PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

19-0 . . . Are They Going for It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not every team has a legit team/chance to do it. We do. And I posed the question because of the discussion on 98.5, which is the part that somehow keeps getting missed. I love how people are really trying to make it seem like asking this question about the Patriots is the same as asking it about the Jets. Laughable.

Ok, so let’s stick to the Pats then. Which season did Belichick hold off on making the best moves he could to put the Pats in position to win every game? You think if any of those other Pats teams were transplanted to this year, Belichick would have sat there with AB on the market and thought, “well I’m not signing AB, we don’t have a shot at going 19-0?”

I think you're mis-remembering the Jags game. They completely demolished them and were very good, especially offensively. They even pulled out the Statue of Liberty play near the goal line on one of the drives. They did, however, struggle against the Chargers.

That game was competitive in the first half; wouldn’t say demolish.

Second half, your defense locked down and held us to field goals. You don’t trade field goals with the Pats. Just doesn’t work that way.

"Welcome to Super Bowl 54 between the 18-0 Patriots and the unexpected New York Giants. Rookie Daniel Jones turned the Giants season around and pulled out some nailbiters in the playoffs, but the knee injury he suffered in practice this week sends him to the bench and in steps New England's old foe, Eli Manning."

Regards,
Chris

That game was competitive in the first half; wouldn’t say demolish.

Second half, your defense locked down and held us to field goals. You don’t trade field goals with the Pats. Just doesn’t work that way.
Thanks, Samus. And welcome to the board. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST