PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 Mock Draft Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're still going with the evening host dj @ 20 Guest Street in Brighton haha

Yeah thats who I'm going with and I tell you this draft is interesting to say the least. I think mostly everyone is making good picks so far.

I went with who I have as the #4 WR in the Draft and that's Rueben Randall.

Hill's speed can only take him so far and Jeffery is someone I wouldn't touch with a 10-ft pole.

Pagano wants to run the ball but no RB is worth the pick here. Randall will have a couple of years to learn from Reggie Wayne. Collie and Blair White (RFA) are in the last years of their deals so a WR is needed for the Future.

Randle quickly ascended as a playmaker in 2010 leading the Tigers with a 16.5 yard per catch average. He enjoyed a bit of a breakout performance against Alabama catching three passes for 125 yards and a touchdown but due to LSU's focus on the running game his season totals (33 catches for 544 yards and three touchdowns) weren't eye-popping despite the fact that he was LSU's second-leading receiver.

With SEC defenses sucked in close to the line of scrimmage to defend an LSU rushing attack that averaged 202.5 yards a game on the ground, Randle took his game to another level in 2011. He earned All-SEC accolades in catching 50 passes for 908 yards and eight touchdowns, averaging a gaudy 18.1 yards per reception. He showed improved concentration as a route-runner and receiver and developed into a more reliable blocker, as well.

Considering that he stood out immediately in the SEC, improved each year while at LSU and enters the draft just three years removed from high school, there should be plenty of interest in Randle as early as the bottom half of the first round.

Last edited:
Here are a few of the Vikings needs. CB, WR, DT. Send me a PM and I will post the winner at about 6:15 pm EST. So we can get the draft moving again I know some GM's are ready to make their selections.

Looks like we have a couple of teams available. Minnesota and the New York Giants. I just hope VJCPatriot is ok its not like him to miss a pick. If anyone is interested in being the GM for these teams just let me know and read over the rules before you ask to participate. I also hope Gator Mike is ok as well.

Last edited:
I would be interested to see what people thought about my selections for the Browns.

Claiborn-gives them one of the better corner tandems in the game

Kendell Wright
Kirk Cousins I thought these 2 together could make a nice tandem similar to what the Bengals did last year.

Thoughts?

I would be interested to see what people thought about my selections for the Browns.

Claiborn-gives them one of the better corner tandems in the game

Kendell Wright
Kirk Cousins I thought these 2 together could make a nice tandem similar to what the Bengals did last year.

Thoughts?

I loved the pick, in a passing league having 2 terrific corners who at least for about 3-4 years won't garner big contracts is an interesting luxury to have.

The problem with the browns will always be that they have just nothing on offense, their defense performed admirably last year from what i recall.

Loved the wright pick but probably would have gone Andre Branch.

Would have been interesting if you went all out in the 2ndary and went Claiborn, Barron then got your WR with either Hill/Sanu/Jeffery in the 2nd round.

Looks like we have a couple of teams available. Minnesota and the New York Giants. I just hope VJCPatriot is ok its not like him to miss a pick. If anyone is interested in being the GM for these teams just let me know and read over the rules before you ask to participate. I also hope Gator Mike is ok as well.
I'm OK. Timing was just bad as my mom had surgery today.

Promise next time I'll remember to PM my picks ahead of time.

I'm OK. Timing was just bad as my mom had surgery today.

Promise next time I'll remember to PM my picks ahead of time.

I can understand that glad you are ok. Hope your mom is doing fine also. I guess we will have to vote on Minnesota unless VJCPatriot or someone comes forward to be the GM for them. Look forward to see who you will select for the Giants this round.

Last edited:
Per Scheffter the Saints have had their 2nd round pick taken away from them so eagle eye will have to wait til round 3 to make a selection. :bricks:

The draft isn't going well for the Dolphins. I wanted to take a QB or WR with this pick, but they all seemed to be drafted earlier then expected. My 3rd choice was OL, but with most of the tackles gone Kevin Zeitler would have been the pick. There were some good DL available, but I already took Couples in the first round I went down to safety which became a bigger need with the release of Bell.

With today's news. Losing Mark Anderson. Might take 2 olb's in the 2nd round. Maybe Branch or Curry falls to 48. And, a guy like McClellin who can backup Ninko and play inside at 62. Moved up a spot with Saints forfeiting pick.

Per Scheffter the Saints have had their 2nd round pick taken away from them so eagle eye will have to wait til round 3 to make a selection. :bricks:

Just as well, I may be looking for a QB at that stage after all thats happened today.:D

With today's news. Losing Mark Anderson. Might take 2 olb's in the 2nd round. Maybe Branch or Curry falls to 48. And, a guy like McClellin who can backup Ninko and play inside at 62. Moved up a spot with Saints forfeiting pick.

Mark Anderson isn't a OLB tho

Mark Anderson isn't a OLB tho

That's where he played after Andre Carter got hurt in the Denver regular season game and we went to the 3-4.

My favorite thing about this exercise is that the draft is so unpredictable and I always end up scrambling to figure out what to do. It is interesting with the Eagles because I lost on on Keuchly but then they trade for D Ryans the next day so I am stoked about the C Upshaw pick and now we have two second rounders coming up in the next six picks or so.

My favorite thing about this exercise is that the draft is so unpredictable and I always end up scrambling to figure out what to do. It is interesting with the Eagles because I lost on on Keuchly but then they trade for D Ryans the next day so I am stoked about the C Upshaw pick and now we have two second rounders coming up in the next six picks or so.

I think Upshaw would make a good SLB for the Eagles that could also play DE if they went to some non-wide 9 formations.

The general talent level on the Eagles is pretty crazy. All that dream team bs aside it is an intriguing roster in my opinion.

Not that I don't think Broadwayjoe and Bakes781 aren't doing a fantastic job of running this but is there a reason we are posting the master list of drafted players so often?

Almost 20% of the Posts in the selection thread are the master list. 13 of 64.

I think we started off fine with 10 Picks between the OP and the next list. Since then though it's been repeated about every 3 picks on average. (3,6,0,5,2,3,1,2,7,1,4,3)

I think every 10 picks or so would be fine. When we get to NE's picks you also don't have to post the list in the selection thread because you are also posting it in the thread for people to vote on the pick.

I would also suggest creating a Round by Round Thread so you don't have to keep including the 1st and previous rounds every time you post the Master list.

Last edited:
Updates for later. The Broncos now have the Jets 4th round pick and swapped 6th-7th rounders.

The Colts and Eagles swapped 6th rounders for OT Winston Justice last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes