PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Brady debate

This weapons thing is ridiculous.

Every QB needs weapons to have "it".

2018 was the corpse of Gronk and Edelman as his primary targets

2019 we know what happened...

Look at all the top QBs from 18-21 and tell me which one doesn't have elite weapons?

The game requires at least 2 great weapons to win in today's game

Last Superbowl Champions

21- Kupp/OBJ
20- Evans/Godwin/Brown
19- Hill/Kelce
18- Gronk/Edelman
17- Jeffrey/Ertz
16- Edelman/Bennett
15- Thomas/Decker/Thomas
14- Gronk/Edelman
Yup.

Even Alex Smith was a great QB with the Chiefs including two huge blowout wins against us. Not because he really was great but look at who he had to work with and it's not hard to figure out why.

The evidence is overwhelming that Brady is being propped up in Tampa because of his receivers.
Literally no one believes that. I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt and say you don't truly believe it either. You're just busting balls. Must be. The only other conclusion is you suffer from significant cognitive impairment. In which case you have my sympathy.

The evidence is overwhelming that Brady is being propped up in Tampa because of his receivers.
The same receivers that couldn't prop up Jameis Winston now are propping up Brady?

Robert Smith never played in a Super Bowl.

Take Brady off the 2020 Bucs they miss the playoffs just like they did the year before. 7-9 without him, champs with him. The proof is right there. They add Brady and they won it all. In 2021 injuries and AB losing his mind put them in a bad spot and yet they were still just one defensive breakdown away from likely repeating. Take Brady off that 2021 team and they miss the playoffs. That's what happened to NE when Brady left. 12-4 to 7-9 with almost the same offense except for QB.

You talk up Montana and he wasn't close to the same guy without his weapons on SF. His best weapons in KC were a past his prime Marcus Allen and Willie Davis. 8th and 14th scoring offenses there.

Sorry, I meant malcolm smith - the no name seattle LB who won the SB MVP in 2013. The point is that SB MVP does not mean you are an all-star.

Yes, the Bucs won by adding Brady. But that alone wouldn't have won them the SB. It was the addition of Brady AND Gronk, Brown, and Fournette (all of whom played a major role in the SB) that made the difference. Brady recognized that he couldn't win with the team that Tampa had alone so he ended up recruiting a bunch all stars.

The only point I've been making about montana is in terms of clutchness. I never said Montana made a bunch of scrubs into all stars. But he did win 2 super bowls with a receiving corps that was less than ideal (in 1981 and 1984).

So was Robert Smith.

Weren't you the one who insisted that Brady "single handedly" won the SB for the Bucs? Great. Then why didn't he repeat in 2021. Injuries, you say? Then I guess Brady didn't single handedly win it after all. He needed his top receivers (Godwin, Brown) who weren't in the playoffs.

See 2018 and 2019, when his receiving corps was bad and he did not play well. Even if he took the team to the SB, it was the defense and running game that won it.

The evidence is overwhelming that Brady is being propped up in Tampa because of his receivers. You don't go from 24 TDs to 40 TDs for no reason. Even Brady recognized that he needed weapons and he bolted. He himself stated that one of the most important factors in choosing a new team was the talent level.
See 2013 when his receiving corps was bad and he did not play well.

Its almost like NFL QBs, of any age, need functional NFL players to throw to.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back