby Fleener TE Stanford
26 Houston - Fletcher Cox DE/DT Mississippi State
27 New England - Mark Barron S Alabama
28 Green Bay - Peter Konz C/OG Wisconsin
29 Baltimore - Nick Perry DE/OLB USC
30 San Francisco - David Wilson RB Virginia Tech
31 New England - Devon Still DT Penn State
32 New York Giants - Zach Brown LB North Carolina

ROUND TWO
# Team GM Deadline
33 St. Louis - Mike Adams OT Ohio State
34 Indianapolis - Rueben Randall WR LSU
35 Minnesota - Alshon Jeffrey WR South Carolina
36 Tampa Bay - Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech
37 Cleveland - Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State
38 Jacksonville - Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech
39 St. Louis - Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State
40 Carolina - Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers
41 Buffalo - Kevin Zeiter OG Wisconsin
42 Miami - Harrison Smith S Notre Dame
43 Seattle - Andre Branch DE Clemson
44 Kansas City - Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
45 Dallas - Kendall Reyes DT Connecticut
46 Philadelphia - Lamar Miller RB Miami
47 New York Jets - Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa State
48 New England - Shea McClellin OLB Boise State
49 San Diego - Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State
50 Chicago - Lavonte David OLB Nebraska
51 Philadelphia - Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State
52 Tennessee - Doug Martin RB Boise State
53 Cincinnati - Dwayne Allen TE Clemson
54 Detroit - Amini Silatolu OG Midwestern State
55 Atlanta - Vinny Curry OLB Marshall
56 Pittsburgh - Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
57 Denver - Alameda Ta'amu DT Washington
March 23rd
58 Houston - Mychal Kendicks ILB Cal
59 Green Bay - Sean Spence OLB Miami
60 Baltimore - Bobby Massie OT Mississippi

61 San Francisco (13-3) Patsfan-1982 6pm
62 New England (13-3) PatsFans Forum 8pm
63 New York Giants (9-7) Gator Mike 10pm

Last edited:
I love this draft for the Patriots in combining the large body of work in free agency and look at the round 1 and round 2 haul, I would be absolutely tickled pink. Even though I have no reference to being that previous....

Josh Robinson will go in the top 45 so the Colts are happy to get him to open the 3rd round. He's a speedy CB that has experience in Man to Man coverage.

The Combine star for the defensive backs was Central Florida's Josh Robinson. He ran the fastest in the 40-yard dash with two unofficial times of 4.31 and 4.29. His official time was 4.33. Robinson also had the longest broad jump at 11-1 and his vertical jump of 38.5 was tied for second.

Last edited:
Ben Jones is a horrible pick at this point in the draft and totally ignores the fact that the Pats already have 3 centers on the team.. Great Job. Nothing like following the team...

Josh Robinson will go in the top 45 so the Colts are happy to get him to open the 3rd round. He's a speedy CB that has experience in Man to Man coverage.

Man to Man coverage is not his strong suit. He's a better soft-zone guy. I doubt he'lk go in the top 45 in the NFL. Too many better players than him.

Ben Jones is a horrible pick at this point in the draft and totally ignores the fact that the Pats already have 3 centers on the team.. Great Job. Nothing like following the team...

I don't think he's got the greatest body in the world either. Looks a little like a tub of goo. Better get on a new lifting/training/eating regimen. If Light retires, I would consider a T there. But, I think he's coming back. If Waters retires, then a G. If both come back, we don't have any room for OL. Carry 9. Starters; Light, Mankins, Connolly, Waters and Vollmer. Depth; Solder, Cannon, Gallery and Wendell.

Since I have not heard from the Vikings GM in a while I would like for you to PM your vote on the Vikings selection to me. Here's a few of their Needs: LB,CB,S. I will post the selection in the next 30 minutes.

Previous Selections
1. Matt Kalil OT USC
2. Alshon Jeffrey WR South Carolina

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes