PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“Brady held up his end of the bargain but Bill Belichick didn’t.”-Skip Bayless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans discount what an incredible run the Eagles and Foles had, they put up 38 points on the road against what many consider the best NFC defense in the league, Minnesota.

Foles was playing out of his mind the post season, his success was not unique to the Patriots.. he completed 73% of his passes during that run.. some of the passes I watched Sunday nite were way beyond anything I was expecting..

The Eagles were at home against Minnesota

Belichick’s last 3 Superbowls (Brady’s pick 6 & Pete Carroll’s decision cancel out):

31 PPG
400+ YPG
Opposing QB passer rating 120+

Pretty hard to blame a QB who puts up 500+ yards and garners a 115 Pass Rating, even if he does get strip sacked at a critical moment. The Pats scored more points on Sunday than they did in the two Giants' losses combined.

The Coaching and Play of the D deserve the criticism that they are getting.

But, the Eagles coached and played up to the moment, attempted and executed risky plays, stayed on the field and then made big plays on both sides of the ball when they had to. Did Foles play out of his mind and will he revert to what most of us thought was his "form" a month ago? Only time will tell, but somebody is going to pay him eight figures to find out...and he will deserve it.

Last time I'll say it, but the team let Brady down. Passed for 500 and scored 33 in a loss. Without Brady heroics, we lose the last 5 Superbowls.
Can we stop this Bradycentric nonsense? Please!! The team let "Brady" down???
LOTS and LOTS of players on the both sides of the ball and a certain future HOF kicker played MAJOR roles in the Dynasty that is the New England Patriots.
In fact this Super Bowl proves my point. The GOAT played a great game and the team lost. Guess it's never all about Brady huh??
Just a thought, perhaps if the GOAT is ready to play from the opening kick and the team gets a lead, gets off to a good start then we don't need all these endless comebacks?? Uh huh!! Football is the ultimate team game. Too many of you forget that.

It’s sounding like a confluence of events led Belichick to sit him. First, he was sick, late coming to Minnesota, and missed gameplanning practices. Second, he practiced poorly when he was there, third, he was breaking team rules leading up to the game. All taken together Belichick believed his head wasn’t in the game and that they would be better off going with those who were totally committed to it. People can be as pissed off as they want about it but my guess is that they would have been just as pissed off if Butler has been beaten for the game winning TD by Wilson against a Seattle. “It’s the biggest play of the season and Belichick decides to go with AN UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT NOBODY!!!!!!!” What hubris, what arrogance, what an ego, what a moron!!!!!!!

Like it or not Belichick did what he thought was best for the team, and given what he’s done for this franchise I’m fine with it. I don’t know what Butler did to lose Belichick’s faith but It’s definitely on Butler, not on Belichick, as I have no doubt that Belichick would much rather have been able to count on him and play him.
Have no problem benching Butler to start the game for any violations, attitude issues etc. Have a huge problem leaving him on the bench for the entire game when his replacements are borderline NFL players whose play is hurting the entire team.
Belichick did not do right by his own team by refusing to play his best players in a championship game.
Malcolm Butler is exactly the kind of aggressive player that defense needed. Don't care how bad a season he had or how poorly he practiced. He has a proven game and he plays the kind of game that can produce the INT, the strip fumble, the strip incomplete pass, the key tackle that stopped a 3rd down, stopped a drive.
And the coach never gave his TEAM a chance to benefit from that players' skill.
UNEXUSABLE!!!!!!

Last edited:
Foles was playing out of his mind the post season, his success was not unique to the Patriots.. he completed 73% of his passes during that run.. some of the passes I watched Sunday nite were way beyond anything I was expecting..

Funny how awful QBs consistently play out of their minds against the Pats D, especially in the biggest games.

It's gotten to the point where I'd rather face an elite QB in the playoffs than a ****ty one.

LOTS and LOTS of players on the both sides of the ball and a certain future HOF kicker played MAJOR roles in the Dynasty that is the New England Patriots.
In fact this Super Bowl proves my point. The GOAT played a great game and the team lost. Guess it's never all about Brady huh??
Just a thought, perhaps if the GOAT is ready to play from the opening kick and the team gets a lead, gets off to a good start then we don't need all these endless comebacks?? Uh huh!! Football is the ultimate team game. Too many of you forget that.
j-jonah-jameson-laughing-gif.gif

Fans discount what an incredible run the Eagles and Foles had, they put up 38 points on the road against what many consider the best NFC defense in the league, Minnesota.

The Eagles played at home.

There are some amazing stats that have come out of this game, especially from the Patriots' offense side of the ledger, that boggles the mind the team lost. But, when you take away what the offense did and focus on what the Eagles offense did, you would also say the Eagles handily won.

