PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Pats actually get some Pro Bowlers this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that idea. I think we would win... easily.

Anyway, who cares about Pro Bowlers. I hope we get an MVP or 2 (Brady, Moss).

But all that really matters is Wins. Lots of them. Preferably nothing but wins.

Patriots would most likely win, a good team that gels and has worked together has a much better chance then a mega talented team that's working with no cohesivness.

I don't care if they get any probowls though either. they'll probably get at the very least 5 if they keep playing at this level. But wins are all that matters.

I would expect to see about 7-8 Patriots decline to go to the Pro Bowl this year.

After the Game 1 witch hunt, I hope the selected Pats players would do at least something to ruffle Goodell's feathers

I still get a chuckle when I think that Philip Rivers made it over Brady last year....hilarious.

Do Brady, Moss, Welker, Vrabel, Wilfork, Samuel, Hobbs all have a chance?

Not against this guy:

ordinarygentlemen.jpg

Last edited:
I know it doesn't really matter, but it will be interesting to see if the Pats once again get totally overlooked. Perhaps this year will be different.

Brady, Moss, Welker, Vrabel, Wilfork, Samuel, Hobbs all have a chance?

Who cares. The Pro-Bowl is over-rated. ALL-PRO status is where its at.

And I think that Brady, Wilfork, Warren, Mankins and Moss could end up getting All-Pro.

No Brainers

Brady
Mankins
Moss
Samual
Thomas

Should get in

Wilfolk
Warren

Could get in

Koppen
Izzo
Light
Maroney

Given how early Pro Bowl voting starts, this isn't as dumb a question as, say, 16-0. Still, it's early.

That said, some Pro Bowl votes go to guys who've deserved it in the past and just missed. Vrabel deserves a berth one year as a kind of lifetime achievement award, but it's not happening unless his stats stay high. Nor is Samuel going as a reward for last year unless his stats are high this year too.

Brady has an excellence chance if his stats don't drop off too far. Ditto Moss.

Mankins gets a lot of praise from experts. I think he has a good shot. It's about time for a changing of the guard -- er, guard(s) -- at interior OL anyway, isn't it? Koppen may have a chance too, but Mawae is still a very strong competitor.

Warren is now an "everybody knows he's underrated" kind of player. If the Pats put up great team results with Seymour out, he has a chance just for that. If he gets a reasonable number of sacks or other stats, the chance is a lot better. Wilfork has a chance too if SD continues to suck. (Uh, I didn't check whether Williams bounced back from his injury.)

Izzo always has a chance.

Colvin and AD need big stats to make it.

Hobbs doesn't have a chance, IMO, unless it's as a returner after a few more big plays.

im hopin larry izzo gets another trip to hawaii

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference