PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why We'll All LOVE Laurence Maroney next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, last time I checked LT played 3 full seaons(ie all 16 games) to start his career, Eddie George played 5 full seasons to start his career, Emmit Smith played 3 full seasons to start his career, and Shaun Alexander played 6 full seasons to start his career. Edgerin James also palyed two full seasons to start his career and he was carrying the rock 330 plus both of those two years! Maroney only averages 12-15 carries a game and he can't play a full year. Please.

First off I said recent past. Secondly, yep, looks like you're just going to ignore the topic.

Here I'll make it easy for you
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=67257

Last edited:
I'm not a Pats fan? Why, because god forbid I don't shake the pom poms and I'm not a homer? I'm a huge pats fan. I've been to the last two super bowls. I own season tickets. Sorry, I just don't bow down and worship Laurence Maroney like you do.

Bow down? You mean the way youve done here with Darren McFadden? Are you kidding? The guy with the giraffe legs that's put up #s against the likes of Troy and Florida Int., and is yet to play any of the top 3 teams in the SEC?
That guy's put up ridiculous #s against Kentucky and Steve Spurrier's vaunted South Carolina defense, running thru holes without getting touched. He needs to convert to WR today, because the NFL is all about contact, and that guy's not built for it.

Bow down? You mean the way youve done here with Darren McFadden? Are you kidding? The guy with the giraffe legs that's put up #s against the likes of Troy and Florida Int., and is yet to play any of the top 3 teams in the SEC?
That guy's put up ridiculous #s against Kentucky and Steve Spurrier's vaunted South Carolina defense, running thru holes without getting touched. He needs to convert to WR today, because the NFL is all about contact, and that guy's not built for it.

LOL, ok Mel Kiper. That's why NFL scouts(which, btw, you are NOT) have this guy rated as the top RB in the draft. Get a clue son.

Hell with this passing attack, Sammy freakin' Morris was looking all-pro before he went down. Maroney should be putting up very good numbers (not necessarily huge numbers, due to the emphasis on passing the ball), or at least break a couple for TDs. Sure, he has a good YPC number, but as we all like to say on this board, stats don't always tell the story.

Recent past? So what, Eddie George, Shaun Alexander, and LT don't count even though they were drafted and played this decade? Put down the rose colored glasses. Your boy Maroney is OVERRATED and allergic to the end zone.

Jeez I provided the link for you and everything and you still ignore it.

Hell with this passing attack, Sammy freakin' Morris was looking all-pro before he went down. Maroney should be putting up very good numbers (not necessarily huge numbers, due to the emphasis on passing the ball), or at least break a couple for TDs. Sure, he has a good YPC number, but as we all like to say on this board, stats don't always tell the story.

This is so hilarious. Maroney has been a better runner than Morris and the stats show it. Don't even try to act like Morris' 1 yard TD runs make him better.

Jeez I provided the link for you and everything and you still ignore it.

So are the 49ers suppossed to be happy Alex Smith is a bust just because Eli Manning, Vince Young, Ryan Leaf, Andre Ware, Ricxk Mirer, and other top 5 QB's were busts too? LOL!!! Nice logic. I don't give a sh*t about other fine china RB's. I care about the RB of MY TEAM! And the RB of MY TEAM is made out of glass and allergic to the end zone. Period.

This is so hilarious. Maroney has been a better runner than Morris and the stats show it. Don't even try to act like Morris' 1 yard TD runs make him better.

Maroney was better than Morris? What?????????? Not even close. Morris was a beast. He got the TOUGH YARDS, something Maroney can't get. Morris also wasn't allergic to the end zone.

Hadnt noticed. But last I checked, the object of the game was to score TDs. And for whatever reason, Maroney is yet to score ONE. Now, I'll stick with my general premise which is that he's not as strong as he should be because he spent all offseason with his arm in a sling. And he doesnt break enough tackles and score enough TDs because he simply hasnt been able to put in the work coming in. But Im not going to complain because I admire the kid's talent, he's only 22 and playing nowhere near his best football, and he's helping this team win. He's yet to score, but I havent heard him complain once. Even though Im sure that fact is killing him.

