PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Grier

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Posting this seriously ... Other than experience in the Patriot's system.
How is Grier not better than Zappe? He is taller ... fairly mobile which the team could use as a backup.

With the pocket collapsing Zappe looks like a grade school QB ... a smurf. Would Will at least be some competition for Mac ...
Zappe will never be competition and Mac needs to be pushed ... his attitude sucks. Sorry to the Zappites of the forum.
He played well in the Cowboys pre-season games ... very mature and confident.

i have never seen him play... couldn't say...

Well that was quick…Already done with Zappe and on to Grier? And I’ve been seeing folks call for Malik as well….

I’m not defending Mac, he’s completely broken and don’t think he’s ever coming back. And even if he did get himself sorted, his arm strength is just soo far what’s needed from an NFL QB.

But as a fan base, we sound pathetic trying to talk ourselves into any of these cast of clowns that our below average GM has pulled together.

Posting this seriously ... Other than experience in the Patriot's system.
How is Grier not better than Zappe? He is taller ... fairly mobile which the team could use as a backup.

With the pocket collapsing Zappe looks like a grade school QB ... a smurf. Would Will at least be some competition for Mac ...
Zappe will never be competition and Mac needs to be pushed ... his attitude sucks. Sorry to the Zappites of the forum.
He played well in the Cowboys pre-season games ... very mature and confident.
Zappe was competition for Mac last year, and Mac turned ultra conservative in his decision making basically playing not to lose. He didn't want to lose his job after his 3INT ankle game and the Bears INT. After he came back, his Yds/Att was 6.4, compared to 8.1 for the 1st 3 games.

I really believe Pats coaches have been coddling him... to the point that they told him at the beginning of the season... "Listen Corky... we really believe in you... what'll make you feel better so you won't go McEnroe on us? Cutting Zappe to show you our love? Sure - anything you want our dear Corklebug..."

We'll know our answer next week. Grier looked darn good in that last preseason game, but the 1st 2 he had some mistakes (2 INTs). There's probably a reason why he hasn't seen any regular season action since 2019 (0-2 as starter, 53.8% 0TD 4INT).

8:39

7:23 (This looks like Purdy's 1st INT in Reg Season 4/9 60yds mopup duty)

I for one don't want Zappe starting any games. Feels like we already know he's a dead end. Grier at least has some mystery and actual physical gifts to him.

Okay ... which one of you is Bedard ....
I was on it before you Greg ... at least throw me some mention.:whistle:

I have never seen Grier throw a pass. Or even take a snap/

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3