PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 Labor Scholars file Amicus Brief in support of Brady and the NFLPA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just waiting to see how many "friend of the court" briefs it will take to completely push them over the edge. :D

I wonder if they're actually even reading them?

Awesomely awesome.

It almost seems like piling on at this point, but in reality every argument helps.

If nothing more, a few of these 12 judges are going to HAVE to notice such strong opinions by people who went to the same top schools that they went to, people with no reason to lie, and people at the very upper levels of their field of work.

I'm waiting for GOONdel and his goon squad to get third parties to file amicus briefs defending the NFL.

Just waiting to see how many "friend of the court" briefs it will take to completely push them over the edge. :D

Surely they are at least browsing them, as they each briefly emphasize different things:
  • Law professors: This is an important case. Also, Goodell was in the wrong, because he did the only thing arbitrators are not allowed to do, which is dispense "his own brand of industrial justice." (So far, every judge or legal scholar on Brady's side has cited that phrase. I imagine the streak will continue.)
  • Feinberg: Similar to law professors, but he takes a practical rather than scholarly tone.
  • AFL-CIO: This is an important case. (Their argument on anything else was quick and sloppy.)
  • Patriots: His own employer backs him, and has the hunch that he's innocent. (Their argument on anything else was disorganized.)
  • Physics professors: He is actually innocent.
Assuming Olson played a role in coordinating this, he seems to have done well.

Where the hell were these people when I was saying this months ago?

They were going about their busy lives and significant, highly respected careers, assuming that the 2nd Circuit would uphold Judge Berman's well-informed and soundly reasoned ruling in Tom Brady's favor.

I look forward to Goody's rebuttal, suspensions for everyone. Including a longer one for Brady for his side filing too many briefs (in all seriousness he could do that...).

• Patriots: His own employer backs him, and has the hunch that he's innocent. (Their argument on anything else was disorganized.)
Did we read the same brief?

The Patriots' brief was fantastic.

It focused on the denial of basic due process (lack of access to evidence being brought against the accused and hence lack of opportunity for the accused to respond) in denying access to Weiss's notes of conversations with officials. But it went beyond that and showed that the interpretation placed on those conversations was essential to the case against TFB. So it nailed the idea that "Brady was guilty but trying to skate on a technicality" that seemed to be in Chin's mind (if that's what we can call it) by showing that only denial of due process made the substantive conclusion even remotely plausible.

And then, in a really short space, it slammed all the other myths and lies.

Have another look.

Where the hell were these people when I was saying this months ago?

Where were these people when WE ALL WERE SAYING THIS!!!!?. Its about time. I've been banging my head against the wall for almost 2 years, trying to get the message through to
every idiot I cross each day, that Brady IS NOT GUILTY!!! Thank God people are finally seeing through the BS. It's down right criminal , what the NFL is trying to do. They're arrogance will be they're undoing. This is going to end this time. WE WIN!!!!! FU to the haters. Suck it. We are coming for your lame ass team. WE WIN

Last edited:
Did we read the same brief?

The Patriots' brief was fantastic.

It focused on the denial of basic due process (lack of access to evidence being brought against the accused and hence lack of opportunity for the accused to respond) in denying access to Weiss's notes of conversations with officials. But it went beyond that and showed that the interpretation placed on those conversations was essential to the case against TFB. So it nailed the idea that "Brady was guilty but trying to skate on a technicality" that seemed to be in Chin's mind (if that's what we can call it) by showing that only denial of due process made the substantive conclusion even remotely plausible.

And then, in a really short space, it slammed all the other myths and lies.

Have another look.

It was all over the place, with lots of footnotes to the longstanding pro-Brady website.

It did not say, anywhere I could find, "We did our own internal investigation and we're very sure this didn't happen." If I missed it -- well, then I stand by what I said about how well organized the brief was or wasn't. Now, it IMPLIES that the Patriots believe Brady, which is itself a big deal. But that fits with what I already said.

It was all over the place, with lots of footnotes to the longstanding pro-Brady website.

It did not say, anywhere I could find, "We did our own internal investigation and we're very sure this didn't happen." If I missed it -- well, then I stand by what I said about how well organized the brief was or wasn't. Now, it IMPLIES that the Patriots believe Brady, which is itself a big deal. But that fits with what I already said.

