PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alan Millstein: Brady's chances of en banc hearing dramatically improved with latest amicus filings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Kenneth Feinberg's DeflateGate Amicus Brief Could Prove Significant In Tom Brady's Fight

Attorney Alan Millstein says Feinberg's amicus brief is hugely important, but I suspect most of you know this. What he also says, however, is that Brady's chances of an en banc hearing are closer to 100%. Daniel Wallach says its 50%.

Edit: sorry if this was posted already, but i didn't think the amicus filings would improve brady's odds at basically 0% to 50%. This shows the effectiveness of Ted Olson.

Last edited:
Ted Olsen should have been hired a year ago.

A year ago this wasn't a case Ted Olsen would take.

On the bright side, a year ago, Roger Goodell was one year further away from being dead. He is now a year closer. So, in that sense, we are all in a much better situation now.

I don't think anyone is "counting chickens" people are just more confident in Brady's chances. They could still deny the petition I just doubt they will, and if they rehear it Brady is going to win and the NFL will have taken a major loss and bargaining chip for their beloved 18 game season.

I wish I could be in the room when they get the request for their response, they are going to be seriously pissed off.

Kenneth Feinberg's DeflateGate Amicus Brief Could Prove Significant In Tom Brady's Fight

Attorney Alan Millstein says Feinberg's amicus brief is hugely important, but I suspect most of you know this. What he also says, however, is that Brady's chances of an en banc hearing are now at 100%. Daniel Wallach says its 50%.

Edit: sorry if this was posted already, but i didn't think the amicus filings would improve brady's odds at basically 0% to 50%. This shows the effectiveness of Ted Olsen.

I was going to post that there is no such thing as 100%, but if a bunch of respected mediots want to say it . . . All good, every little bit may help to move the needle on any of the 13 who are sitting on the fence. If enough respected voices say 'they have no choice but to hear it, they'll follow the pack.'

But then of course, i read the story. . .and nobody said 100%:

Wallach tweet:
I just spoke with @amilst44, and he thinks that rehearing will now be granted. His level of confidence is at "90%." Mine is up to 50%

Story text:
Gaming and sports law attorney Daniel Wallach, who’s followed every “DeflateGate” development from the beginning, tweeted Tuesday that he gives Brady a 50 percent chance of being granted a rehearing, while attorney Alan Milstein predicted to Wallach that Brady’s odds are much closer to 100 percent.

I was going to post that there is no such thing as 100%, but if a bunch of respected mediots want to say it . . . All good, every little bit may help to move the needle on any of the 13 who are sitting on the fence. If enough respected voices say 'they have no choice but to hear it, they'll follow the pack.'

But then of course, i read the story. . .and nobody said 100%:

Wallach tweet:

Story text:

Good catch, i was in too much of a hurry to post the article.

Who cares what percentage? They are going to hear the en banc, and win. If we want to guess percentages, I say 100 percent. I just feel that our justice system cannot be that currupt. If not, I've lost all hope in this country. And that would really seal the deal on my opinion of how bad the condition of this country is.

Lets just say they hear the En Banc and Brady and the NFLPA wins. Does anyone think there will be a chance this does not go to the supreme court?

I mean if it gets En Banc overturn then that probably puts it above a lot of other cases in terms of needing final clarity as far as the legal ramifications.

Lets just say they hear the En Banc and Brady and the NFLPA wins. Does anyone think there will be a chance this does not go to the supreme court?

I mean if it gets En Banc overturn then that probably puts it above a lot of other cases in terms of needing final clarity as far as the legal ramifications.

IMO if Brady wins en banc, that is GAME OVER. The only way it goes to SCOTUS is if Brady appeals a loss . Feinberg's arguments justify both a 2CA review and a scotus hearing. What argument does gotohell have for why SCOTUS should, at that point INTERVENE.

He could argue that the laws of science and maybe gravity are different within the confines of Gillette, good luck :)

Or he could argue that every arbitration should be by a single biased party, instead of an impartial panel

Or he could argue that arbitrators should have the right to invent crimes and punishments

Any one of those sounds like something SCOTUS would be just jumping up and down to interrupt their schedule to hear his case

Only 4 scotus justices are needed for the Supreme Court to hear the case. With kagen, ginsburg, sotomayor and breyer, you have to like Brady's chances.

On the bright side, a year ago, Roger Goodell was one year further away from being dead. He is now a year closer. So, in that sense, we are all in a much better situation now.

Don't you want him to be retired and know he will be reviled as the worst NFL commissioner of all time before he dies?

Don't you want him to be retired and know he will be reviled as the worst NFL commissioner of all time before he dies?

NO, I would prefer to see him FIRED and REVILED as the worst commissioner ever. But unfortunately there is a clique of owners without a lick of sense.

milstein was dead wrong about the nfl's appeal..

im moved on and expect jimmy to be the starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots