PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zappe not claimed.

Zappe turned away 7 waiver claims to stay, Bill has let him know in some way that he is wanted here for a role.
Zappe went unclaimed, if anyne had claimed him he would have had to go to them. He went unclaimed and then decided to re-sign with the Pats, so he might have had other offers to sign to other teams practice squads, but nobody claimed me to be on their 53 man roster.

I agree with most of what you said.

It was not "a few". It was 7 which is 23% of the league. 23% of the league is not a few. Too bad you have to exaggerate.

BB did not basically say Zappe sucks. Too bad you have to frequently go off the deep end. You could have easily said that BB thinks at this point in his career that Zappe is a JAG and replaceable. No reason to insult players.
7 teams along with the rest of the league who didn't think he was worth a spot on the 53 man roster.

Amazing how many people are willing to gobble up that spin, Bill thinks he sucks, 31 teams think he sucks, the league is starving for competent quarterbacking and nobody wanted him even as a backup for nothing.

That's as close to being completely worthless until you're bagging groceries, a 4th round pick a year ago for free available to the whole league and not one team interested.

7 teams along with the rest of the league who didn't think he was worth a spot on the 53 man roster.

Amazing how many people are willing to gobble up that spin, Bill thinks he sucks, 31 teams think he sucks, the league is starving for competent quarterbacking and nobody wanted him even as a backup for nothing.

That's as close to being completely worthless until you're bagging groceries, a 4th round pick a year ago for free available to the whole league and not one team interested.

Clearly Zappe is a NFL JAG at this point in his career. That is not comparable to bagging groceries. You always need to exaggerate for some reason.

Poor Zappe ...

Can a player really refuse a waiver claim? That would be like a player refusing to go the team that drafted him.
Yes, by retiring.

That's great to know at how much Bill sucks at drafting/developing QBs. So glad this sucky QB is back on our team. :thumbsup:

Zappe wasn't in demand at all, media spin.

He was so in demand 31 teams refused to sign him to their roster and a few offered him a spot on their practice squad, that's about as far away from demand as you can possibly be.

That's on the verge of being out of the league, also Bill didn't "know what he was doing" he just didn't care if he was claimed or not.

You don't expose anyone you think is valuable to the entire league, he basically said Zappe sucks and the whole league knows it so if no one signs him then we'll stick him on the practice squad and hope to get a better backup and if we can't get one as a last resort we might have to make Zappe the backup again.
LOL. You guys really can't help yourselves, can you? Zappe is the backup and Cunningham is 3rd QB. Bill is not bringing in another QB to take up another roster spot when he did the icky shuffle just to get both Zappe and Cunnigham on the practice squad.

This will all make for a great story/documentary when Zappe’s HoF career ends.

Claiming a QB and having to place him on the 53 when he not familiar with your system is tough unless you believe he will an better than avg QB in time. I have never thought Zappe would be a too 15 WH in the league.

Nope.
The rest of the league didn't think he was going to become, in time, appreciably better than their 2nd and 3rd string QB's. You don't bring a 2nd year QB onto your roster unless you think you've gotten a steal. The time to get him up to speed means he's basically useless to you for months, and the job of the backups is to be ready from the first snap of the first game. You don't blow up your own prep of your own guy unless the person you are replacing him with has a significantly higher ceiling.

Clearly Zappe is a NFL JAG at this point in his career. That is not comparable to bagging groceries. You always need to exaggerate for some reason.
It kinda is. He's 1 step above bagging groceries on the PS. We can try to spin it all we want, but 7 teams wanted him on the PS, the other 25 were willing to let the guy be their new insurance agent. I think the guy is below a JAG at this point, from my desk anyway. Fitzmagic was a JAG. Gardiner Minishew is a JAG. Zappe is a practice player, as of right now. He could be on the 53 tomorrow, and he could be asking if you want fries with that tomorrow.
Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Does Zap really deserve all of this attention?
He does and he doesn't.

You have the Zappatos of the board who think he is better than Mac. They are out to lunch.

You have others who think he is a capable backup who are surprised they cut him without a clear solution (like me). That's newsworthy IMO

At the end of the day the team felt he wasnt a keeper which everyone should agree with.

I think too many fans are judging him on the surface and what they saw this pre season .
Yes I would rather have a veteran #2 to help with the game plan of the game.
However the Patriots are not interested in Foles or Wentz.

Zappe's game right now is not a fit for Obie's schemes ... that's all it is.
He is neither a pocket passer or RPO .... his accuracy is mediocre and weak armed for shorter passes.
He was a good fit for Patrcia's high school schemes but an eager hard working leaner for here.

If Mac goes down without a veteran #2 we are ****ed anyways .... so for now Zappe is good enough.
Who knows, there is still a possibility a trade might happen at some point ... our 53 is always a conveyor belt.

I think too many fans are judging him on the surface and what they saw this pre season .

He is neither a pocket passer or RPO .... his accuracy is mediocre and weak armed for shorter passes.
He was a good fit for Patrcia's high school schemes but an eager hard working leaner for here.

If Mac goes down without a veteran #2 we are ****ed anyways .... so for now Zappe is good enough.
I'd like them to take a peek at Nick Foles.

I am not sure how anyone can judge if he is a fit when he played with the 2s and 3s. I still thought his pocket presence and movement/feel in the pocket was better than Mac.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back