PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yet another Brady argument thread

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Bill forced Brady out so he didn't get a dignified exit. I'd have no problem seeing Kraft show Bill the door now. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. It's about the players and Bill has failed recently. I think his age has caught up to him.

@1960Pats the only reason you want Bill out right now is because he didn't hold onto your precious Tommy. If Brady stayed and the Pats were equally as bad from 2020-2022 as they were in real life, you would have no problem keeping Bill.

@1960Pats the only reason you want Bill out right now is because he didn't hold onto your precious Tommy. If Brady stayed and the Pats were equally as bad from 2020-2022 as they were in real life, you would have no problem keeping Bill.
They wouldnt have been, because they never were

They wouldnt have been, because they never were

Great, so Brady would have added 2-3 more wins and multiple playoff exits had he stayed...big deal. Unless Bill traded for Evans and Godwin and kept Gronk and Brown, the team was going nowhere with Brady from 2020-2022...

Great, so Brady would have added 2-3 more wins and multiple playoff exits had he stayed...big difference. Unless Bill traded for Evans and Godwin and kept Gronk and Brown, the team was going nowhere with Brady...
A few things
1- You didnt say that originally, that was a goal post move
2- They had plenty of room in 2021 to build a roster that they wanted...Bradys deal was cheap, not sure how people dont realize this yet
3- They have won super bowls without all of the people you mentioned in this post, but carry on

3- They have won super bowls without all of the people you mentioned in this post, but carry on

When Brady was in his prime. As 2019 and 2022 showed you, he's just not effective past age 40 without those weapons I mentioned. There's a reason he went to Tampa and recruited AB, Gronk, and Fournette....

When Brady was in his prime. As 2019 and 2022 showed you, he's just not effective past age 40 without those weapons I mentioned. There's a reason he went to Tampa and recruited AB, Gronk, and Fournette....
Again, 2019 and 2021 are different years, and the rosters wouldve been completely different. He showed he was still an MVP caliber quarterback in 2020 and 2021.

With very good players to help him out in a major way.
Two you named have never made the playoffs without him, 1 was cut from the Jags, 1 was retired and the Patriots had AB.

You fail to acknowledge that many factors contributed to 2019, and that the roster/talent was much improved by 2021.

Two you named have never made the playoffs without him, 1 was cut from the Jags, 1 was retired and the Patriots had AB.

You fail to acknowledge that many factors contributed to 2019, and that the roster/talent was much improved by 2021.

And you are making the false assumption that the Pats would have been able to sign players like Judon, Agholar, and Henry if Brady stayed...odds are that at least one of those guys wouldn't have been on the roster. If Brady couldn't do squat with Evans, Fournette, and Godwin last year, what makes you think that he would have led a capable offense in 2021? Brady said he wanted to play until he sucked...well, I guess he sucks at this point since otherwise he'd be playing.

And you are making the false assumption that the Pats would have been able to sign players like Judon, Agholar, and Henry if Brady stayed...odds are that at least one of those guys wouldn't have been on the roster. If Brady couldn't do squat with Evans, Fournette, and Godwin last year, what makes you think that he would have led a capable offense in 2021? Brady said he wanted to play until he sucked...well, I guess he sucks at this point since otherwise he'd be playing.
Saying the Patriots couldve upgraded their talent with a ton of money in 2021 is not an assumption even with Brady on the roster...You conveniently left off Jonnu, who made a ton of money. He couldve been a quick substitute right?

The only assumption being made is you thinking they wouldve had no success, thats an assumption.

You are talking about leading a capable offense in 2021, then immediately talk about the end of 2022 after he briefly retired...You are having some trouble keeping up here. Also, 3 of those guys were the guys you claimed Brady needed, if it was them, why did all of their play dip in 2022? Whoops

Saying the Patriots couldve upgraded their talent with a ton of money in 2021 is not an assumption even with Brady on the roster...You conveniently left off Jonnu, who made a ton of money. He couldve been a quick substitute right?

Because Jonnu sucks. Brady wouldn't have been able to do much with him

The only assumption being made is you thinking they wouldve had no success, thats an assumption.

Yes, but it's an educated assumption based on facts. Brady was not great statistically in 2019 and 2022. The common thread? Lack of weapons.

You are talking about leading a capable offense in 2021, then immediately talk about the end of 2022 after he briefly retired...You are having some trouble keeping up here.

Brady did not briefly retire after 2022. He retired. Please get your facts straight if you are going to discuss with me.

Also, 3 of those guys were the guys you claimed Brady needed, if it was them, why did all of their play dip in 2022? Whoops

No Gronk and AB did not allow Brady to throw to wide-open Evans and Godwin like we saw in 2020 and 2021. When you are stacked on offense, that's how it works.

I've posted numerous times about Brady beating the crap out of bad teams while he was in Tampa and backed it up with stats. His numbers dipped quite a bit once the defenses got tougher and/or played against winning teams. Unfortunately, a deeper dive into the facts won't persuade you.

Because Jonnu sucks. Brady wouldn't have been able to do much with him
He signed for 50$ mil, 30+ GTD in 2021...Theres a massive chunk of the Brady contract bud. Thats the point
Yes, but it's an educated assumption based on facts. Brady was not great statistically in 2019 and 2022. The common thread? Lack of weapons.
You just said he had 3 great weapons in 2022, remember? Evans, Godwin and Fournette?
Brady did not briefly retire after 2022. He retired. Please get your facts straight if you are going to discuss with me.
Before the 2022 season, wake up...What did 2019 and 2022 have in common you ask? Limited buy in from the quarterback who had 1 foot out the door both years
No Gronk and AB did not allow Brady to throw to wide-open Evans and Godwin like we saw in 2020 and 2021.
Yes you love facts, guy who led the league in Big time throws over his three years in tampa...was throwing to wide open guys
I've posted numerous times about Brady beating the crap out of bad teams while he was in Tampa and backed it up with stats. His numbers dipped quite a bit once the defenses got tougher and/or played against winning teams.
Yes, like his super bowl run in 2020, where he faced 4 bad teams on his way to the super bowl...Gotcha

You just said he had 3 great weapons in 2022, remember? Evans, Godwin and Fournette?

Godwin was coming off a major ACL injury and wasn't the same. It's not as if Brady can turn guys like Breshad Perriman and the corpse of Julio Jones into all stars anymore. So ultimately in 2022 Brady was left with Evans and Fournette. Brady went downhill in 2022 without AB, Gronk, and a healthy Godwin.

Before the 2022 season, wake up...What did 2019 and 2022 have in common you ask? Limited buy in from the quarterback who had 1 foot out the door both years

You just said "end of 2022" he was temporarily retired. When you texted Brady, is that what he said? THat he had limited buy in on his part in 2019 and 2022?

Yes you love facts, guy who led the league in Big time throws over his three years in tampa...was throwing to wide open guys

The guy is and always will be a dinker and dunker. According to PFF, Brady was ranked 10th in 2022 behind Cousins, Geno, and Tua (LMAO).

In 2021 he was ranked 1st. You do the math as to what happened. I explained it to you above.

Yes, like his super bowl run in 2020, where he faced 4 bad teams on his way to the super bowl...Gotcha

He got lucky, becuase he didn't even play that well against Was, NO, or GB.

Was - nearly 50% completion rate

NO - 199 yards

GB - 3 INTs

He hit 300 yards only once in the playoffs vs Wash.

Groundhog Day Holiday GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Still 2018!

Godwin was coming off a major ACL injury and wasn't the same. It's not as if Brady can turn guys like Breshad Perriman and the corpse of Julio Jones into all stars anymore. So ultimately in 2022 Brady was left with Evans and Fournette. Brady went downhill in 2022 without AB, Gronk, and a healthy Godwin.
What are you talking about?
You just said "end of 2022" he was temporarily retired. When you texted Brady, is that what he said? THat he had limited buy in on his part in 2019 and 2022?

The guy is and always will be a dinker and dunker. According to PFF, Brady was ranked 10th in 2022 behind Cousins, Geno, and Tua (LMAO).

In 2021 he was ranked 1st. You do the math as to what happened. I explained it to you above.
You keeping talking about 2022 because its all you have, even though you said they wouldnt have been successful in 2020 or 2021. You started by saying theyd have the exact same success as in real life, then backtracked incredibly quickly.
He got lucky, becuase he didn't even play that well against Was, NO, or GB.
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Was - nearly 50% completion rate
Godwin alone, your super star weapon had 4 drops alone...I thought you liked facts?
NO - 199 yards

GB - 3 INTs

He hit 300 yards only once in the playoffs vs Wash.
10td/3int almost 100 rating is bad playing 4 road playoff games against great competition....Interesting

10td/3int almost 100 rating is bad playing 4 road playoff games against great competition....Interesting

This is why I can't take you seriously. He didn't play a "road" game in the super bowl. He played at home. And as I said, he got lucky. He faced a 3rd string Was QB, who got injured in that game, and then finished the game against their 4th string QB. Against GB, he got by with 3 INTs. Against NO, the Bucs were out of the game until their defense made a great turnover to get the Bucs back in it.

just take the L and move on.

This is why I can't take you seriously. He didn't play a "road" game in the super bowl. He played at home. And as I said, he got lucky. He faced a 3rd string Was QB, who got injured in that game, and then finished the game against their 4th string QB. Against GB, he got by with 3 INTs. Against NO, the Bucs were out of the game until their defense made a great turnover to get the Bucs back in it.

Youre right, 3 road playoff games and a super bowl against a great team. Youd like to move on, because youve pushed the goal posts from your original statement so far, that you are on Jupiter...Bad look for you

1) He didnt face a 3rd string qb playing defense, you said he struggled against good defenses....He objectively and factually, dominated that game. Bailing out his defense which couldn't stop the 3rd string qb
2) "Got By" with spotting his team with a big lead in a road playoff game after dominating the first half.
3) Lucky, as in, you hate the facts, so he got lucky...He was the most efficient quarterback in the playoffs in 2020....Facts unfortunately are not on your side

Thanks for the recap of the NFC playoffs. I can’t wait for the sequel with the recap of the Super Bowl. Oh wait never mind.

Let my boy TB12 enjoy retirement lol

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back