Even though you can't say one play decided the game exclusively, but, once again we can point to a play that had a great impact on the outcome. There is no doubt everyone expected Brady to lead the Pats down the field to take the lead again after the Eagles scored to take the lead back. That play is the strip sack. The Eagles defense was being shredded by Brady and that one singular play is the only shining light for the Eagles defense in the Super Bowl. In the first half, the Pats offense can pretty much take the blame for not scoring more and you can't really say it was exceptional defensive play on the part of the Eagles that stopped them. Not a single punt, over 600 yards total offense, no picks and the team lost. Go figure!

Brady had a bad game.

Forget all the yards. You guys crow all season how yards are meaningless on the NE defense. Now you want yards to be the barometer of a great game. Brady was off. Guys were open and Brady missed them.

His passing improved later in the game but he still wasnt Brady in crunch time. With seconds remaining every down is 4 - 6 seconds off the clock.

1st - 10 Brady missed an open Hogan along the sideline for a big chunk of yardage.
2nd - Darby drops an INT along the left sideline to Dorsett.
3rd - Brady throws the ball away.
4th - Brady connects with Almendola for the 1st.

The 1st down completion to Hogan is a throw Brady makes every day but last Sunday saving 15 - 30 seconds off time that you cannot waste.

We deferred and they scored on their opening drive. Sure it was a field goal but they took control first. We never had a chance to get the lead to start because the Defense let them just march down the field.

Funny how awful QBs consistently play out of their minds against the Pats D, especially in the biggest games.

It's gotten to the point where I'd rather face an elite QB in the playoffs than a ****ty one.
I think Foles is definitely a good quarterback, top 1/3 for sure.

We deferred and they scored on their opening drive. Sure it was a field goal but they took control first. We never had a chance to get the lead to start because the Defense let them just march down the field.
Huh? The Patriots took their opening possession right down the field and then sputtered in the red zone and had to settle for a FG. Had a chance to take the lead right there and didn't do it. Had a chance to plant the seed of doubt in the Eagles by shoving the ball right down their throats for 7 points on their 1st possession of the game and didn't do it. The Patriots offense was never in control of that game. Despite over 600 yards of offense they were never in control. Amazing!!

Brady had a bad game.

Forget all the yards. You guys crow all season how yards are meaningless on the NE defense. Now you want yards to be the barometer of a great game. Brady was off. Guys were open and Brady missed them.

His passing improved later in the game but he still wasnt Brady in crunch time. With seconds remaining every down is 4 - 6 seconds off the clock.

1st - 10 Brady missed an open Hogan along the sideline for a big chunk of yardage.
2nd - Darby drops an INT along the left sideline to Dorsett.
3rd - Brady throws the ball away.
4th - Brady connects with Almendola for the 1st.

The 1st down completion to Hogan is a throw Brady makes every day but last Sunday saving 15 - 30 seconds off time that you cannot waste.
That's still a first down.

With 58 seconds left, no time outs the opponent knows all they have to do is defend the sideline passes. He still moved them 40 yards.

Saying Brady had a bad game because he couldn't drive 91 yards in 58 seconds for a TD to match 41 points is absurd.

Last edited:
That's still a first down.

With 58 seconds left SBs no time outs the opponent knows all they have to do is defend the sideline passes. He still moved them 40 yards.

Saying Brady had a bad game because he couldn't drive 91 yards in 58 seconds for a TD to match 41 points is absurd.

No, Brady was off the whole game. 58% completion rate is not Tom Brady.

Brady is like a surgeon on these game winning drives. He struggled yesterday and was inconsistent. A lot of time came off the clock for that 1st down.

Huh? The Patriots took their opening possession right down the field and then sputtered in the red zone and had to settle for a FG. Had a chance to take the lead right there and didn't do it. Had a chance to plant the seed of doubt in the Eagles by shoving the ball right down their throats for 7 points on their 1st possession of the game and didn't do it. The Patriots offense was never in control of that game. Despite over 600 yards of offense they were never in control. Amazing!!

But the yards. Look at the yards.

The NFL should award another trophy for most yards so nobody goes home feeling left out.

I should have been more clear. When I said They I meant the Eagles. The Eagles scored on their opening drive so we could not take the lead to start the game because they had already done it. We could have scored a TD after but from the moment the Eagles got that FG we were playing catch up all game long because the defense couldn't get a stop (and special teams not helping much either). I mean sure the Pats could have gotten a TD every drive and that would have been fine but that's not realistic. The Eagles didn't and we weren't going to either. And other than a lucky ass pick on the 10 yard line our defense did squat to help. Brady and the offense are the absolute last people anyone should be blaming for this loss.

Brady did not have a “bad game” whatsoever. He wasn’t A+ though.

I do think that busted coverage throw to Amendola was an easy touchdown if Brady didn’t underthrow it. Looks more egregious after the fact since the Pats got nothing on that drive and we lost by a score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back