PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade Peppers for Seymour???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Would you trade Peppers for Seymour ???

I'm absolutely not saying that this is a bad D-line, and i wouldn't be upset if we would go into the season with this threesome, but all i'm saying is that i feel the Patriots can take the risk with Peppers, because i think they can fill the void left by Seymour. We wan't to win championships and sometimes you gotta try something radical. I would feel good about the move.
I understand you're not saying the D-Line isn't good, I am saying we can't replace Seymour to the level that some people might suggest. By adding Peppers, the "unit" becomes better as a whole with Jarvis and Peppers. I don't necessarily agree with that sentiment.

As much as I would love Peppers playing OLB, assuming BB believes he can do this, I'd want it behind that front 3 of Warren, Wilfork and Seymour. Fitting this dream under the salary cap is an entirely different proposition, one I feel we'll struggle to accomplish.

Therefore, no I stay with the current line up.

Can I trade APatrioticVirginian and QB12 for Briz?

the question is...how much will it cost the pats to renew his contract? Wilfork will prob want a lot of money...what cap space will Pats have for Seymour? looks difficult to keep both.

NO.........................

Seymour was dominating player in his position for 5 yrs in a row .He was off for 2 yrs and last he was back with force.

He has 12.5 Sacks matching his 2003 career high , how many 3-4 ends had 12.5 sacks in 2 years in thier carreer. He had highest tackle number in his career.

THIs year the defence was horrible and he put up some monster number better than when we had the no2 defence in 2003. that is a dominant player FYI.

for all the cap guys lets cut brady ,randy and not sign wilfork then we can have alot cap !!!! sometimes i wonder what is more important keeping a good player or having cap space.

Last edited:
NO.........................

Seymour was dorminant player in his position for 5 yrs in a row .He was off for 2 yrs and last he was back with force.

Satz, you can't have it both ways... :D

Faster than a speeding bullet , i bet you are working now

Not yet, luckily. Dorminant may be my new favourite word!

I dunno, when I look at the young LB's the Pats have, some of the back-ups they are keeping on the DL and the fact that Wilfork hasn't been given an extension, I can only come to three conclusions. Either BB will be draft someone to replace Wilfork, is waiting for 2010 to sign Wilfork to take advantage of the uncapped year or BB is planning on swapping to a 4-3 in 2010, taking advantage of the cap space then. The first option should be answered day 1 of the draft. Although the third option is very unlikely, it would shake up the league something fierce ;)

Last edited:

Ditto that :singing:
The freaks come out at night on this board-its good to see some good sense today on this thread. We need to pound these trolls.

I'm absolutely not saying that this is a bad D-line, and i wouldn't be upset if we would go into the season with this threesome, but all i'm saying is that i feel the Patriots can take the risk with Peppers, because i think they can fill the void left by Seymour. We wan't to win championships and sometimes you gotta try something radical. I would feel good about the move.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, because I'm going way out on a limb......

Doesn't Seymour have more Super Bowl victories (a/k/a championships) than Peppers?

THIs year the defence was horrible and he put up some monster number better than when we had the no2 defence in 2003. that is a dorminant player FYI.

Dor·mi·nant (adj).
Referring to a person that is very powerful, but whose power goes unnoticed. Richard Seymour is a dorminant player.

;)

Dor·mi·nant (adj).
Referring to a person that is very powerful, but whose power goes unnoticed. Richard Seymour is a dorminant player.

;)

Oh boy... officially getting sigifized.

They would need to throw in his partner in crime, BradyToMoss :D

Its a simple question, I know its taboo, to think about getting rid of Big Sey.. But its his last year, and would he come back??? Im not saying he is a stiff, but what has seymoer done since he signed that 4 year ext in 06..

06 - Fair, but was missing alot, got hurt against Indy..
07 - PUP, came back but was not the same..
08 - Again, just fair IMO..

We could do well with a 3-4 allignment with Green, Wilfork and Warren , with Peppers, Thomas , Mayo, Guyton/Bruschi.. I think Peppers would improve the pash rush, which has been our problem on defense.. I would consider it, only , ONLY, If we are pretty sure that Seymour is done after this year.. Discuss, I know its a touchy subject for some but this is what the fourm is about ..

Personally, I thought Seymour had a very good year last year. Statistically it was one of his best years. He had 8 sacks which led the team and ties his career best. He had the third most regular season tackles of his career with 52 (35 solo which ties his career best). But beyond the numbers, he was constantly double and triple teamed this year.

Seymour for Peppers? No thanks. Draft a new kid this year for later on.

It's one thing if BB opts to not sign RS after 09 due to cost.

I am looking forward at least to one more year with him clogging the middle. I love the fact that the Pats always seem to stop a team on third and one up the midddle.

We are spoiled.

No I wouldn't! The only major difference in these two players stats is Sacks. Guess what one is asked to be a major pass rusher and the other is asked to take up 2 players on the line. Also what makes everyone think the Peppers can play OLB?

Contracts... it all comes down to contracts.

I actually think Seymour has played very well that past two seasons, I would keep him if he would sign an extension. If he walks in a year then I would trade him for Peppers if Pepper would sign an extension.

Contracts man, it is all contracts.

No I wouldn't! The only major difference in these two players stats is Sacks. Guess what one is asked to be a major pass rusher and the other is asked to take up 2 players on the line. Also what makes everyone think the Peppers can play OLB?

His physical abilities. The guy really is a freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes