PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your expectations next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
A QB that doesn't look like a friggin rookie in the playoffs.

12-4. Losses to broncos,skins,jets,and fins. And super bowl win. Putting in my season predictions early. #3 seed in the afc have to win some on the road this year. Patriots Super Bowl 46 Champs baby!

At this point I just hope there's a season. Then I'll make my predictions after free-agency and the draft.

A QB that doesn't look like a friggin rookie in the playoffs.

I hear ya, just like that 2nd year back-up QB with zilch playoff experience that guided his team to their first ever SB. I forget his name?:rolleyes:

I hear ya, just like that 2nd year back-up QB with zilch playoff experience that guided his team to their first ever SB. I forget his name?:rolleyes:

Ya, like the one who readied himself for the real football season that starts after the holidays, rather than the one who puts his tux on to go see Lombardi on Broadway. Ya the one who had the drive and desire to WIN.

Ya, like the one who readied himself for the real football season that starts after the holidays, rather than the one who puts his tux on to go see Lombardi on Broadway. Ya the one who had the drive and desire to WIN.

Ok I'll play. If you are indeed serious then what would you suggest the Pats do with Brady and the QB position?:rolleyes:

Too soon to have any.

Don't know how the Pats roster will look. Don't know how the rosters of the teams we compete with will look. Don't even know if there will be a 2011 season at this point.
Yeah, I agree. Without knowing what happens in contract negotiations, free agency, the draft, and CBA negotiations it's really tough to say what expectations are for next year right now.

Based on what we do know - the current players, who is under contract, their ages, etcetera, realistically my expectations are much higher than they were heading into the 2010 season.

Now does that mean I expect them to go 14-2 or better? No. Frankly, I think expecting a team to have that many wins is never a realistic expectation. Sure I want them to do that well, but there's a difference between what I'm hoping for and what I realistically expect them to do.

I would say right now my expectation is that they will be a better team next year than they were this year - even if I don't expect them to go 14-2.

I expect to make the playoffs.

How far we make it depends on free agency and how the draft goes.

Win the division. Lose in the playoffs. Jets in the AFCCG. :eek:

How about we dumb down our scheme during the regular season and then step it up right before or during the playoffs? You know. Catch teams off guard. I just want us to win a SB.

I agree..............

My expectations are the same as every year...try and make the playoffs...even as a #6 seed

We all see that the distance between the 1st and 6th seed has been narrowed greatly the past couple of years and other than a week off and the overated HFA it does not matter.

As long as you bring your best effort to the opponents stadium it does not matter if you have rested or not...if you are hot you will win or at least be very close,the fans yelling means nothing when its do or die.

The days of HFA being a dominant thing are over and done with.

Just be good enough to get the #6 seed is all any fan with proper perspective should wish for and if its more great....if not,just be glad you are in the tournament.

Make the playoffs and go from there. I work with a LOT of Bills fans and they would Love to be in our position every year.

Being at the top of the league means nothing, if you haven't noticed any wc team can beat the crap out of us no matter what it seems. Unless we get a ton of vets and someone tough it won't change

Not sure why you say it has to be vets and not sure it needs to be tons. The guys on the team are maturing and you have 2 returning vets in Tiny and Bodden and I am sure a vet or two will be brought in. We need the right compliments, I would not say we need tons of anything.

Being at the top of the league means little come playoff time but offseason on paper us being at the top of the league means that we have a precieved smaller gap to close to be the top and not just at the top. And it is my opinion that with another solid draft that this team should be right back on the track from this year and hopefully even better.

Sure my 19-0/21-0 is pie in the sky but it is based on the reality that this team should be one of the best in the league and should be able to put up a record close to the 14-3 from this season. And I would rather my pie in the sky approach to your doom and gloom we need tons of Vets and someone tough.

Last edited:
21-0......

Last edited:
To go farther than this year.

The days of HFA being a dominant thing are over and done with.

Based on what? Super Bowl match-ups, the last decade...

2000: #1 vs #4
2001: #1 vs #2
2002: #1 vs #1
2003: #1 vs #3
2004: #1 vs #1
2005: #1 vs #6
2006: #1 vs #3
2007: #1 vs #5
2008: #2 vs #4
2009: #1 vs #1

A #1 seed has made the Super Bowl 9/10 years and a team with a bye week has made it all 10. It's an absolutely huge advantage and the results back that up.

The Patriots have won all 3 of their SBs with a bye week and two of them with the #1 seed.

Last edited:
All I know is that I don't want to be dominating next year. Lately it seems that when we are considered "dominating" we fail most epicly. I'd like to go 11-5/12-4, squeek by some really good teams in the playoffs, and then go in to the SB being the underdog and pulling off the win. F this whole "Pats to win the SB!" while the season is still going on stuff. It sucks!

Close this thread and reopen it in May when we can actually have a useful discussion about it. There is absolutely no way to judge next year's team at this point.

All I know is that I don't want to be dominating next year. Lately it seems that when we are considered "dominating" we fail most epicly. I'd like to go 11-5/12-4, squeek by some really good teams in the playoffs, and then go in to the SB being the underdog and pulling off the win. F this whole "Pats to win the SB!" while the season is still going on stuff. It sucks!

Really this whole idea that 14-2 is not what we want next year is laughable it seems what people on this board want is a record that puts them in the playoffs so they can hope for a SB but also have they record be bad enough that they can temper their enthusiasm so they are better braced for the loss.

Look guys you cant have it both ways either we compete year in and year out and there will be some tough losses or we dont compete and your the lions (no offense meant as they may be up and coming).

And because of our history if we have a good regular season even 10-6 or so we would likely be considered favorites or very small dogs. As long as Bill and Brady are here we will never get back to that us against the world, everyone disrecpecting us mode again. Use this year as an example we were the young team that was a year or two away when the year started but that thought pattern ended pretty quick and by the end of the year we were SB favorites to win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case