PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Pats actually get some Pro Bowlers this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I know it doesn't really matter, but it will be interesting to see if the Pats once again get totally overlooked. Perhaps this year will be different.

Brady, Moss, Welker, Vrabel, Wilfork, Samuel, Hobbs all have a chance?

I say Brady for sure, Moss, Wilfork, Ty Warren, Adalius Thomas and maybe Laurance Maroney if he starts scoring td's.

If the Pats continue to blow out people like they have, I bet we can get upwards to 7-8 Pro Bowlers. I assume Brady and Moss would be a lock with their names. If Vrabel continues to be near the top at sack totals, he could get it. Warren has a shot because you usually get your first Pro Bowl bearth the year after you have a big year. One or two players on the o-line will get in if they continue to be as dominant as they have. I would say Light, Mankins, and Koppen have the best shots. Wilfork, Colvin, and AD all have shots. Samuel might fall into the Warren category of getting your first Pro Bowl the year later.

Yes, I think we'll send a fair amount. It'll be a welcome change from those years where a 10 win Ravens team sends 12 players to the Pro Bowl.

A better question is...Why would we want more Pro Bowlers on the squad?
Its pretty well documented that this team likes to play the underdog, we dont' get no respect role. If we have 8 Pro Bowelers, that argumetn is a bit tough to make. You think last year against SD the lack of Pro Bowlers wasn't fule for the fire?
As far as I am concerned, let the other teams get the Pro Bowl votes.

I really doubt the Patriots take the lack of Pro Bowlers personal, since it's just how it works in the league. They might not like the voters as much, but I doubt that Lorenzo Neal and 3 special teamers making the Pro Bowl for the Chargers enraged Brady or anything.

What are we, San Diego? Who cares?

Why spoil the trend? There's only one thing that matters with this team and the majority of the fans.

Hmmmmmm,

Let's see here.. Pro-Bowl players or Super-Bowl rings... I'm pretty sure which one the players would pick. Seriously, who watches the pro-bowl anyway? It's like a week-long pre season game where the only thing you can count on is someone getting hurt for no good reason.

Why not just recognise the all-pro selections, then fly them to Hawaii for a week?

Respects,

Personally, I would love to see some Pats at the pro bowl.
A great team ought to repped by their best players.
As an aside, this might be the first time Sey doesn't make it.

<< Its pretty well documented that this team likes to play the underdog, we dont' get no respect role. >>

That's because they have been.

Sort of dense to "play the underdog" if you're not.

seriously.......the probowl.......our best case scenario is 0 probowlers, propelling the team to 19-0 and a 4th parade in 7 years.

realistically.....brady, moss, warren and thomas

Brady, Moss, Welker ,Warren ,Thomas Vrabel as of right now are the top guys

You could make a case for

Mankins, Light, Maroney, Samuel and Colvin

Not that all those guys would go, just saying.

Moss, AD, and Welker
With Brady being the 3rd QB (and calling in sick with a shoulder injury to play in a golf tournament)

Best of All Worlds - with only the newcomers making the Pro Bowl all of America will dis the contributions of the longtime Pats. All the tributes will go to these players "making" a great team. And missing the point that it is the longtime Pats that are "making" these individuals great team players

I would expect to see about 7-8 Patriots decline to go to the Pro Bowl this year.

Maybe Green this year. Seymour also.

Actually

I'd like to see the Patriot Play AGAINST a pro-bowl team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back