PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

11th Annual DW Toys Trade-A-Rama Draft (3 Rounds) Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This comes in three parts. It is for fun and entertainment and not meant to offend. These trades are possible. The Trades meet Draft trade value statistic. The CAP dollars are realistic. But most NFL Teams are stoic and unimaginative to do Trades.

Having 12 picks in this Draft and 6 in the first 101 players make the Pats picks and trades wind up being unique and numerous. Fair? Perhaps.

I don't love all of the Pats selections in my Draft but they were fair in placement. The three player Trades were very important and we have the Draft Capital.

ROUND 1

1 Arizona Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma

2 San Francisco Nick Bosa DE Ohio St.

3 New York Jets Josh Allen DE Kentucky

4 Oakland Quinnen Williams DT Alabama

5 Tampa Bay Ed Oliver DT Houston

6 *Trade -Denver from N.Y. Giants for #10, #71 in 3rd, #125 in 4TH =Denver selects T.J. Hockensen TE Iowa ( A playmaking TE has been a need for the Broncos for years.QB can be handled later)

7 Jacksonville JawaanTaylor OT Florida

8 Detroit D.K. Metcalf WR Ole Miss.

9 Buffalo Rashan Gary DT Mich.

10 N.Y. Giants -from Denver= Montez Sweat DE Miss. St.

11 Cincinnati Andre Dillard OT Wash. St.

12 Green Bay Devin White LB LSU

13 Miami= Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson

14 Atlanta Jonah Williams OT Alabama

15 Washington Drew Lock QB Missouri

16 Carolina Brian Burns DE Florida St.

17 New York Giants - from Cleveland= Daniel Jones QB Duke

18 Minnesota Greedy Williams CB LSU

19 Tennessee Christian Wilkens DT Clemson

20 Pittsburgh Devin Bush LB Michigan

21 *Trade-Arizona through N.E., through Seattle. Seattle gets #32, #73 in 3rd from N.E. >N.E. trades pick #21 plus #64 in 2nd for AZ #33 in 2nd, #65 in 3rd #139 in 5th and QB Josh Rosen QB(189 pts or 3rd round pick)= AZ selects Marquez Brown WR Oklahoma (Regardless of haters of Rosen, he still has more talent than most in this Draft class. He cis cheaper than Hoyer.The actual Draft value chart comes down to a third round reward to AZ but their Fans see the excitement of pick #21. They wind up with Brown who has been a perfect target for Murray at OU. There is a reason to grab a 5th Rounder for the Pats as you will see later)

22 Baltimore Mack Wilson ILB Alabama

23 Houston Dalton Risner OT/OG Kansas St.

24 Oakland - from Chicago=Noah Fant TE Alabama

25 Philadelphia Byron Murphy CB Washington

26 Indianapolis Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson

27 * Trade-Seattle from Oakland through Dallas. Oakland gets Frank Clark DE .Seattle also receives Oakland #140 in 5th=Seattle selects A.J. Brown WR Ole Miss. (The Hawks were desperate to pick up Draft choices. Plus with the signing of Wilson, Clark might have to be moved. The Hawks are low on CAP room. They have other needs. The Raiders get their Edge rusher and have the CAP space. A.J. Brown is a needed WR for Wilson)

28 Los Angeles Chargers Rock Ya-Sin CB Temple

29 Kansas City Taylor Rapp S Washington

30 Green Bay - from New Orleans= N’Keal Harry WR Arizona ST.

31 Los Angeles Rams Greg Little OT Ole Miss.

32 Seattle from New England =Jahai Polite DE Florida (Clark replacement?)

Last edited:
Why the trade up to 21? Why not just trade 32+73 for Rosen plus a 5th in this scenario? Not that I would give up that much for Rosen.

Denver's going to trade up and ignore the QB Position, choosing instead to take a TE who might well be available at #10? They're going to piss away 2 picks in order to move up 4 slots for that TE?

That's the sort of decision making that gets a GM fired.

I dont get why the Broncos would trade up 4 spots while giving up their 3rd and 4th for a player that is pretty likely to still sit there at their original spot.

Also not sure why the Rosen deal needs to be a 3 team trade.

Denver's going to trade up and ignore the QB Position, choosing instead to take a TE who might well be available at #10? They're going to piss away 2 picks in order to move up 4 slots for that TE?

That's the sort of decision making that gets a GM fired.

To be fair, Jacksonville, Detroit and Buffalo are all being linked to Hockenson in mocks. There’s no guarantee he’ll be there at 10.

I dont get why the Broncos would trade up 4 spots while giving up their 3rd and 4th for a player that is pretty likely to still sit there at their original spot.

Also not sure why the Rosen deal needs to be a 3 team trade.

The only reason to move up is if your convinced 8 is his floor with Detroit. That being said, I would only be willing to deal a 3rd not a 4th as well.

The only reason to move up is if your convinced 8 is his floor with Detroit. That being said, I would only be willing to deal a 3rd not a 4th as well.

Sure I guess. Maybe I have spend too much time watching BB run the draft but giving up two picks to pick a TE when you pick at #10 anyway is just way too high of a price for me. They must have other very highly valued players on their board at that point still.

Hockensen cant be the highest graded player with a big margin left 10 picks into a draft, can he ?

Sure I guess. Maybe I have spend too much time watching BB run the draft but giving up two picks to pick a TE when you pick at #10 anyway is just way too high of a price for me. They must have other very highly valued players on their board at that point still.

Hockensen cant be the highest graded player with a big margin left 10 picks into a draft, can he ?

Absolutely not. He’s a very good player, the top TE in a pretty stacked TE class. But is he Gronk? I don’t think so. They’d be best served seeing if hock falls, and if not take best avail and target a Knox/sternburger on day 2

I don’t think Arizona takes Murray. They really want to swap picks with a team like the Raiders.

To be fair, Jacksonville, Detroit and Buffalo are all being linked to Hockenson in mocks. There’s no guarantee he’ll be there at 10.

That would be a more convincing argument if Denver wasn't desperate to get its QBOTF, and if DW Toys hadn't conveniently allowed Haskins to slip all the way out of the first round in order to have him still end up in Denver:

Round 2

1 *Trade -Denver from N.E. through Arizona >N.E. receives Denver #41 in 2nd, plus 2020 3rd Round pick=Denver selects Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio St. (Haskins has too much upside for Elway to pass up and a great value pick here as a development QB)

Nothing against you, but Toys was deliberately being ridiculous in order to make that pairing happen.

That would be a more convincing argument if Denver wasn't desperate to get its QBOTF, and if DW Toys hadn't conveniently allowed Haskins to slip all the way out of the first round in order to have him still end up in Denver:

Nothing against you, but Toys was deliberately being ridiculous in order to make that pairing happen.

That does seem contrived. I wonder if Elway will draft a first round QB or not. I really don’t know.

There is a tendency amongst amateur mockers to ‘wait’ on the QB which I’m reality just doesn’t happen. If teams like the QB, they don’t compromise.

That does seem contrived. I wonder if Elway will draft a first round QB or not. I really don’t know.

There is a tendency amongst amateur mockers to ‘wait’ on the QB which I’m reality just doesn’t happen. If teams like the QB, they don’t compromise.

DW made a contrived mock? This has never occurred in the history of Patsfans.

I don’t think Arizona takes Murray. They really want to swap picks with a team like the Raiders.
I’ve said from the moment Murray was floated as the # 1 pick that don’t believe it will happen
If they actually get someone to trade up for a guy who has no business being picked anywhere number 1 because of the fake hype they created, they are geniuses.

Murray may fall very far.

The Seattle trade for Frank Clark got me thinking. Lets for the moment Oakland doesn't make that trade. Would you like it if the Pats made the same trade with Seattle. The 32nd pick for Clark and the 140th.

THEN use that 140th to add McCoy. :eek:

I think that would give us the best DL in Pats history.

Clark, McCoy, Guy, Bennett in a rotation with Fergeson, Pennell, Butler, Rivers.

Sure it would be a bit long in the tooth, and wouldn't last more than this year as a group, but MAN, it would be talented.

The Seattle trade for Frank Clark got me thinking. Lets for the moment Oakland doesn't make that trade. Would you like it if the Pats made the same trade with Seattle. The 32nd pick for Clark and the 140th.

Clark, McCoy, Guy, Bennett in a rotation with Fergeson, Pennell, Butler, Rivers.

Sure it would be a bit long in the tooth, and wouldn't last more than this year as a group, but MAN, it would be talented.

How do you pay for it. I believe that adds 30m to the cap charge.

You don't give up a valuable pick like #32 just to then also pay market price for a lesser player than Trey Flowers. They could have had him cheaper AND keep the pick.

Similarly I dont think it makes any sense to give up any picks for McCoy as his contract is crazily over the top. Wait for him to be cut and then offer something more reasonable like 6-7m. You can always put some window dressing on it with incentives.

If he finds another team that pays him more then good for him.

Still trying to figure out all the moving parts in pick #21, it hurts my brain.. that is a lot of pieces to move around.

You don't give up a valuable pick like #32 just to then also pay market price for a lesser player than Trey Flowers. They could have had him cheaper AND keep the pick.

Similarly I dont think it makes any sense to give up any picks for McCoy as his contract is crazily over the top. Wait for him to be cut and then offer something more reasonable like 6-7m. You can always put some window dressing on it with incentives.

If he finds another team that pays him more then good for him.
Wasn't thinking about the cap issues except to think that he'd be affordable for THIS season at least. Besides why do you think he's a "lesser player" than Trey. He has more sacks, more QB hits, more forced fumbles, and just 8 fewer tackles. If it made financial sense he'd be a clear upgrade as a pass rusher.

As for McCoy, I would love for the Bucs to just release him. But a trade would guarantee that he's coming here. Besides I doubt that any trade would happen unless the Pats and McCoy agreed to at least broad terms BEFORE the trade trade is consummated.

BTW- I would prefer McCoy over Clark, for a lot of reasons. The trade cost would be less. One is an edge rusher, another comes up the middle.....and its MY f#cking fantasy. ;)

Wasn't thinking about the cap issues except to think that he'd be affordable for THIS season at least. Besides why do you think he's a "lesser player" than Trey. He has more sacks, more QB hits, more forced fumbles, and just 8 fewer tackles. If it made financial sense he'd be a clear upgrade as a pass rusher.

Because the value with Flowers in our defense was in his versatility. Clark might be better in specific areas but he cant do as many things at a good level as Flowers. Depending on the projected role and your defense this might not matter or Clark might be a better player but I dont think it would be true in NE.

As for McCoy, I would love for the Bucs to just release him. But a trade would guarantee that he's coming here. Besides I doubt that any trade would happen unless the Pats and McCoy agreed to at least broad terms BEFORE the trade trade is consummated.

What would be his incentive to play ball and agree to a paycut to facilitate a trade? He knows that -- unless injuries hit other players -- the Bucs will most probably release him at some point this summer and then he has free choice.

I mean maybe he is one of those players that would take a discount for a realistic shot at a ring but I would not expect it.

I would love McCoy here but I just dont see it happening unless he gets cut. And even then he would have to do it at a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes