PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yet another Brady argument thread

Paying a 43 year old qb probably isn’t smart but they were willing to. He chose to leave.
Not based on all reports, you can find me the matching offer to Tampa if you’d like.

So if I told you the founder/creator and runner of OTC disagrees with you, what would you say?
I’d read what he said and judge it. The fact that he compiles numbers doesn’t make his opinion any better than anyone else’s.

I’d read what he said and judge it. The fact that he compiles numbers doesn’t make his opinion any better than anyone else’s.
So you’re saying it’s a reliable source, until it disagrees with you. Considering it tracks all dollar transactions, contracts, cap hits over a span of years, I’d say their data is as good as anybody’s

Not based on all reports, you can find me the matching offer to Tampa if you’d like.
You already posted in numerous times. In fact it was more. He left for less money and the same number of years.

You already posted in numerous times. In fact it was more. He left for less money and the same number of years.
Damn, still stuck on not understanding the value of guarantees. Sucks to be like this

So you’re saying it’s a reliable source, until it disagrees with you. Considering it tracks all dollar transactions, contracts, cap hits over a span of years
No I said very clearly it is reliable in compiling numbers but that doesn’t make its opinion better than anyone else. Said it clearly.

No I said very clearly it is reliable in compiling numbers but that doesn’t make its opinion better than anyone else. Said it clearly.
How would reading you the data, in which they complied reliably for years, be an opinion? They understand the cap, correct?

Damn, still stuck on not understanding the value of guarantees. Sucks to be like this
You are the only one who says the guarantee mattered.
The second year of a 2 year contract for a franchise QB with no replacement in site is de facto guaranteed any way. Brady knows that.

How would reading you the data, in which they complied reliably for years, be an opinion? They understand the cap, correct?
I have no clue what you are trying to say.

You are the only one who says the guarantee mattered.
The second year of a 2 year contract for a franchise QB with no replacement in site is de facto guaranteed any way. Brady knows that.
Projection

I have no clue what you are trying to say.
A cap tracking site telling you about cap spending isn’t really opinion, is it?

A cap tracking site telling you about cap spending isn’t really opinion, is it?
That would depend on what you are referring to.

Projection
No it’s reality.

Reason Brady would need a guarantee. All would have to be true
1) he plays horrible and no one wants him as a qb in 2021 but he wants to collect a paycheck
2) patriots decide to take a dead money hit and have no Qb
3) no team wants him
4) he plays so bad he can’t get his broadcasting contract
5) some dude in pats fans made up that it’s important to him

No it’s reality.

Reason Brady would need a guarantee. All would have to be true
1) he plays horrible and no one wants him as a qb in 2021 but he wants to collect a paycheck
2) patriots decide to take a dead money hit and have no Qb
3) no team wants him
4) he plays so bad he can’t get his broadcasting contract
5) some dude in pats fans made up that it’s important to him
6) injury ruins his 2020 season and team has Total control of his 2021 season
7) number of reasons where the team decides they don’t want him as their qb at a 25 million in year 2. Like revis

OTC no longer reliable. Glad I set you up for that one
I’m sure the numbers are right but they don’t mean what you think they mean.

I’m sure the numbers are right but they don’t mean what you think they mean.
Read his thread, him and the numbers are right, based on the fact that it’s one of the most reliable cap sites in the world

“but I cant see any way that the team was salary cap constrained.”

6) injury ruins his 2020 season and team has Total control of his 2021 season
7) number of reasons where the team decides they don’t want him as their qb at a 25 million in year 2. Like revis
So you think (and you are the only one arguing guarantees about Brady) that Tom Brady left the patriots because he wants to be paid an extra year if he has a career ending injury or he is afraid he will suck and no one will want him.
Remarkable. You need to give Brady more credit

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back