PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

18 Game season?

MahomestoKelce

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Personally, I am not for an 18 game season. It is already too long with each team playing 17 games. The Super Bowl is already being played too far into February.

Would you be open to each team getting two byes during an 18 game season?

This means the season would be 19 weeks overall. Super Bowl would be played approximately 24 weeks after week one.

16 games and 6 playoff teams each conference was perfect. But I have no doubt we're getting an 18 game season (and eventually more) and another playoff team sooner or later. If the NFL has a chance to make more money they'll do it.

the regular season start date also seems to keep creeping further back into September which needs to stop.

16 games and 6 playoff teams each conference was perfect. But I have no doubt we're getting an 18 game season (and eventually more) and another playoff team sooner or later. If the NFL has a chance to make more money they'll do it.

the regular season start date also seems to keep creeping further back into September which needs to stop.
Retweet. 16 > 17

I just want Super Bowl Sunday to be presidents day weekend.

I was against going to 17 but now I want 18 just for the symmetry lol.

I think cutting preseason to 2 games and adding a bye would make it ok. Plus love one 2 more weeks of real football.

I do sort of agree with this. The odd number of games is weird. Might as well make it an even number.

I believe the NFL did 2 byes in 93 but not sure why it didn't stay that way.

Great, teams will be fielding High School QBs by week 19 (including bye week)

Personally, I am not for an 18 game season. It is already too long with each team playing 17 games. The Super Bowl is already being played too far into February.

Would you be open to each team getting two byes during an 18 game season?

This means the season would be 19 weeks overall. Super Bowl would be played approximately 24 weeks after week one.
The ONLY reason i could see an 18 game season is for symmetry. i was against the 17 game schedual so im against an 18 gamer. What we get is preseason quality foot ball in the regular season.

I think it has always begun immediately after Labor Day, hasn't it? Since they started the Thursday openers,that game's been 3 days after Labor Day.

I think it has always begun immediately after Labor Day, hasn't it? Since they started the Thursday openers,that game's been 3 days after Labor Day.
you're probably right and I'm just remembering wrong.

I think cutting preseason to 2 games and adding a bye would make it ok. Plus love one 2 more weeks of real football.
I'm still waiting for real football

18 game seasons and a 16 team playoff field are coming. This isn't a secret. And it'll suck and further dillute what makes this sport great.

18 game seasons and a 16 team playoff field are coming. This isn't a secret. And it'll suck and further dillute what makes this sport great.
It could be fun if they increased the active roster and players on PS. At this rate looks like you need 4 QBs per team and similarly more backups for CB and tackles . Can't be having OTs pulled from PS of other teams towards the flag end. Dilutes the competition.

This is where I am at too. 16>18>17

Symmetry damn it!!! That and more BYE weeks and less preseason BS.

I agree with others that it was perfect before with 16 games and 12 playoff teams with 4 getting a bye.

It was dumb to add games with injuries being such a factor. They could have added an additional bye week and increased revenue with another week of nationally televised games while giving the players more rest.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back