PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Title edited] OP theorizes about Pats signing Lamar and wants to discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabidfireweasel

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
While I think it more likely than not that Lamar winds up staying with the Ravens, after they choose to match the offer sheet, I think it is a possibility (probably about 10-15%) that the Patriots make Lamar an offer. 2 Firsts for an MVP QB who is only 26 (about 2 years older than Mac) is not an unbearable price. Bill O’Brien has had success with Deshaun Watson and Bryce Young, and can call and design read option plays. Bill wants to win now, they have cap space, and this is probably their best chance to get an elite QB. QB’s that run mean you can have lesser wr’s because more eyes need to be on the QB.

NE could structure a deal that is less cap friendly up front (paying out more, faster in signing bonus and first two years against the cap) that might be more attractive to Lamar and make it harder for the Ravens to match,

It is a long-shot, but I think it a long-shot worth watching- certainly more than the Tee Higgins nonsense.

Last edited:
I can not understand why they would consider making any offer.

I can not understand why they would consider making any offer.
All the moves the Pats have made this off season so far have been with an eye towards trying to get Mac on the right track. Why waste 2 firsts and not address WR and OT? Makes no sense for the Pats.

So Belichick is going to give up 2 first round picks to pay a guy who struggles to throw outside the numbers 50+ million per year?

All the moves the Pats have made this off season so far have been with an eye towards trying to get Mac on the right track. Why waste 2 firsts and not address WR and OT? Makes no sense for the Pats.

We would have to assume they receive a late first for Mac to soften the blow.

But still not the direction they should be going in.

1678320230831.gif
1678320244303.gif

Shouldn’t a thread about Lamar-Patriots rumors contain at least one rumor from a predictably sh*tty source? Can someone help the OP out by checking Moe Chanel’s and Justin Ramos’ recent tweets? Or maybe that dude Simon Charles, who lists a PhD in both Journalism and Female Anatomy on his twitter bio?

Mods….little help here? Maybe merge with the franchise tag thread?

All reports state he wants the contract to be fully guaranteed like Watsons. Kraft would never do that. I wouldn’t be surprised if the NFL owners had a meeting agreeing that no other fully guaranteed contracts will be handed out, then 31 owners all look at the Browns owner.

So Belichick is going to give up 2 first round picks to pay a guy who struggles to throw outside the numbers 50+ million per year?
I doubt this is happening but this hasn't been true since his college/rookie year. He's improved to one of the better passers outside the numbers actually.

And @Patsgofor4 is right. We should wait for a real rumor before getting my **** hard.

View attachment 50314
View attachment 50316

Shouldn’t a thread about Lamar-Patriots rumors contain at least one rumor from a predictably sh*tty source? Can someone help the OP out by checking Moe Chanel’s and Justin Ramos’ recent tweets? Or maybe that dude Simon Charles, who lists a PhD in both Journalism and Female Anatomy on his twitter bio?

Mods….little help here? Maybe merge with the franchise tag thread?
It's harmless. Might be a step below OK! but your point is taken.

Where’s the rumor…?

He has maybe 2-3 MVP regular seasons left. Then his legs are gone. Because as a QB that's a runner, he can't do what RBs do...take plays off. So, sure, he can be great. If you think you're one playmaking QB away from a Super Bowl...maybe. But I would not give him a long-term deal. 4 years would be borderline, even for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3