PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your expectations next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I just want them to win a playoff game.

We are capable of anything from 15-1 down to 11-5 IMO ... we're in the mix again.

You can all say what you want now, but come August, the excitement level will be as high as 2007, assuming there is a season.

By the way, since the NFL reordered the draft based on playoff finish, would it kill them to start doing the same with scheduling? For the second straight year, the Patriots finish ahead of the Jets yet play a tougher schedule.

Pats play Colts and Steelers. Jets play Jaguars and Ravens. So if the Jets win the Super Bowl, they still get a cake walk?

My expectations are for what Kraft and Belichick promised us and continually deliver. A competitive team. Which some of you seem to have decided meant a Lombardi season every year. Which of course is something they never promised or expected because they have an appreciation for all the variables involved and they aren't foolish...

Too soon to have any.

Don't know how the Pats roster will look. Don't know how the rosters of the teams we compete with will look. Don't even know if there will be a 2011 season at this point.

Last edited:
The entire team has a set back... You don't get called out for being pu##ies and then having the team come in and make you look scared to be on the field the whole night...

This loss should be very embarrasing for them,. I see them with a major set back, 10-6, Jets win the division, people start claiming the end of the Patriots Era. We then lose some key defense players to the young defense at the end of the year, as we start all over trying to gel a defense in transition as we have since 06. Then in 12, were back in the mix, only to be let down in the playoffs again.

I honestly do not see another ring for Brady now... I think this was the last straw... If he can't get up for this game... what can he get up for in the future..??

I'm not sure why everyone is down on this patriots team. Yes, that was a horrible loss, but lets be realistic, the pat's had no business going 14-2 this season. We should be as good if not BETTER next season, we are in great shape for the draft and will fix the area's that need fixing. There is no need to panic, I am sure that the pats will come back next season as the CLASS of the AFC and probably the NFL. BB is not going to let this loss go and he will remind his players what it means to be a player for the patriots.

Just getting it out there now that this season has gone down the drain!!!What are your expectations next year?The bar was set high with this 14-2 season.You will get Leigh Bodden, Ty Warren back.You might add pieces to the DL and the OL through the draft.
For me its AFC championship game or bust!!!!!!

Will there be a next year?

Expectations will be high, no reason theoretically for this team to get worse barring injuries.

One more year means improvement at every position on this team except C, LT, and QB, especially with a playoff appearance and 14 win season under their belts. Of the 3 exceptions, the QB is still in his prime though and among the best in the league, if not the best. 8 picks in the top 4 rounds. Hopeful return of Leigh Bodden and Ty Warren. Super Bowl or bust IMO

If the Pats are going to fold in the playoffs like the past few years, I'd rather see them have a bad record and instead get a high draft pick.

The entire team has a set back... You don't get called out for being pu##ies and then having the team come in and make you look scared to be on the field the whole night...

This loss should be very embarrasing for them,. I see them with a major set back, 10-6, Jets win the division, people start claiming the end of the Patriots Era. We then lose some key defense players to the young defense at the end of the year, as we start all over trying to gel a defense in transition as we have since 06. Then in 12, were back in the mix, only to be let down in the playoffs again.

I honestly do not see another ring for Brady now... I think this was the last straw... If he can't get up for this game... what can he get up for in the future..??

Your right. Go root for the Jaguars. That should be a lot less disappointing for you. Lower expectations only exceeded by abyssmal results.

I wonder how long those walls with formers pictures will remain empty and if the walls remain bare for several more years how many bandwagoners will empty out and move on to more successful teams in the road ahead.

Sometimes losing consistently in the playoff starts weeding out the fans who jumped aboard in 2001 and are ready to jump back off...it may take a few more years but I am betting if the one and done continues we will see some so called fans in here disappear and move on.

And sometimes a bad thing can turn out somewhat good...a few dissapointing finishes will slowly get rid of the fakers who thought this domination in the league would last forever.

Last edited:
I think we'll be a playoff team. I'd rather be a lower seed since it seems like the team plays better when they are underdogs.

to win just 1 playoff game...screw 2 or 3..we need to go in baby steps here

I can't believe all the haters on this forum.....seriously, whoever said go be a jaguars fan, I agree 100% with you.....

maybe we can go 10-6 or 11-5 and just be studs in the playoffs....other then going 16-0 and 14-2 and having nothing to show for it...

My expectations are for what Kraft and Belichick promised us and continually deliver. A competitive team. Which some of you seem to have decided meant a Lombardi season every year. Which of course is something they never promised or expected because they have an appreciation for all the variables involved and they aren't foolish...

Gotta bump this post..... Well said, Sir

Buffalo will finish higher than the Patriots next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back