PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will BB wear a suit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSUPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of this, but a couple of coaches got approval to wear a suit. BB is as old school as they come. Will he stick with the hoody or will he go for a suit. Here's what BB had to say in his press conference. I for one would love to see BB wear a suit and develop a trademark style much like Landry had the hat or Lombardi had the trench coat. What do you guys think?

Q: A couple of coaches got approval to wear suits on the sidelines. Any chance you'll be trading in the gray sweatshirt for a coat and tie this week?

BB: I didn't even know that was an option. The first I heard about it was like five minutes ago. Somebody mentioned it, but I think that's great. Really, I do. When you think back to the Paul Browns and the Vince Lombardis and Tom Landry and guys like that, their bust in the Hall of Fame, George Halas, the hat, you can practically see them. I think it was really a signature for some of those coaches. In all my years as a head coach, I've never one time in a league meeting or through the league or anything else ever been consulted, asked or even had a conversation about sideline apparel other than, 'This is what you have to do.' That's been the extent of the conversation. I'm not saying those conversations don't exist, but I've never been a part of one. I'm sure that the marketing and the apparel people or whoever, I'm sure that they have spent plenty of time on it. That's not anything that I've ever been, in any way, a part of, so I really don't know what the story is on that. But, I don't see anything wrong with it at all. I think it's good. The way it is now in the league now, everybody is wearing the team shirts or whatever. It seems like teams change their logo every two years anyhow. One year it's striped shirts. The next it's checkered shirts. The next year it's whatever. Or jackets. That stuff changes every year or two with a lot of teams anyway. I think there's something to be said if you think about traditional NFL, if that's something that you're interested or the league is interested in, but I think there's something to be said for it. If they're not, then there isn't anything to be said for it and that's the way it's been for, I'd say, I don't know, when the sideline rule came into effect. '93, '94, I don't know. I can still see Ray Handley in Monday Night game with the Giants wearing that...so whatever.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 2:16 p.m. EST; UPDATED 5:28 p.m. EST, November 15, 2006
NOLAN WILL WEAR A SUIT

Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat reports that the NFL has given 49ers coach Mike Nolan permission to wear a suit on the sidelines. Nolan is expected to don a coat and tie (and, presumably, pants) for the team's November 19 home game against the Seahawks.

But the permission is limited. Nolan reportedly may wear a suit for only two games this season.

"There's a strong chance he'll be wearing a suit for this game," a source close to Nolan said on Tuesday. "But at the end of the day, they still want to sell hats and shirts instead of blazers." Nolan said in 2005 that he prefers to dress like the coaches of yesteryear, including his father **** Nolan, who wore business attire while taking care of their business.

We understand that Reebok wants its logo to be ubiquitous (thanks, Tiki) on game day. But, really, who in the audience will decide to buy Reebok apparel based on the fact that a middle-aged man is wearing a polo shirt with the Reebok wavy lines thingee on the sleeve?

And what's worse for the overall image of the NFL? A coach in his Sunday best that doesn't double as a billboard for Reebook, or a coach in his Sunday worst, like Bill Belichick and his sweat jersey with the sleeves partially cut off and the red replay flag stuffed in his sock?

BelichickCutoff.jpg

Hey, we got no problem with Belichick's choice of attire. But if he's allowed to hobo it up, Nolan should be allowed to spruce it up.

POSTED 7:51 p.m. EST; UPDATED 10:20 p.m. EST, November 15, 2006
DEL RIO TO GET DRESSED UP, TOO

As Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio embarks on a seven-game stretch that might force him to wear a suit for a job interview, he'll be breaking in the dress duds during Monday night's home game against the Giants.

The AP reports that Del Rio will join Mike Nolan of the 49ers as the first head coaches to wear a coat and a tie since the league mandated that the field chiefs don clothing provided by the league's official apparel sponsor.

The only open question, as we see it? Whether tailors will be able to fashion for the fireplug-shaped former linebacker a shirt with a 25-inch neck . . . and 25-inch sleeves.

Last edited:
I think unless Reebok comes out with a hooded suit with detachable sleeves, hell will freeze over first.

This would be a bad week to try it. The weather in Green Bay is calling for snow.

If BB wore a suit he'd still look like a hobo. I'ts not the clothes it's the persona. I hope he sticks with the GRAY hoodie, sleeves or no sleeves.

i want him to keep the hoodie. :)grey one with cut sleeves :)

Hoodie said:
This would be a bad week to try it. The weather in Green Bay is calling for snow.

If BB wore a suit he'd still look like a hobo. I'ts not the clothes it's the persona. I hope he sticks with the GRAY hoodie, sleeves or no sleeves.

Snow?

It's going to be in the 40s and SUNNY:

Sun
Nov 19

34.gif
Mostly Sunny 42?/28? 10%

I was very uncomfortable with him wearing a red sweatshirt last week. I hope they burned it. In this case change is bad.

As long as he doesn't wear something cheesy this week, BB's look is fine with me.

sdaniels7114 said:
I was very uncomfortable with him wearing a red sweatshirt last week. I hope they burned it. In this case change is bad.

That was against the Colts (two weeks ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes