PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1986 Pats at Dolphins MNF on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost thought you posted the 85 @ Dolphins game where Eason threw the game sealing pick. Went to school pissed off the next morning after staying up past midnight for that game.
I came across that week 15 game. Decided not to post for said reason.

Regards,
Chris
Our chance to be pissed off all over, again.

Some funny commercials. Some big Pats plays. And, we got the last laugh a month later.

Some funny commercials. Some big Pats plays. And, we got the last laugh a month later.

APF, whyyyyyyyyyy?

Regards,
Chris

I remember watching this getting drunker and drunker and getting really pissed. The win the following week against the Bengals was sweet.

APF, whyyyyyyyyyy?

Regards,
Chris
tenor.gif
200.gif
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

4bef833d507c6a4b9addccdc43771391.gif
1482729647313.gif
tenor.gif

So, this was an awesome win at the Kingdome before Steve got hurt.

Me, when the ball was batted in the air before Fred Marion picked it off and ran:

"BATTED!!!...INTERCEPT INTERCEPT INTERCEPT..."

...I yelled a lot at the TV in those days

Anyway, here's the playoff clincher

Finally a copy of this game that includes the Bengals watching on TV in disappointment as the Pats end their playoff hopes while winning the AFCE. After losing 18 straight in Miami, this was their 2nd consecutive win there after breaking the streak in the AFCCG the year prior.

Regards,
Chris

Great find! One of my favorite regular season games ever. I remember watching it in the basement with my dad when I was 13.

Just got done watching. Good lord, he could of thrown 8 or 9 picks in that game. 4 picks and still almost won.

Anyway, thanks for posting the 85 version as well. You have to absorb the good with the bad to be able to fully appreciate the success they’ve had. And there was a lot of bad at times.

That defense was beStly--they had a rough year in 1986 because of injuries, but Garin Veris, Toby and Lester Williams, Nelson, Rembert, McGrew, Tippett, Clayborn, Lippett, Roland James and Marion.

There was no weakness on D. And you had 2 All-Pros in Tippett and Clayborn, with Rembert having at least one season when he was the best player on D before injuries killed his career.

The first TD to Morgan showed what a tremendous WR he was--he deserves to be in the HoF. To this day, he's the Patriots best wide receiver ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes