PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you bring Mangini back if it guaranteed a SB victory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it, Dr. Denial. You think it is perfectly okay for a man who got his first job in a career that made him wealthy and helped him rise to the pinnacle of his profession - head coach in the NFL - to publicly accuse his mentor of cheating and forever diminish his mentor's reputation and that of the franchise because his team had no chance of competing. What Mangini did could have been handled in so many other ways through the league offices.

Mangini publicly humiliated the guy that gave him his first job as a ballboy with the Cleveland Browns and introduced him to the NFL and a who's who of young assistant coaches that led to everything he has today.

In your well-adjusted world, it is laudable to publicly screw everyone in your path to get whatever you want and loyalty, gratitude and professionalism have no value.

Most of them are oblivious to the fact that while Eric is contrite these days that's just because he is experiencing the depth of personal career destruction his conduct as a HC led to. He didn't just screw over his mentor while in the swamp. He did it to friends, too. When he was clinging for dear life to a gig in Cleveland he got his hand picked GM, another product of the Cleveland to Baltimore BB connection and someone highly thought of in the Ravens FO fired before their first season was over to save his ass (although it turned out not for long). Eric is ego driven to be a pathalogical, a serial backstabber. Nobody wants that guy on their staff.

Bill will sit down for a 90 minute interview with Tom Jackson on ESPN before he brings Eric back into the fold.

In the world of straw men, the Scarecrow is king!

If bringing back or bringing on one person would guarantee the Patriots won the SB, I'd put Ghengis Khan at Nose Tackle and make Mata Hari a cheerleader (heh, heh, from a false or un-provable premise, anything follows).

However, bringing back one person can not guarantee the Patriots win the SB, ergo...(you fill in the rest).

:confused2:

I don't know why you felt the need to post this as a response to what I'd written. I didn't create the scenario. The OP did that. Since others have weighed in with the position that they wouldn't take him back, my post was pretty clearly not just a rubber stamping type of reply.

I don't know why you felt the need to post this as a response to what I'd written. I didn't create the scenario. The OP did that. Since others have weighed in with the position that they wouldn't take him back, my post was pretty clearly not just a rubber stamping type of reply.

Genghis Khan as a nose tackle seems right up your alley, Deus Irae. This Khan quote looks a lot like something you might post here: “I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Not only did he establish the Mongolian Empire, he was reputed to be a pretty good run stuffer.

I didn't take your post in that way. I was just responding to the general tone of the thread. Sorry if it came across that way, though. Your posts in this thread have been right on target, IMO.

Last edited:
I heard Jonathan Kraft in an interview a couple of years ago and he wouldn't even say the Rat's name. Eric the Rat sleeps with the fishes.

Wait are you implying the Dolphins are somehow connected to all if this? :eek:

Last edited:
I'd bring back Jeffry Dahmer for a guaranteed SB.

LOL. I'd bring back Barney the Dinosaur if it meant a guaranteed superbowl. Problem is no move can guarantee a superbowl.

Here's another supposition - if trading for Revis could guarantee you a Superbowl but you would have to give up the Pats entire stock of 2013 draft picks, would you do it?

Just a hypothetical... if you had a guarantee that the Pats would win the SB in 2013, would it be worth it? Or is this a case where the principle is more important?
I would run over my Grandmother as I drove Mangini to Gillette if it would get this team another SB win. :D

If it guaranteed them a Lombardi trophy, absolutely. But since such possibilities don't exist, I never want to see Mangini anywhere near the Patriots organization again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft