PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade Peppers for Seymour???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Would you trade Peppers for Seymour ???

JackBauer:

I stand behind my observation. We're all PatsFans here - no need for name calling is there? You're showing your backside.

QB12

Last edited:

Maybe if you didnt bang your head against the wall you could see the obvious. Seymour has been mailing it in for 4 years.

Well thanks for making it crystal clear that I should no longer pay any attention to anything you post here. I mean, come on. Are you completely delusional? Off the Risperdal, run for the hills!

Well thanks for making it crystal clear that I should no longer pay any attention to anything you post here. I mean, come on. Are you completely delusional? Off the Risperdal, run for the hills!

Rather than resorting to petty ad hominems, why not try defending your position?

QB12

Maybe if you didnt bang your head against the wall you could see the obvious. Seymour has been mailing it in for 4 years.

No offense, but you pretty obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about. Why don't you go ahead and look up the yards per carry that the Pats surrendered in 2007, the season where Seymour was PUPed and Jarvis started for the first part of the season. I'll wait.

Did you find it? In 2007 the Patriots surrendered 4.37 yards per carry- that was 26th in the league. Now sure, I know that they spent a lot of time essentially daring teams to run, since they were so far ahead, but the flip side to that is that those teams couldn't effectively run, for the same reason. At the end of the day, it's a fairly ugly number. What it proved, if it still needs proving, is that Jarvis Green is a liability against the run. I'm not the first person to say it and I won't be the last, and the facts bear it out, but some of you people just don't seem to get it.

Seymour is an absolute stone wall against the run, and, when healthy, he gets sacks too. WTF else do you want from a 3-4 DE?

Last edited:

Seymour apologists remind me of Varitek supporters. Think about it they both threatened holdouts for a big contract and neither one lived up to it.

JackBauer:

I stand behind my observation. We're all PatsFans here - no need for name calling is there? You're showing your backside.

QB12

Because Seymour is one of the best run-defending defensive lineman in the league (Warren is as well), constantly requires double teams, and still manages to put good pressure on the QB.

He is one of, if not the best defensive player the Patriots have. If you're going to post something dumb, expect to be called on it. I didn't call you a name; I said what you posted was idiotic. And it was.

Richard Seymour is the most overrated defensive lineman in the league, and quite possibly one of the most overrated football players in the Super Bowl era.

QB12

You obviously know NOTHING about football.:singing:

Seymour apologists remind me of Varitek supporters. Think about it they both threatened holdouts for a big contract and neither one lived up to it.

Stating or implying that something is obvious is no more a proof in football than it is in mathematics.

Other people have actually bothered to present arguments for their side. Why not present some argument for your side?

Varitek lived up to every contract so far. IMO there's no way in hell that he'll be worth the money the Sox just signed him to, but oh well. Once again, in 2003-07, did you ever watch the team when he was injured? Most professionals will agree that he calls the best game of any catcher in the league, and it shows in the Sox rotation's performance with vs. without him. Sounds to me like you're just fundamentally incapable of grasping the importance of anything that doesn't make it onto a highlight reel.

What's the use.

I admit I'm not an expert, but damn...I know what defense we run and who makes it go.

What an assinine thread.

Last edited:

Rather than resorting to petty ad hominems, why not try defending your position?

QB12

What position? That Seymour doesn't mail it in? Anyone with two eyes and a brain and can that he doesn't. That's really all there is to it.

Because Seymour is one of the best run-defending defensive lineman in the league (Warren is as well), constantly requires double teams, and still manages to put good pressure on the QB.

He is one of, if not the best defensive player the Patriots have. If you're going to post something dumb, expect to be called on it. I didn't call you a name; I said what you posted was idiotic. And it was.

There will always be contingent of people who think that Seymour is a fat, overrated malcontent. These people are everything that's wrong with football fandom and Boston sports culture, in particular. Just because they don't know enough about the sport to understand the impact that a guy is having, they assume that he isn't having one.

Varitek lived up to every contract so far. IMO there's no way in hell that he'll be worth the money the Sox just signed him to, but oh well. Once again, in 2003-07, did you ever watch the team when he was injured? Most professionals will agree that he calls the best game of any catcher in the league, and it shows in the Sox rotation's performance with vs. without him. Sounds to me like you're just fundamentally incapable of grasping the importance of anything that doesn't make it onto a highlight reel.
So you like having a big gaping hole in your lineup? .22o:mad:

So you like having a big gaping hole in your lineup? .22o:mad:

No, I don't. As I pretty clearly stated, I don't like the money that they just signed him to. I said that from 2003 to 2007, he was worth what he was paid and then some. See, the crazy thing about 2008 is that it doesn't fall between 2003 and 2007- see how that works?

If you want to argue that he won't live up to this contract, then sure, you're probably right, but you can't say that he hasn't lived up to it when the season hasn't even started yet. If you want to say that he didn't live up to his last contract, then you're just flat-out wrong, which is the point that I was making.

Last edited:

No Im a Patriots fan, who doesnt want an overpaid whiny underachiever on my team.

Gosh, the way you describe him you'd think BB wouldn't either.

Oh, wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes