1986 Pats at Dolphins MNF on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_in_sunnyvale

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

Finally a copy of this game that includes the Bengals watching on TV in disappointment as the Pats end their playoff hopes while winning the AFCE. After losing 18 straight in Miami, this was their 2nd consecutive win there after breaking the streak in the AFCCG the year prior.

Regards,
Chris

Good find.
Will watch later.

Tony Franklin not missing a sneaker.
He kicked liked that.
It used to be a thing.

I get a jolly seeing them hype Shula's SB appearances without giving his record in them

Reggie Dupard(RD1 #26)eek !

Eason holding for Tony.

Grogan coming in at the 49 minute mark.
Will watch the rest later.

Last edited:
He kicked liked that.
It used to be a thing.

I get a jolly seeing them hype Shula's SB appearances without giving his record in them

Eason holding for Tony.

The funny rating is for the video. I remember the shoeless era but had never thought about where it had ended until now.

Finally a copy of this game that includes the Bengals watching on TV in disappointment as the Pats end their playoff hopes while winning the AFCE. After losing 18 straight in Miami, this was their 2nd consecutive win there after breaking the streak in the AFCCG the year prior.

Regards,
Chris

Thanks Chris. That was a perfect Saturday morning watch.

He kicked liked that.
It used to be a thing.

Eason holding for Tony.

I just watched this barefoot kicker video the other day. In hindsight it's funny how that was a thing.

Regards,
Chris

Almost thought you posted the 85 @ Dolphins game where Eason threw the game sealing pick. Went to work pissed off the next morning after staying up past midnight for that game.
I came across that week 15 game. Decided not to post for said reason.

Regards,
Chris

one of my more memorable watched games of the pats...it's when i started calling esiason "baby boomer". now i like the guy. crazy how life changes you.

Then there's Chris Collinsworth, who's still an insufferable, pompous prick.
For me, indeed, he is unlistenable, but in his defense, the entire nation immediately jumped back aboard the Patriots Hate Train the very microsecond that "cheating" was falsely alleged again.

The stupid theory of the networks has always been that the majority of viewers know and care next to nothing about the contest being played.

So, instead of giving them the chance to be educated, like in the Olympics, the national broadcast assumes their audience is stupid, and proceeds to add to their ignorance.

1986 was a good year.
That Rams Hail Mary.
The Jets collapsed after going 10-1 to fall to 10-6.
We won 7 straight and end up winning the AFCE at 11-5.
Those 2 losses to Denver hurt...made me develop a hate for the Broncos and Elway. I’m still getting mileage out of that.

Almost thought you posted the 85 @ Dolphins game where Eason threw the game sealing pick. Went to school pissed off the next morning after staying up past midnight for that game.
Tony Eason was a very good college quarterback who was drafted in the first round and anointed the starter.

Like Bledsoe, he's a good guy and a good Patriot.

But his pro career is utterly mediocre and he is vastly inferior to Steve Grogan and Doug Flutie.

Eason had a good talent and i was his fan

I started with Eason and Grogan my "long adventure"

I consider them in the top 5 ever in my Pats history qb

1986 was a good year.
That Rams Hail Mary.
The Jets collapsed after going 10-1 to fall to 10-6.
We won 7 straight and end up winning the AFCE at 11-5.
Those 2 losses to Denver hurt...made me develop a hate for the Broncos and Elway. I’m still getting mileage out of that.

Yep, think it was Rulon Jones that came in for that safety. Actually had a chance to take the lead until that debacle happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes