PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

19-0 . . . Are They Going for It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure one could tell if they are really going for it until they are playing the last two games, first seed secured, 14-0, and still playing certain starters that clearly need the rest.

Final week of the regular season is Dolphins in Foxborough. That could be one emotionally uninterested and depleted team by then.
I think the only CHief loss this year will be the Pats, which means the Pats need to be 15-1 for HFA. It also means we need to get to 15-0 to clinch HFA. At 15-0 we will just go ahead and win the last game. No way the would not.

If they can pull our those Two Road Games before and after the Bye-week @ Baltimore and @ Philly I will believe.

....going for 3-0.
hqdefault.jpg

"And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Season Schedule. Then, shalt thou count to three-and-oh, no more, no less. Three-and-oh shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three-and-oh. Four-and-oh shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two-and-oh, excepting that thou then proceed to three-and-oh. Five-and-oh is right out! Once the number three-and-oh, being the third number, be reached, then sayeth thou ‘on to thy Bills of Buffalo’, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'"

I’ll say this. If all teams can do is score 3 points a game. We will be 19-0

It's obviously way too early, but as fans on a message forum who cares? I would say they have a shot at 19-0 IF and only if the defense is LOCK DOWN. I just think that would be the ticket. If they can smother and suffocate opponents and hold them to very little than we will probably have a strong shot......but man its so hard. I just think back to 07 and that team was a juggernaut, more offensively than defensive....but we had a bunch of nailbiters down the stretch and we all know how the superbowl went.

I obviously would love #7 first and foremost....19-0 and #7 would be the crown jewel on a stunning and unprecedented run and would vault Brady to the most accomplished athlete of the major sports in history. (Sorry Bill Russel of the 60s NBA but its true).

That said I've been in gavy mode since #4 and if this is where it ends this is where it ends. So blessed to have witnessed this ridiculous run.

Teams won’t be able to run or pass but they can punt a lot

Okay, so this won't be the typical 19-0 thread. I'm listening to 98.5 and they're suggesting that the Pats are going after it. They say that it's the reason we went and signed AB after all. What do you all believe? I'm not asking if you want it or think it'll happen. I'm asking do you all believe the Pats want it and are going for it? Discuss
15-1, KC pre xmas coal in stocking. And certainly wouldn't brag about this schedule, LOL.

It's obviously way too early, but as fans on a message forum who cares? I would say they have a shot at 19-0 IF and only if the defense is LOCK DOWN. I just think that would be the ticket. If they can smother and suffocate opponents and hold them to very little than we will probably have a strong shot......but man its so hard. I just think back to 07 and that team was a juggernaut, more offensively than defensive....but we had a bunch of nailbiters down the stretch and we all know how the superbowl went.

I obviously would love #7 first and foremost....19-0 and #7 would be the crown jewel on a stunning and unprecedented run and would vault Brady to the most accomplished athlete of the major sports in history. (Sorry Bill Russel of the 60s NBA but its true).

That said I've been in gavy mode since #4 and if this is where it ends this is where it ends. So blessed to have witnessed this ridiculous run.
They likely need to go at least 15-1 to get HFA , so I think the point is the Pats won't have a choice but to go 15-1, or 14-2, possibly even 16-0 to get HFA.

Pats and CHiefs might be 12-0 each when they play each other.

Remember 2004. If not for the stupid Miami loss we would have been only TWO seed at 15-1. This is going to be that kind of year. Both the Pats and the Chiefs will be pushing each other to have zero trap weeks. 16-0 is not just possible, but it may be neccessary to get HFA over the 15-1 CHiefs.

So it could happen just out of necessity

Okay, so this won't be the typical 19-0 thread. I'm listening to 98.5 and they're suggesting that the Pats are going after it. They say that it's the reason we went and signed AB after all. What do you all believe? I'm not asking if you want it or think it'll happen. I'm asking do you all believe the Pats want it and are going for it? Discuss

As opposed to what? Most teams not tanking the season for draft position are trying to win every single game and go 19-0.

What are you saying, that in other years the Pats didn’t try to do everything they could to win every game and go 19-0? They could have traded for or signed a superstar on the caliber of AB and just decided not to because they preferred not going 19-0?

The Pat's will attempt to win every game. What I don't think BB will ever do again is expend every resource in an attempt to go undefeated in the regular season.

If they're well ahead come October with a first round bye, Bill won't push injured players to play, he won't fight tooth and nail for perfection, he'll rest veteran players.

This was the lessson learned in 2007. If they're completely (relatively) healthy come October they could do it by default, this team is that deep and talented.

As opposed to what? Most teams not tanking the season for draft position are trying to win every single game and go 19-0.

What are you saying, that in other years the Pats didn’t try to do everything they could to win every game and go 19-0? They could have traded for or signed a superstar on the caliber of AB and just decided not to because they preferred not going 19-0?
Not every team has a legit team/chance to do it. We do. And I posed the question because of the discussion on 98.5, which is the part that somehow keeps getting missed. I love how people are really trying to make it seem like asking this question about the Patriots is the same as asking it about the Jets. Laughable.

15-1, KC pre xmas coal in stocking. And certainly wouldn't brag about this schedule, LOL.
I hear you, but you can only play the teams in front of you. There were people trying to diminish our 2016 season saying we played sorry teams and few real QB's.

Once AB is placed on the exempt list, this talk will die down real quick. If we lose AB and KC adds Ramsey, things will really spicy.

If they can pull our those Two Road Games before and after the Bye-week @ Baltimore and @ Philly I will believe.

I no longer fear Philly as much as I did over the summer. They have a great team but Wentz is just an above average QB. They probably should have kept Foles.

I no longer fear Philly as much as I did over the summer. They have a great team but Wentz is just an above average QB. They probably should have kept Foles.

That's what I would have done felt Foles was the better fit. That said Wentz is still young and not yet in his prime. Should be a good match-up either way.

Plus their secondary is ass.

Once AB is placed on the exempt list, this talk will die down real quick. If we lose AB and KC adds Ramsey, things will really spicy.
as I have mentioned a couple times, I think staying with the CHiefs will be the catalyst to 16-0. We will need 15-1 (with a win against the Chiefs) to get HFA. I think they Chiefs have one loss (us) on the schedule.

as I have mentioned a couple times, I think staying with the CHiefs will be the catalyst to 16-0. We will need 15-1 (with a win against the Chiefs) to get HFA. I think they Chiefs have one loss (us) on the schedule.
I think the Chiefs lose 3 games. They will have 1 off game on offense and then lose another one because their defense allows 40. 13-2 it is and then the Patriots game likely decides HFA

I think the Chiefs lose 3 games. They will have 1 off game on offense and then lose another one because their defense allows 40. 13-2 it is and then the Patriots game likely decides HFA
If the Chiefs lose 3, we won't even need the head to head win for HFA. But I do think we will win that game too.

If the Chiefs lose 3, we won't even need the head to head win for HFA. But I do think we will win that game too.
well I expect us to win 13 or 14, probably 13. Especially with the question marks surrounding OL and Brown/Gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News