This passing offense is on pace to shatter the all-time record. I'm sure you have a point that you think is valid, and I don't disagree that Maroney's surgery may well have set him back from a strength perspective. it's just that using such an argument against Maroney, or any N.E. running back this season is inapplicable in light of the style of play this team's using. It's tough to run for touchdowns when Randy Moss is catching 40 yard bombs for scores.

LOL, ok Mel Kiper. That's why NFL scouts(which, btw, you are NOT) have this guy rated as the top RB in the draft. Get a clue son.

Yeah, that means alot. Those same scouts that are talking people into drafting Alex Smith and David Carr early? Those guys? Right, Im nowhere near that league. Thank god for me.

Last edited:
Maroney was better than Morris? What?????????? Not even close. Morris was a beast. He got the TOUGH YARDS, something Maroney can't get. Morris also wasn't allergic to the end zone.

Keep ignoring the facts. I love how the people that say Morris was better can't back it up with any tangible evidence.

This passing offense is on pace to shatter the all-time record. I'm sure you have a point that you think is valid, and I don't disagree that Maroney's surgery may well have set him back from a strength perspective. it's just that using such an argument against Maroney, or any N.E. running back this season is inapplicable in light of the style of play this team's using. It's tough to run for touchdowns when Randy Moss is catching 40 yard bombs for scores.

Then how come Morris got 3 TD's in 6 games? Maroney is just a 20 to 20 runner. He sucks on a short field when the safeties come up and that's why his made out of glass ass sits on the sideline when we are inside the 10. I swear, you Maroney apologists have got to wake up.

Then how come Morris got 3 TD's in 6 games? Maroney is just a 20 to 20 runner. He sucks on a short field when the safeties come up and that's why his made out of glass ass sits on the sideline when we are inside the 10. I swear, you Maroney apologists have got to wake up.

How many chances has Maroney gotten to run it in from the 1?

Sammy Morris

6 Games, 85 Rushes, 384 Yards, 4.5 AVG, 3 TDs

Laurence Maroney

6 Games, 89 Rushes, 417 Yards, 4.7 AVG, 0 TDs

Oh yeah, BIG difference there. Tell me where the stats show Maroney's dominance over Morris this season?

Hadnt noticed. But last I checked, the object of the game was to score TDs. And for whatever reason, Maroney is yet to score ONE. Now, I'll stick with my general premise which is that he's not as strong as he should be because he spent all offseason with his arm in a sling. And he doesnt break enough tackles and score enough TDs because he simply hasnt been able to put in the work coming in. But Im not going to complain because I admire the kid's talent, he's only 22 and playing nowhere near his best football, and he's helping this team win. He's yet to score, but I havent heard him complain once. Even though Im sure that fact is killing him.

back on point--that is a decent premise to consider--thanks

Sammy Morris

Laurence Maroney

Oh yeah, BIG difference there. Tell me where the stats show Maroney's dominance over Morris this season?

Where did I use a word like dominance? All I said is Maroney has been better than Morris, and it's true. Morris scoring from the 1 yard line doesn't make him a better runner.

Sammy Morris

Laurence Maroney

Shhhh!!! Don't you know Laurence Maroney can do no wrong in patriot homerville? Don't say a bad word about him because he is, afterall, such a workhorse and stud, LOL! I agree with you bro. The guy is a dud.

Where did I use a word like dominance? All I said is Maroney has been better than Morris, and it's true. Morris scoring from the 1 yard line doesn't make him a better runner.

I'll take 3 TDs over 30 yards.

I'll take 3 TDs over 30 yards.

You'll take one runner over another just because got run it in from the one yard line a couple times? Good thing you're not making front office decisions for the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes