PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are posted as the #2 likely suspect for Lamar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Cousins......as of today, Lamar wants a trade and some handicappers have the Pats only second to the Colts as possible trade partners. Then...I think we are fine with what we have in WR inventory right now and Henry and Gesicki will have all the "Andrews" numbers. Then we won't need much more at WR. Now if that happened you'd better get more O Line suspects and pronto.

I think Mac and #14 should be sufficient to get the deal done with maybe a 3rd in 2024 pending games started. No 1st in 2024 if we give up Mac.

Here is the dilemma for the Ravens. The Colts have no ready QB but a juicy #4. Well guess what....the best two QB's will be gone and the third best might be a couple years away. Mac has had one good year and one crap year. But he can start for the Ravens and a hunt for a QB drama does not have to happen for that Team.

If you were the Ravens, would Mac and #14 appease you with a high pick next year pending games played?

Minus QB's in the equation , are not the Patriots the better Team on paper? I think they are. Hasn't Lamar held the personnel choices at gun point this off-season for the Ravens? Their hands are tied with only $6mm in CAP space and they need $4mm for Draft picks. Trading Lamar gives them wiggle room to add some pieces.

The Colts O Line last year was horrid at 60 sacks nearing the Broncos disaster at 63. We were pretty crappy but only 41 and we will be better in 2023. I am not the biggest Lamar fan but as Felger says (I am not a Fan there either) Lamar "makes us relevant again". We might be the better fit if Lamar has the say.

Previous BB quote:"Without a doubt," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said when asked if Jackson has answered questions about his abilities in the pocket. "It's the type of the player, the MVP type of candidate. I think he's more than answered them. But, we'll see what his contract is, that will answer them."

We had Cam so this is not foreign to BB.

O.K....Lay it on me.....

DW Toys

I think Jackson is too much of a risk given his injury history, playing style, and what the Patriots would have to give up for him in terms of draft trade and guarantee money. The guy hasn't played a full season since 2018. He might be like RGIII and injure himself out of the league.

If he wasn't looking for a fully guaranteed contract, I would say do it. But if he wants something like $250 million fully guaranteed, I say pass.

BTW, I think Lamar wants to go to any team that will pay him $250 million guaranteed. That call probably was placed to about 25-27 other teams.
So we are going to pay a qb 250 million guarenteed give up 2 first round picks not to mention we spent a first round pick on mac jones so that would be three first round picks...and also we had the goat for 20 years taking home town discounts???? yeah right i can see them doing that ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cousins......as of today, Lamar wants a trade and some handicappers have the Pats only second to the Colts as possible trade partners. Then...I think we are fine with what we have in WR inventory right now and Henry and Gesicki will have all the "Andrews" numbers. Then we won't need much more at WR. Now if that happened you'd better get more O Line suspects and pronto.

I think Mac and #14 should be sufficient to get the deal done with maybe a 3rd in 2024 pending games started. No 1st in 2024 if we give up Mac.

Here is the dilemma for the Ravens. The Colts have no ready QB but a juicy #4. Well guess what....the best two QB's will be gone and the third best might be a couple years away. Mac has had one good year and one crap year. But he can start for the Ravens and a hunt for a QB drama does not have to happen for that Team.

If you were the Ravens, would Mac and #14 appease you with a high pick next year pending games played?

Minus QB's in the equation , are not the Patriots the better Team on paper? I think they are. Hasn't Lamar held the personnel choices at gun point this off-season for the Ravens? Their hands are tied with only $6mm in CAP space and they need $4mm for Draft picks. Trading Lamar gives them wiggle room to add some pieces.

The Colts O Line last year was horrid at 60 sacks nearing the Broncos disaster at 63. We were pretty crappy but only 41 and we will be better in 2023. I am not the biggest Lamar fan but as Felger says (I am not a Fan there either) Lamar "makes us relevant again". We might be the better fit if Lamar has the say.

Previous BB quote:"Without a doubt," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said when asked if Jackson has answered questions about his abilities in the pocket. "It's the type of the player, the MVP type of candidate. I think he's more than answered them. But, we'll see what his contract is, that will answer them."

We had Cam so this is not foreign to BB.

O.K....Lay it on me.....

DW Toys
J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

So we are going to pay a qb 250 million guarenteed give up 2 first round picks not to mention we spent a first round pick on mac jones so that would be three first round picks...and also we had the goat for 20 years taking home town discounts???? yeah right i can see them doing that ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, if the Pats sent Jones in terms of compensation, it would not be with two first round picks. Jones would be sent instead of one of the two first rounders.

But Jackson wants Watson's contract. If he would take less in guarantees, he would have resigned with the Ravens. But the Ravens don't feel confident that he can stay at an elite level (or close to it) for four or five years. Why should the Pats feel that way?

Pass.

Injury concerns, inaccuracy, lack of playoff / big game success.

If they grab him, I’ll cheer and I’m certain there’ll be more than a few ooooh and ahhhh plays, but I hope it doesn’t happen.

I think Jackson is too much of a risk given his injury history, playing style, and what the Patriots would have to give up for him in terms of draft trade and guarantee money. The guy hasn't played a full season since 2018. He might be like RGIII and injure himself out of the league.

If he wasn't looking for a fully guaranteed contract, I would say do it. But if he wants something like $250 million fully guaranteed, I say pass.
Mac will lead us nowhere and Brady ain’t walking through that door. Gotta take a chance sometimes.

The guy hasn't played a full season since 2018.

But if he wants something like $250 million fully guaranteed, I say pass.
Your first quoted sentence is pretty misleading. He missed one game in 2018 when he sat out the last game because they had already clinched the bye. He missed one game in 2019 when he was on the reserve/covid list. However, because of his injuries the last 2 years I strongly agree with "pass"

I would take Lamar on the Pats in a split second. Giving up assets to then sign him to a (likely) record-breaking contract when you could have had him in the draft would be a bad look, but optics be damned if it means competing for another SB.

Lamar is the only elite QB people are scrambling to come up with reasons not to sign. Sign the beast

Does anyone think Kraft is going to allow BB to sign a contract for $250M guaranteed? Kraft says it is BB decision. Wink wink.

Kraft is not a cheap owner, but clearly not a big spender either. There is no way the Pats risk the whole franchise and Kraft's business model on a running QB who has been injured the last two years.

Patsfans.com pre Jackson: "He's so overrated! He can't throw and he's just a running back".

Patsfans.com post trade for Jackson: "Wow, what a move by Bill! He's a top QB in this league. Did you see what he did in 2019? He'll be amazing here!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3