PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your expectations next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting it out there now that this season has gone down the drain!!!What are your expectations next year?The bar was set high with this 14-2 season.You will get Leigh Bodden, Ty Warren back.You might add pieces to the DL and the OL through the draft.
For me its AFC championship game or bust!!!!!!

Need pass rushers (and depth there as well)...one of the reasons we lost against jests was due to injuries to DL....and because we had hardly ANY pressure on sancheese. Need to REBUILD the OL around Mankins...sign him! Koppen, light kaczur all need to go...neal will retire....vollmer and connelly will be back......draft will be heavy on OL and DL. Need to go after FA WR that can stretch the field (maybe Fitzgerald?....and then draft a few top shelf WR prospects....it seems pretty obvious that Tate is a bust and don't see him here next year....price should get more playing time...Lastly, need to take a look at secondary....bodden will be back....mccourty is awesome....Chung is solid....butler seems to be a bust...arrington showed some stuff but not sure about him....
And....Brady has to step up his play in playoffs...can't get as flustered as he has been in the big games...
If all of the above happen.....We should get back to the SB!

Need pass rushers (and depth there as well)...one of the reasons we lost against jests was due to injuries to DL....and because we had hardly ANY pressure on sancheese. Need to REBUILD the OL around Mankins...sign him! Koppen, light kaczur all need to go...neal will retire....vollmer and connelly will be back......draft will be heavy on OL and DL. Need to go after FA WR that can stretch the field (maybe Fitzgerald?....and then draft a few top shelf WR prospects....it seems pretty obvious that Tate is a bust and don't see him here next year....price should get more playing time...Lastly, need to take a look at secondary....bodden will be back....mccourty is awesome....Chung is solid....butler seems to be a bust...arrington showed some stuff but not sure about him....
And....Brady has to step up his play in playoffs...can't get as flustered as he has been in the big games...
If all of the above happen.....We should get back to the SB!

I am going to take this as someone who is still bitter over the loss because there is a lot in their I dont agree with. Light gone Connolly can stay (I hope you at least want a new starter instead and only keep in for back up? Tate gone but Price needs more playing time? Giving up on Butler already?

I am all for improving at any position but I am not going throw out guys from this team just for the sake of doing it. Example I am all for another year of Light and Koppen but if we can find guys who are better than I am OK with that. I think we would be better served replacing RG on the O-line and bringing back Vollmer, Mankins, Light, and Koppen (with Koppen being the most replaceable IMO).

As far as Butler is concerned I have seen more than enough from him for him to be competing for nickle and dime roles. I think Bodden and McCourty would have to be front runners for starters.

As far as the WR. I am all for bringing in one top flight WR to compliment Welker and Branch better but in no means do I want to give up on Tate to do so. Since you said Fitz and that sounds fun lets use him as that top flight guy. Fitz, Branch with Welker in the slot seems great after that having guys like Edelman and Tate is great because they are threats on their own just not polished recievers. I have not seen enough of Price to have an opinion certainly he could turn out to be better than Edelman and Tate but that would be a training camp decision.

My offseason wish list goes like this.
1) OLB - I think the time is now to get the OLB depth where the ILB depth is and with Cunningham and Tully it shouldn't be hard to do we need our stud for this position like we have Mayo as the Stud on the inside. This IMO will do so much for the D as a whole by getting someone who can set an edge well and rush the passer.
2) RB - I love Woodhead and BJGE but I want to get teams to fear this position again and the thought of BJGE style coming in after a team has been tired out by a stud is great and Woodheads style is unique and complimentary.
3) OL - I dont think there are specifc needs on either OL or DL but I think depth is needed and the future is needed. With Tiny rejoining the DL it made OL seem more urgent to me not to mention that of the 8 starters on DL and OL I would say Connolly is probably the weakest.
4) DL - I am assuming Gerrard Warren returns and then I am happy with Warren Wilfork Warren with Pryor, Wright, and Brace as primary back ups. That being said I would be all for drafting a DL high as I think we need a young future stud but I think the return of Tiny and resigning Gerrard would be enough veteran pressance on the position.
5) WR - I think like most positions on this team it is pretty deep but we could use someone that Ds fear which was lost with the Moss departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back