Ahmad 'Sauce' Gardner, CB, Cincinnati
8) Atlanta Falcons :
Jermaine Johnson, DE/EDGE, Florida State
9) Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos):
Derek Stingley, CB, LSU
10) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks) :
Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State
11) Washington Commanders :
Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama-Rivera was hiding in the weeds on this pick.
12) Minnesota Vikings :
George Karlaftis, DE/EDGE, Purdue
13) Houston Texans (from Cleveland Browns):
Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia
14) Baltimore Ravens:
Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
15) Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins):
Drake London, WR, USC
16) New Orleans Saints (from Indianapolis Colts through Philadelphia Eagles):
Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State
17) Los Angeles Chargers: DeVonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia
18) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans Saints) :
DeMarvin Leal, DT, Texas A&M. Eagles need D Line help.
19) New Orleans Saints (from Philadelphia Eagles):
Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh. Best of the worst I'd say.
20) Pittsburgh Steelers :
Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington

21) TRADE-Detroit from New England Patriots : Malik Willis, QB, Liberty-- N.E. gets #32,#34/Detroit gets #21 also gets #54
22) Green Bay Packers (from Las Vegas Raiders) :
Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State. Really? A G.B. WR in round 1?
23) Arizona Cardinals :
Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M
24) Dallas Cowboys : Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas. Jones alma mater dear!
25) Buffalo Bills :
Travis Jones, DT, Connecticut
26) Tennessee Titans:
Devin Lloyd, ILB, Utah
27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State
28) Green Bay Packers : Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson
29) Kansas City Chiefs (from San Francisco 49ers through Miami Dolphins) : Daxton Hill, CB/S, Michigan
30) Kansas City Chiefs : Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan-Reach? I see All Pro with Mahomes. 31) Cincinnati Bengals :
Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida
32) TRADE-Carolina from New England via Detroit Lions (from Los Angeles Rams)
Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati :pats get CB Jaycee Horn/Carolina Panthers get pick #32, WR N’Keal Harry, CB JoJuan Williams also 6th Round pick #210. Panthers need bodies. Horn is damaged but recovered. Gamble for N.E. true. Change of scenery for Harry and Williams who were high picks. Panthers could use Williams at Safety. The Panthers don’t waste a ”blue chip” top ten pick for a QB from this weak 2022 class. Panthers still retain 5th year 1st Round status at #32. Remember Carolina does well with big bodied WR.

Clemson CB Andrew Booth is available at 21 and we trade down? not sure i like that one cousin

ROUND 1

1) Jacksonville Jaguars: Aiden Hutchinson, DE/EDGE, Michigan
2) Detroit Lions : Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE/EDGE, Oregon
3) Houston Texans: Ikem Ekwonu, OT, N.C. State
4) New York Jets :
Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame
5) New York Giants :
Evan Neal, OT/G, Alabama
6) Carolina Panthers: Travon Walker, DE/EDGE, Georgia
7) New York Giants (from Chicago Bears) :
8) Atlanta Falcons :
Derek Stingley, CB, LSU
12) Minnesota Vikings :
14) Baltimore Ravens:
Drake London, WR, USC

21) TRADE-Detroit from New England Patriots : Malik Willis, QB, Liberty-- N.E. gets #32,#34/Detroit gets #21 also gets #54
23) Arizona Cardinals :
25) Buffalo Bills :
26) Tennessee Titans:
Devin Lloyd, ILB, Utah
29) Kansas City Chiefs (from San Francisco 49ers through Miami Dolphins) : Daxton Hill, CB/S, Michigan
30) Kansas City Chiefs : Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan-Reach? I see All Pro with Mahomes. 31) Cincinnati Bengals :
Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida
Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati :pats get CB Jaycee Horn/Carolina Panthers get pick #32, WR N’Keal Harry, CB JoJuan Williams also 6th Round pick #210. Panthers need bodies. Horn is damaged but recovered. Gamble for N.E. true. Change of scenery for Harry and Williams who were high picks. Panthers could use Williams at Safety. The Panthers don’t waste a ”blue chip” top ten pick for a QB from this weak 2022 class. Panthers still retain 5th year 1st Round status at #32. Remember Carolina does well with big bodied WR.
I’m confused, which admittedly isn’t hard to do. Why does Cincinnati get Jaycee Horn? Also, what did NE get for trading the 32nd pick and all those players to Carolina?

I’m confused, which admittedly isn’t hard to do. Why does Cincinnati get Jaycee Horn? Also, what did NE get for trading the 32nd pick and all those players to Carolina?
NVM. NE gets Jaycee Horn. My bad B. So, we get Jaycee Horn, give up a first rd pick, Williams, Harry and a 6th rounder. No thanks.

Nice mock in terms of some of the team selections. Not psyched on JC Horn. Also not psyched to see Travis Jones in Buffalo. Good exercise to get prepared to watch binkies get poached.