It was a legal brief, written to expose the capricious and inadequate reasoning of two of the judges of the Appeal Court. It did that, in my opinion, extremely well. You are apparently asking it to do something quite different.

All these amicus filings are a very interesting strategy to submit legal briefs when you're not allowed to submit legal briefs. :D

Where were these people when WE ALL WERE SAYING THIS!!!!?. Its about time. I've been banging my head against the wall for almost 2 years, trying to get the message through to
every idiot I cross each day, that Brady IS NOT GUILTY!!! Thank God people are finally seeing through the BS. It's down right criminal , what the NFL is trying to do. They're arrogance will be they're undoing. This is going to end this time. WE WIN!!!!! FU to the haters. Suck it. We are coming for your lame ass team. WE WIN

I agree with you, but most people including plenty of Patriots fans aren't focused on this. I joined this forum the day the Wells report came out. I read the first twenty pages which was the summary and was convinced they were guilty. Normally, I wouldn't bother, but for whatever reason, I kept on reading and read the entire report that day. I was outraged by the out of context texts Wells used and the flawed science by Exponent. I joined this site that day to point out the obvious errors I saw. All those errors have been discussed here endlessly. But if you aren't an avid fan, you don't know how corrupt that report and Goodell's ruling was.

My point is it takes time for everyone else to catch on. Last year about late August or early September, my father who is a Pats fan, but doesn't spend time reading about this stuff, mentioned that they probably did something. I was shocked because i had talked about it to him, but never really went into detail. At that point, I did go into detail and was surprised how misinformed my father was. I convinced him. But it goes to show how little most people know about this. It has taken time for people to catch on. People don't expect the NFL and its commissioner to be so corrupt especially while going after one of their all time greats because it is so irrational and bizarre.

Finally, people, scholars are catching up and seeing how wrong this is. I wish they joined the party much earlier, but better late than never I guess... or hope.

I agree with you, but most people including plenty of Patriots fans aren't focused on this. I joined this forum the day the Wells report came out. I read the first twenty pages which was the summary and was convinced they were guilty. Normally, I wouldn't bother, but for whatever reason, I kept on reading and read the entire report that day. I was outraged by the out of context texts Wells used and the flawed science by Exponent. I joined this site that day to point out the obvious errors I saw. All those errors have been discussed here endlessly. But if you aren't an avid fan, you don't know how corrupt that report and Goodell's ruling was.

My point is it takes time for everyone else to catch on. Last year about late August or early September, my father who is a Pats fan, but doesn't spend time reading about this stuff, mentioned that they probably did something. I was shocked because i had talked about it to him, but never really went into detail. At that point, I did go into detail and was surprised how misinformed my father was. I convinced him. But it goes to show how little most people know about this. It has taken time for people to catch on. People don't expect the NFL and its commissioner to be so corrupt especially while going after one of their all time greats because it is so irrational and bizarre.

Finally, people, scholars are catching up and seeing how wrong this is. I wish they joined the party much earlier, but better late than never I guess... or hope.
Exactly what I am saying. 99.99 percent of fans/people get their news from: BSPN, NFLN and in my area, all of the NY/Philly media outlets. Which BTW, are owned or financially manipulated by the MFL. I have tried, many times, to explain the rational, scientific, unbiased point of view on this. People just like to hate the Pats. We Win!!!!. That's the reason. That's the reason the owners want the Pats to lose. That's the reason opposing fans want the Pats to lose. And the reason your Father believed what they said. It's lies, corruption, illegal. And it is slowing coming to light. These MF ers will lie to the bitter end. And anyone with half a brain will finally see it. They are Criminals!!!! And very dumb ones at that. They're arrogance and lack of respect for truth and fairness will bring them down. You have to understand that most of these executives/owners ( who already are very wealthy) are money/power drunk. They believe they can charge as much as they want, punish as they see fit, manipulate games, set unfair rules... etc. And we come right back and pay what they want, believe what they want... Because we love the game. It will bite them in the ass. And I'm gonna laugh, laugh laugh, when it comes back to hurt them.

Possibly not it out were coming from no names, this however is entirely different. The focus has moved completely off of Article 46 and onto process, and if the court reads it that way Brady wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes