OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you a Zappaholic???

• Yes! He is the Patriots QB of the future!!!

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Not really but I will give him a chance

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • No Thank you

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • RLKAM

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters
Trey Lance is the 3rd string QB in Dallas.

Stop trying to polish a turd into a diamond.
So he's a turd? He's no good in your opinion? He'd be the starter in new England IMO we have no starting QB in my opinion. The guy who i thought was got best out by a back up. However gimmie Lance and some weapons I like my chances .

Zappe attitude seems in the right place. Confident of winning back starter role. I'd we can go back on a winning spree and have juju , Thornton and pop come back in form , things. Would get exciting next season.

I think it's in out best interest that zappe pans out. We really cannot afford a high pick QB next season.

Or the best thing that can pan out is the offense keeps us in all games ande
defense narrowly gets gassed out in end making us lose all 4 games by less than a score .

That way we are able to get Marvin Harrison at number 2 and build pieces around zappe.

If we are Zappaholic do we get some headwear like Mickey Mouse ears or Burger King crown? Asking for a friend.

When the 49ers went on the 3 game skid.. in those games defenses took away McCaffrey and Purdy looked like the 199th pick. Consequently they loss.
And the 49ers defense allowed 3 of the 4 highest point totals to opponents on the entire season. Consequently they lost.

Last edited:
So he's a turd? He's no good in your opinion? He'd be the starter in new England IMO we have no starting QB in my opinion. The guy who i thought was got best out by a back up. However gimmie Lance and some weapons I like my chances .
That's dumb.

Even if you think Zappe isn't the guy, the 49ers gave up on Lance after trading three first round draft picks for him.

Zappe has been acceptable at least. Lance was terrible. Good grief...

Last edited:
That's dumb.

Even if you think Zappe isn't the guy, the 49ers gave up on Lance after trading three first round draft picks for him.

Zappe has been acceptable at least. Lance was terrible. Good grief...
@archstanton543 all I can do is laugh at his post right now. Lol everyone sucks except zapp..

watching minshew put up similar stats to zappe vs the steelers. i'm now thinking the 1st half performance could've been fools gold.

hope i'm wrong. But today we will see.

Your poll didn’t really give a choice for a best answer. I like Zappe a lot …great poise….quick reads and gets the ball out fast (which is a must with our wet paper bag OL)….doesn't whine or ***** and moan…seems to be a decent leader and the players like and respect him …doesn’t make stupid decisions that often (unlike Mac)…and has proven that he can move the O down the field and score, make plays and Win. Do I believe he is the QB for the future?! As much as I like the kid…I don’t think he is that guy. But he may be and should have a good chance to compete with the next incoming QBs…..Time will tell …..but for now ….GO GET EM ZAPPE!!!!!

Once I breakdown the draft and determine the prospects I like, once the draft happens and they get assigned to their respective teams... what I thought about them as prospects goes out the window. All that matters from that point forward is how they play.

Zappe was a good QB prospect and a great prospect relative to where he was taken in the draft.

His senior year he passed for the most yards and TD's for a single season in college football history... passing Joe Burrow. He completed 69% of his passes, his QB Rating ranks a respectable 6th all-time for a single season.

He's only 6'1" tall but is a stocky 220 pounds. He was very accurate at the combine and tossed a 50 yard bomb that was right on time, so he has a fairly strong arm.

He was a good prospect... none of that matters now. All that matters is how he plays, and if he continues to improve going forward. Mac looked decent early, then took a flaming nose dive after teasing us with flashes of good for two years. Zappe has to grow each week and fix his mistakes. We need to see visible improvement and flashes of greatness.

What I can say about him so far in a very limited sample size is firstly, he runs a clean operation. Notice there haven't been a lot of penalties with him under center, there's not a lot of two receivers going in motion at the same time, there's not a lot of offensive lineman jumping offsides, there's no delay of game penalties. He has control of the huddle and there's not a lot of pre snap penalties like we saw with Mac.

There's also not a lot of free blitzes catching him unaware at the snap of the ball, he does a decent (not perfect) job of spotting pressure before the snap of the ball. He also moves well in the pocket and feels pressure. When he has been sacked it was the result of a lineman simply getting beat.

Lastly he has shown some touch on the ball, some zip on the ball, and more importantly having watched Mac for too long he seems to know when to employ both. He has zipped the ball into some tight windows, he has looked DB's off with head fakes, he shows some overall competence and checks it down when nothing is there... rather than take a coverage sack or make an ill advised throw like Mac did.

Here is Zappe so far:

3-1 record, 73-108 attempts, 67.6 completions, 878 yards, 6 TD's/2 INT's, 8.13 YPA, 103.1 QB Rating

Too small a sample size to make a definitive statement, but too good to say he sucks or can't be a potential starter eventually.

Some here are desperate to say "BB sucks" and has to go, so they don't want to admit this kid (a BB draftee) might turn out okay. An objective fan takes emotion out of it and judges each player on his own merits. I'm not a homer, I'm simply not a hater.
Good post overall here

Bailey got patriot of the week!

Somewhere Brady is punching the sky since he never got one
"When he's in that huddle, our confidence is through the roof," receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster said.
That is a damning verdict on all things Mac Jones. They had no confidence in the guy, and it showed on the field. It is that simple.

Last edited:

Bailey got patriot of the week!

Somewhere Brady is punching the sky since he never got one
I have to admit I laugh every time I hear about “Patriot of the Week.”

It is interesting that Bill chose to award Zappe and recognize him in front of the team. Does Bill really believe in the kid?

No, I said Lance sucked. That’s why the 49ers gave up on him.
Just having a lil fun with ya wozzy LOL.. I don't think Lance sucks. He will have another opportunity. Like Mac or Zapp if they can find a way to hang around in the NFL as a back up on teams can make a pretty good living .

I have to admit I laugh every time I hear about “Patriot of the Week.”

It is interesting that Bill chose to award Zappe and recognize him in front of the team. Does Bill really believe in the kid?
Zapp is playing with alot of confidence I'll say. Something Mac wasn't. I believe Bill was left with no choice but to play Zapp and give him and opportunity.

Zappy can perhaps as a backup win a few games ... like I thought he cannot elevate in response to defense game planning.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Anyone really want to see more of the smurf? I don't. Not really. He's not a starting QB in this league, period. Sounds like he was limping after the game anyway so sit him and let's see what Grier has vs Denver if he has anything at all. I also don't need to see more Jones, that ship sailed.

Anyone really want to see more of the smurf? I don't. Not really. He's not a starting QB in this league, period. Sounds like he was limping after the game anyway so sit him and let's see what Grier has vs Denver if he has anything at all. I also don't need to see more Jones, that ship sailed.
He has nothing. He's been on 4 teams in as many years.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back