PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst Refereeing I have ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we now have 9 OPI's versus a league average of 2.22. (Washington is next with 5).
....this in itself is a complete joke.

I counted 4 times last night Gronk was jammed after 5 yards.

How the %#*^ does Ebner emerge from the pile with the ball and they still rule Denver ball?

Agree with your rant except that part. There was at least one replay that showed the Denver player clearly had the ball before the pile-on started.

Second prime time Pats game I've turned off in as many weeks. I had never done this previously. The officiating was either shady or due to sheer ineptitude. Either way, the officiating has been terrible in recent weeks and especially terrible this season and I didn't care to watch. I was disgusted after the Gronk OPI. Pretty soon, I'll just not watch at all.

Especially after that "inadvertant whistle" from last week, I actually now truly believe there is legit funny business going on. Not just on a level of being *****y, and being pissed as a fan. And I'm about as anti tin foil hat as they come.

Its probably more likely the refs are doing it in the hopes of getting special treatment in the future by the league office, as opposed to an outright payoff, but who really knows.

I wish I had tons of free time & NFL rewind, I would go back and do a cut up of all the BS calls. Its a joke at this point, after our run is over I'm done with the NFL.

Like I said in the game chat, just wait until we're @Jets with serious playoff seeding implications on the line.

Denver has the tie breaker now, so if the Pats drop another game we'll be going back thru Denver for a SB run. If Gronk is done for the year we won't need to worry about playing denver in the afccg because we won't make it past the steelers or Bengals. Hell even the Colts would scare me with all these injuries

Great. I'll have to sit through a few more stroke-inducing, officiating sh*t shows brought to you by this f*cked up league.

I really need some new hobbies.:rolleyes:

This wasn't just a couple of bad calls where you feel like you got screwed. There were several aggregious game changing errors by the refs. I hate complaining about the refs, but damn.

The pass interference on Gronk. Clean play. Game changing penalty.
The negated 50 yard pass completion called back. 60 yard swing. That was not a hold by Jackson. It was clean.
The defensive pass interference on Chung. If anything it should have been offensive PI. Chung played it cleanly. It should have been 3rd and long from the 14.
The hands to the face on the Denver TD pass, not called.
How about Brady getting tackled by his head? Blatant penalty.
Not a game changer, but how do you miss an obvious running into the kicker?
The Broncos O line was constantly holding. I don't blame them since the refs weren't calling it.

This wasn't just bad officiating, it was cheating on national televsion. The Patriots are too classy of an organization to make a fuss about this, but I sure hope the media turns this into an issue. The NFL needs to be called out and be held accountable. This can't happen again.

The one-sided nature of the calls were what gets me. I never complain about the refs, but they were terrible in calling one thing against the pats and then not calling it against the Brocnos. Their bad calls generally equal out, like in the Giants game. But, this was way different.

Game changing bad calls all going against the Patriots and missing blatantly obvious calls against the Broncos?

BULLSHIZNIT!!!!

This wasn't just a couple of bad calls where you feel like you got screwed. There were several aggregious game changing errors by the refs. I hate complaining about the refs, but damn.

The pass interference on Gronk. Clean play. Game changing penalty.
The negated 50 yard pass completion called back. 60 yard swing. That was not a hold by Jackson. It was clean.
The defensive pass interference on Chung. If anything it should have been offensive PI. Chung played it cleanly. It should have been 3rd and long from the 14.
The hands to the face on the Denver TD pass, not called.
How about Brady getting tackled by his head? Blatant penalty.
Not a game changer, but how do you miss an obvious running into the kicker?
The Broncos O line was constantly holding. I don't blame them since the refs weren't calling it.

This wasn't just bad officiating, it was cheating on national televsion. The Patriots are too classy of an organization to make a fuss about this, but I sure hope the media turns this into an issue. The NFL needs to be called out and be held accountable. This can't happen again.
Can I just add the blatant hold on the Broncos punt team when they punted from inside their 2 yard line? Would've been a safety and possession of the ball. This game started feeling a lot like the Giants game at around the 3rd quarter, where seemingly every huge or key play the Patriots made was negated by some phantom penalty.

And I'm with everyone here. I hate complaining about referees, loathe it. Because on the other side of the field was a good Broncos team that showed a lot of guts to come back against a Patriots team that showed equal guts in weathering the storm and coming back to tie it at the end. It was a tough fight between two tough teams, and the Broncos could have won even without shoddy officiating, but we'll never really know.

Remember - Blandino or his designee grades the refs. All it takes is to not downgrade them for a bad close call made against NE and downgrade them for a legit close call made for NE and they'll get the message.

Plus the league can do stuff like always use video of Gronk when giving the refs pointers on calling OPI. Even if the vid shows legit OPI on Gronk the underlying goal of subconscious conditioning is carried out.

Can someone explain to me why gronk gets called for OPI for "pushing off" yet when emanuel sanders does it, Chung gets called for a hold?

Especially after that "inadvertant whistle" from last week, I actually now truly believe there is legit funny business going on. Not just on a level of being *****y, and being pissed as a fan. And I'm about as anti tin foil hat as they come.

Its probably more likely the refs are doing it in the hopes of getting special treatment in the future by the league office, as opposed to an outright payoff, but who really knows.

I wish I had tons of free time & NFL rewind, I would go back and do a cut up of all the BS calls. Its a joke at this point, after our run is over I'm done with the NFL.
So don't watch. If I have to convince myself that something isn't shady, it's not worthwhile for me to tune in anymore. Hence turning the game off two weeks in a row.

We were a cleanly caught punt from having a well officiated game.

I think you're seeing what you want to see.

In fairness to the poster, the ex-head of refs tweeted that all refs go by one rule. Unless you absolutely know the ball has been recovered by one guy, you hold your whistle and give it to the guy who emerges with the ball.

According to him, it was a bad call because he never saw the Bronco recover it unattached.

In fairness to the poster, the ex-head of refs tweeted that all refs go by one rule. Unless you absolutely know the ball has been recovered by one guy, you hold your whistle and give it to the guy who emerges with the ball.

According to him, it was a bad call because he never saw the Bronco recover it unattached.
I'm not sure what the ref could see in real time, but in the replay, it was obvious that the Bronco had possession and was down. I thought it was a great call.

So don't watch. If I have to convince myself that something isn't shady, it's not worthwhile for me to tune in anymore. Hence turning the game off two weeks in a row.

Funny, that was actually the first non blowout Pats game I ever turned off early in my life. I missed everything shortly after the Gronk injury.

Apparently there was another BS call against Chung that was big, so I'm glad.

I'm not sure what the ref could see in real time, but in the replay, it was obvious that the Bronco had possession and was down. I thought it was a great call.
I disagree, yes he clearly fell on it and it was in his bread basket but the pile came before you saw two hands on the ball clear possession. After that it was a scrum that Ebner came up with. It is a funky shaped ball and all kinds of crazy things happen on a weekly basis it COULD have squirted out. 9/10 in that situation it is given to the guy who emerges with it. Hardly the worst call of the game but still one that makes my blood boil

Can someone explain to me why gronk gets called for OPI for "pushing off" yet when emanuel sanders does it, Chung gets called for a hold?
Because sanders is not 4 inches and 40 lbs bigger then the guy covering him. It was a totally horseshit call and you could tell how egregious it was by Brady's reaction

I didn't have a problem with that call. In the game against the Colts, the Patriots were the beneficiary of the same kind of call. When the Colts attempted an onside kick, the refs ruled the Patriots recovered even though a Colts player came away with the ball.

That's also why that Woods recovery in SB42 still ticks me off. He was down and had possession of the ball. When Bradshaw dove on him, the play should have been over.

In all my years watching the Pats I don't think I have ever seen BB and TB as angry at the refs as they were in this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back