PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

19-0 . . . Are They Going for It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brady hadn’t badly injured his ankle in the AFCCG and Neal hadn’t gone down in the SB, NE wins that game. Not to mention the time taken away to deal with the “taping walkthroughs” crap.

Spare me psychologizing about how supposedly losing a game would make them adjust more easily.

"If" this and "if' that is a silly game that's usually the province of lesser minds than yours.

Even if you think they have a 90% chance to win each game, that means they only have a 16% chance of going undefeated. I'm not putting any money down on it even if the odds are 10-1 (laughably low IMO).

We've started very well, which is unusual, the Defence looks one of the best we've had since the early dynasty. Offense looks very solid and is able to morph itself to win, Brady looks healthy again as well. My biggest concern is the OL. IF we can stay healthy we have a chance but i don't think i could take it personally with the nerves.

Plus the focus is always on the next game. Bring on the JETES

Doesn’t feel right talking about it this early. If their goal is to focus on the next one then you’d have to believe their goal has been 19-0 for years.

For those few of you that are too young to remember 07 I’ll just say as a fan it was stressful af. Permanent scar left in the aftermath. Can’t imagine what the coaches and players feel?

Comments:

a.) "You play to win the game" - Herman Edwards (who pulled off a big upset this weekend and has the Sun Devils 3-0, BTW)

b.) Rex Ryan's time out was the difference between 15-1 and 16-0...maybe even 14-2 as I think the Pats would have mailed in the season finale vs. the Giants if they weren't 15-0.

c.) Enough quoting ex-Jet coaches for today. We're onto the Jets!

Other than the next Lombardy the Patriots have 2 things left to accomplish.

(1) Most consecutive SB appearances.
(2) 16-0

They have a chance for both this year.

You may want to read your original post...

Then re-read mine...

Then ask IAN to delete the thread because, OF COURSE they are going for 19-0.

This. 100% this!

Right now we're going for 3-0. We'll see after that

Assuming we stay healthy, I see legitimately 3 competitive games left on the schedule-
@Ravens
Cowboys
Chiefs
I think we can figure out L Jackson by week 9 and we usually win at home.

19-0 is very possible.

(2) 16-0

They already went 16-0

(2) 16-0

Tell me about it. No team has ever never gone 16-0 before...

Assuming we stay healthy, I see legitimately 3 competitive games left on the schedule-
@Ravens
Cowboys
Chiefs
I think we can figure out L Jackson by week 9 and we usually win at home.

19-0 is very possible.
@Houston @Philly @Buffalo and vsCleveland aren't pushovers either

Do I think they’ll try to win every game they play? Yeah.

I think the Pats and Chiefs might be 12-0 when they face each other. (I think its 12. It might 13-0, twertn too sure)

Let's pump the brakes until they have two starting quality tackles
The crazy thing this year is the Pats may NEED to go 16-0 to get HFA. I think if we don't go 16-0 the Chiefs will. Also, if we beat the CHiefs and that is there only loss at that time, the Chiefs are going to keep winning probably... which means we would have to get to 15-0 to clinch One Seed...

If we get to 15-0 of course we would go for the last one. The scary thing is it might be neccessary. Obviously a lot can change but that is not entirely impossible scenario.

Heck in 2004 if we had not coughed up the Miami game and went 15-1 it would have been still seed two with the lost tie breaker to the Steelers. Something close to that level could happen this year. Which makes the question of whether they are "going for it" a moot point.

What they are going for is HFA, which incredibly may require 16-0.

I'm not sure one could tell if they are really going for it until they are playing the last two games, first seed secured, 14-0, and still playing certain starters that clearly need the rest.

Final week of the regular season is Dolphins in Foxborough. That could be one emotionally uninterested and depleted team by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back