PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zappe not claimed.

Speaking for myself and not @ScottishPatriots, I think the term "bagging groceries" is a metaphor for whatever comes next in life after a young guy gets cut. Do I think the Zappe is going to be bagging groceries? Selling Insurance? No. More specifically on McCoy's case, I am sure Colt will have a successful career in whatever is next, should he choose retirement.

Zappe got a bachelor's degree in marketing at Houston Baptist before transferring to Western Kentucky and studying for his masters in Sports and Recreation Science. While I have no idea for certain, Sports and Recreation Science sounds like a fancy term for playing football. Regardless, he got his marketing degree in less than four years, so he has that to fall back on. I am sure he won't be selling insurance, bagging groceries, or waiting tables for that matter, should his football career come to an end earlier than he would like.
And as long as we're going down this road, selling insurance can actually be a well-paying job. I've occassionally run into ex-NFL guys and they're doing stuff like this and making a perfectly good livable wage. Usually they're using the charm of being ex-NFL as a way to break the ice on making sales.

And as long as we're going down this road, selling insurance can actually be a well-paying job. I've occassionally run into ex-NFL guys and they're doing stuff like this and making a perfectly good livable wage. Usually they're using the charm of being ex-NFL as a way to break the ice on making sales.
I can tell you my insurance agent is doing quite well. ;)

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back