ROUND 1

1) Jacksonville Jaguars: Aiden Hutchinson, DE/EDGE, Michigan
2) Detroit Lions : Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE/EDGE, Oregon
3) Houston Texans: Ikem Ekwonu, OT, N.C. State
4) New York Jets :
Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame
5) New York Giants :
Evan Neal, OT/G, Alabama
6) Carolina Panthers: Travon Walker, DE/EDGE, Georgia
7) New York Giants (from Chicago Bears) :
8) Atlanta Falcons :
Derek Stingley, CB, LSU
12) Minnesota Vikings :
14) Baltimore Ravens:
Drake London, WR, USC

23) Arizona Cardinals :
25) Buffalo Bills :
26) Tennessee Titans:
Devin Lloyd, ILB, Utah
Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida
I don't see the need to give ALL that up for Horn. I still think Williams can have a significant role in this defense. IF the Pats choose to utilize him porperly using his strengths and protecting his weaknesses..

Since the Pats will using more zone coverages this season. Williams could and SHOULD be used as an online man under cover guy on the opposition's too receiver. With help over the top, I see Williams being very successful running undercoverage against this kind of receiver, beating him up at the LOS and using his length and arms to make it very difficult for a QB to fit the ball into a receiver that is being squeezed from underneath with over the top help. Williams COULD also be an asset against bigger, but slower receivers like Mike Williams and Alan Robinson. HE could also me an asset against a receiving type TE like Waller or Kelce,

As a strict boundary CB, Williams isn't fast or quick enough, I get it. But prior to this season he's been first a man without a role because he had Jackson, Gilmore, McCourty and Jones ahead of him. Since then he's without a role and moving between S and CB with no designed position. The Pats drafted him to be the next Richard Sherman. It's time they finally use him like Seattle used him and save his career.

For those reasons I don't want to see the Pats just use him as a throw in in your trade. It's a little unrealistic to give up so much for an injured player at a position that relies so much on his feet..

BTW- I love the trade to get 32 and 34, but I only want to do that if I can wind up with Booth, Elam or McDuffie, PLUS Travis Jones,

So when do we get the first annual DFW Toys Breakfast-a-rama?
1677361_cc433.gif

I don't think Malik Willis gets out of the top 10. Too much potential and plenty of QB hungry teams looking at him like he's gonna be their savior. *shrugs* He just might be, you never know with these young QBs.

If the medicals check out, this would be a huge steal for bb! I like the plan.

Horn would be great in our defense.

Cousin,
Sorry for the confusion. That was for Ridder of Cincy goin to Carolina who tradedown abit They have a 6th and a137th, so trouble Draft wise...plus no QB worth anything hire like below 10 in the first. The Liitle yellow ball covered over Pats
DW Toys

I don't see the need to give ALL that up for Horn. I still think Williams can have a significant role in this defense. IF the Pats choose to utilize him porperly using his strengths and protecting his weaknesses..

Since the Pats will using more zone coverages this season. Williams could and SHOULD be used as an online man under cover guy on the opposition's too receiver. With help over the top, I see Williams being very successful running undercoverage against this kind of receiver, beating him up at the LOS and using his length and arms to make it very difficult for a QB to fit the ball into a receiver that is being squeezed from underneath with over the top help. Williams COULD also be an asset against bigger, but slower receivers like Mike Williams and Alan Robinson. HE could also me an asset against a receiving type TE like Waller or Kelce,

As a strict boundary CB, Williams isn't fast or quick enough, I get it. But prior to this season he's been first a man without a role because he had Jackson, Gilmore, McCourty and Jones ahead of him. Since then he's without a role and moving between S and CB with no designed position. The Pats drafted him to be the next Richard Sherman. It's time they finally use him like Seattle used him and save his career.

For those reasons I don't want to see the Pats just use him as a throw in in your trade. It's a little unrealistic to give up so much for an injured player at a position that relies so much on his feet..

BTW- I love the trade to get 32 and 34, but I only want to do that if I can wind up with Booth, Elam or McDuffie, PLUS Travis Jones,
Very good retort Cousin. What you say makes sense. Love to see Williams make it. But "the only really good trade is if both parties think they are getting screwed."

So even if it's after two AM at the bar, and you have been consuming the evil rum so you invite perhaps the least attractive young lady to go to your place or hers for some "carnal" knowledge or coitus, you have made that deal and after breakfast the next day you move on. Deal is done and your rippa-wraper will never know if she was beautiful or not.
DW Toys

Nice mock in terms of some of the team selections. Not psyched on JC Horn. Also not psyched to see Travis Jones in Buffalo. Good exercise to get prepared to watch binkies get poached.
True,
DW Toys

Reactions: Ian
Sorry Cousin . Did breakfast on another post Saturday

Best,
DW Toys
@Ian - is there some way DW's breakfast posts can be automatically archived to a thread of their own? {J/K) :excited:

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes