PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB Interview NFL Annual Meeting

To those who mention p-p-playoffs:

You do realize that this is the 7TH seed you're talking about...right?

A playoff seed that did not even exist until 2020.

And you're hanging your hats on this?

Are you referencing 2021? They were the 6 seed.

Did Bill read this thread? LOL

No but he was probably told to walk it back by the PR team who told him that the optics of his 25 years comment isn't the greatest.

FWIW I didn't like the "Last 25 years" comment either. I would have preferred, "We were a playoff team in 2021, we didn't do well last year. We've improved and will continue to make the team better". and leave it at that.
That's why he rarely deviates from non-answers. If you just say what pops into your head, the media makes a thing out of it. Tedy Bruschi even had a rant about the last 25 years comment. Personally, I thought it was pretty funny. It's safer to stick to the platitudes.

Exactly, Bill has done more with less these last three years. Take away Meyers full ****** play against the Raiders and maybe it's back to back playoffs.

His only mistakes were some of the coaches installed last year. Bill admits he's fully capable of mistakes like everyone else. Nothing he's said makes me think he didn't recognize that mistake or that he's incapable of learning from it.

When's the last time a team with a rookie QB made the playoffs? It happens from time to time, but it's rare.

I agree. But the "installed coaches" was a big mistake that is surprising considering his experience. I still have no way to explain such a significant mistake.

It’s rare for Bill to walk back a comment.

Did Bill read this thread? LOL

No but he was probably told to walk it back by the PR team who told him that the optics of his 25 years comment isn't the greatest.

Yep... To quote JD Clampett (as RKK): I gotta have me a looong talk with that boy...

Yep... To quote JD Clampett (as RKK): I gotta have me a looong talk with that boy...
Once a month the PR people down at Gillette have to tidy up for Bill after he verbally soils himself.

"Over a three-year period, we are one of the lowest spending teams in the league.” Bill Belichick (01/09/23)

Next month........

Bathrobe strolls down Comm Ave?

OIP.aJNYV4CBkl4wB2xP7CdjGwEEEs

Walking his imaginary dog
1680206245695.jpeg

Some might say the tipping point was last summer when he installed the Chuck E Cheese clown as OC
OIP._YrOdUaHkvvTqpziD82WpAHaHa

--------------------------------------------------------------------
All kidding aside, Bill's present-day fastball is Wakefield-esque.....and fading fast

Last edited:

It’s rare for Bill to walk back a comment.
The only issue with this is you can't really say "look at the past" when it suits you to sway concerns about current performance, while in the same breath you made your mantra to deflect media questions "we are onto the next team" aka "we aren't discussing the past".

I feel like a lot of you are more fans of BB then you are the team. Whoever the head coach is should be held accountable. There are plenty of coaches out there who can deliver a .500 winning percentage.

There are mistakes like disregarding your scouting department and drafting N'Keal Harry or swinging and missing on Jonnu and Agholor and then there is gross negligence like handing the offense over to Patricia and Judge. No other coach in the league would have made such an asinine decision and pissed away an entire season of offensive development.

As fans you deserve better, but if you're just happy to stare at BB's balls so be it.

WOW... You're a special kind of dimwit..

BB did NOT disregard his scouting department to take Harry. That's you making s**t up. In fact, the Pats were LAUDED by damn near everyone with the Harry pick.

Teams miss on players all the time. Was Agholor a miss because of the change in OC or because he just wasn't right? Same with Jonnu Smith?

You have no F'in clue what another HC would have done in regards to Patricia and Judge. NOT ONE. Because there have been PLENTY of HC 1000times worse than Belchick, you ignorant boob.

Show me another team that has used 4 different starting OTs in a season who have put up .500 season, let alone WIN a SB (Belichick has done that). The Pats used 5 different RTs last year. That's insane. And they STILL put up an 8-9 record. A record that could have easily been 10-7, btw.

As a fan, I deserve better than whiny little twits like you spewing ignorant garbage on a regular basis.

Keep your ****ing garbage ****ing politics the **** out of a ****ing football thread.

Whine some more, Stonebrains. Not like you can bring anything else.

Bingo - wild the difference in how Bill used to talk and talks now.

Also wild the standard he puts on players vs. him. The guy who says better a year early than late all of a sudden uses past performance as an excuse
Bruschi's take is complete garbage. As is yours.

Only in this Fandom do you B**ch and Moan and purposely twist what was said you you can show your faux outrage.

Seriously. This team could have easily been 10-7 as it was 8-9. The PLAYERS F'ed up just as much as the coaching staff.

Belichick has a 24 year history of overall excellence. People saying it was all because of Brady are just as moronic as those saying it was all because of Belichick. But w/o Belichick, there wouldn't have been a Brady or 6 SB wins or 9 SB visits in 18 years.

I took a wait and see attitude with the Patricia/Judge moves because they are supposedly good COACHES. It is said that Good COACHES are supposed to be able to coach any position and have success. However, it became clear that Patricia failed to do what was needed prior to TC to know how to implement the Shanahan schemes. Instead of leaning on players who'd actually PLAYED in those schemes and who could help with their implementation, he froze them out. As for Judge, it's clear that his ego got in his way. The fact that he wasn't focusing on helping Jones improve and that it's been reported that he was being more of a busy body to the point that BB is rumored to have relieved him of his duties mid-season speaks volumes to his ego.

Guess what happened? BB recognized his error and has moved on. Had Patricia and Judge actually worked out, BB would have looked like a genius, yet again.

BB didn't "use" past performance as an EXCUSE. He used it as a point of information. Something you're clearly not familiar with. Only people who are too jaded for their own good and are unwilling to look at REALITY can't bothered to take into consideration the salient things that happened last year that were out of the control of the coach.

So many of you can't be bothered to hold yourselves to the same standard you're trying to hold Belichick to. If you did, you wouldn't last because you'd have to delete your accounts for being wrong so much.

Bruschi's take is complete garbage. As is yours.

Only in this Fandom do you B**ch and Moan and purposely twist what was said you you can show your faux outrage.

Seriously. This team could have easily been 10-7 as it was 8-9. The PLAYERS F'ed up just as much as the coaching staff.

Belichick has a 24 year history of overall excellence. People saying it was all because of Brady are just as moronic as those saying it was all because of Belichick. But w/o Belichick, there wouldn't have been a Brady or 6 SB wins or 9 SB visits in 18 years.

I took a wait and see attitude with the Patricia/Judge moves because they are supposedly good COACHES. It is said that Good COACHES are supposed to be able to coach any position and have success. However, it became clear that Patricia failed to do what was needed prior to TC to know how to implement the Shanahan schemes. Instead of leaning on players who'd actually PLAYED in those schemes and who could help with their implementation, he froze them out. As for Judge, it's clear that his ego got in his way. The fact that he wasn't focusing on helping Jones improve and that it's been reported that he was being more of a busy body to the point that BB is rumored to have relieved him of his duties mid-season speaks volumes to his ego.

Guess what happened? BB recognized his error and has moved on. Had Patricia and Judge actually worked out, BB would have looked like a genius, yet again.

BB didn't "use" past performance as an EXCUSE. He used it as a point of information. Something you're clearly not familiar with. Only people who are too jaded for their own good and are unwilling to look at REALITY can't bothered to take into consideration the salient things that happened last year that were out of the control of the coach.

So many of you can't be bothered to hold yourselves to the same standard you're trying to hold Belichick to. If you did, you wouldn't last because you'd have to delete your accounts for being wrong so much.
Damn... you sound really outraged which is very ironic given your characterization of me being outraged. I was only saying it was a hypocritical answer given the standard Bill holds players to. The same characterization his former players used. The proof is him walking it back a day or two later.

Judge and Patricia were set up for failure. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together with an ounce of objectivity could tell that before seeing any proof on the field. Taking a Special Team's coach and D coach and putting them together as your second year QB's coaches is simply dumb. Any other coach would have been fired. Instead we have fanboys making excuses for the greatest coach ever and placing the blame on the 2 coaches that were set up for failure.

Anyone who thought that experiment was going to succeed was either ignorant, full of hubris or simply looked down on how hard it is to succeed in this league.

Seemed like this is our only remaining "annual meeting" thread, so...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
All kidding aside, Bill's present-day fastball is Wakefield-esque.....and fading fast
He still has the velocity, his control has been suspect lately. I think he must have reared back, closed his eyes and let fly when he thought MP and JJ could lead the offense. Jack Morris had the most wild pitches in a career. Let's hope BB is Jack and not Daniel Bard or Rick Ankiel.

WOW... You're a special kind of dimwit..

BB did NOT disregard his scouting department to take Harry. That's you making s**t up. In fact, the Pats were LAUDED by damn near everyone with the Harry pick.

Teams miss on players all the time. Was Agholor a miss because of the change in OC or because he just wasn't right? Same with Jonnu Smith?

You have no F'in clue what another HC would have done in regards to Patricia and Judge. NOT ONE. Because there have been PLENTY of HC 1000times worse than Belchick, you ignorant boob.

Show me another team that has used 4 different starting OTs in a season who have put up .500 season, let alone WIN a SB (Belichick has done that). The Pats used 5 different RTs last year. That's insane. And they STILL put up an 8-9 record. A record that could have easily been 10-7, btw.

As a fan, I deserve better than whiny little twits like you spewing ignorant garbage on a regular basis.
Why do you have to resort to personal attacks over a difference of opinion?

The only person that LAUDED taking NKeal Harry ahead of AJ Brown and Debo Samuel was BB bobo, Mike Lombardi.

I cited the Agalor and Jonnu misses as just that, not ineptitude.

Ok - how many coaches in the league do you think would turn an offense over to Matt Patricia and Joe Judge? Definitely sounds like something McViegh, or Shanahan, or Ried would do.

The tackle situation was a self-made mess. Why extend Wynn? There was clearly a lack of buy in resulting from the clown show offensive coaching staff.

Last edited:
Anyone who thought that experiment was going to succeed was either ignorant.........
........or a BB DaFluffer

I cannot wait for bills next reach this draft and the ensuing pissing match between the in bill we trust people and the people that have eyes
I'll take this as sarcasm, but I'd really like Bill to get an impact player from the day he steps on the field who can jump start the offense or defense.

Gotta love it. When it came to Tom Brady all I heard was "it's not about the past it's about what you can do now" to justify Bills low-ball offers and letting him go.

BUT when it comes to Bills poor decisions it's "well the last 25 years! He deserves benefit of the doubt!"

Where did all that "it's about what you can do now, not your past?"

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back