PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why We'll All LOVE Laurence Maroney next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so using your argument, than Addai has better than Maroney because he has a 4.6 YPC thru 24 games while Maroney has a 4.4 YPC thru 20 games. Even when I use your ridiculous STATS you lose the argument. Hey, so I guess Drew Bledsoe deserves to be in the HALL of FAME because of his STATS right? Please.

You go back to last year when NE's best WR was the equivalent of Indy's #4?

I disagree with much of what you have said here, but this takes the cake. First you talk about manipulation of stats and then you do the absolute worst job of it in the entire thread.

Good job.

You go back to last year when NE's best WR was the equivalent of Indy's #4?

I disagree with much of what you have said here, but this takes the cake. First you talk about manipulation of stats and then you do the absolute worst job of it in the entire thread.

Good job.

Oh, so I can't use last year because defenses didn't respect our passing game, but we can use this year's stats even though Indy had Wayne and NOBODY else to catch the ball last sunday night at San Diego? LOL!!!!! Wow, talk about homerism at it's finest.

Oh, so I can't use last year because defenses didn't respect our passing game, but we can use this year's stats even though Indy had Wayne and NOBODY else to catch the ball last sunday night at San Diego? LOL!!!!! Wow, talk about homerism at it's finest.

:confused:

Are you really this stupid?

Edit: last year Maroney had a 4.3 ypc without a WR of Wayne's caliber anywhere near the roster. Addai just ran for 2.6 ypc against a defense that allowed a far, far worse passing offense run for nearly 400.

I can play the misleading game too!

Last edited:
Near the goal line NE has been using power running (push) in this situation. Eckel/Evans or, Brady in the spread are the options right now. Also, Brady should continue passing in this situation with new threats Moss/Welker.

The Draft is too far away. That said, only BB/Pioli know the dynamics of the cap issues and team plan. Predicting what they will do is futile.

I'd like to see Maroney incorporate some of Faulk's game. Becoming a great blocker he could be an almost every down back. Being a trustworthy receiver with a nose for the first down marker would add an unpredictable run/block/pass weapon.

Last edited:
I think at this point in the season, with depth a concern because of the loss of Morris, theyre just being careful not to overwork him. If he goes down, the team will be in big trouble. But I suspect when it gets down the nitty gritty later in the season, you'll probably see Laurence doing more of what youre talking about. The beautiful thing is they havent given teams all of those different looks with him to see on film. They may just be saving alot of that stuff for the playoffs. You know Bill. The guy always has stuff up his sleeve.

You make a very good point here in that if Maroney goes down.....with Morris already out for the year....they are screwed.....I am a bit surprised that we haven't made some other free agency move....because Heath, Kevin and Kyle aren't going to cut it as a every down back I don't think...and I think you need that threat to free up the pass.........I see us either bringing back Corey if he has anything left in the tank....or perhaps pursuing another FA as a backup in case of EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!!!!! GO PATS!!!!!

Last edited:
Willie Parker 212 carries
Marshawn Lynch 196 carries
Edge 182 carries
Clinton Portis 181 carries

I'm not going to go through the whole list, but you're basing your stats on players who have 100+ more carries than Loma. Not exactly a fair standard. Maybe you're the one who needs a clue.

It;s the Marion Barber stat that I worry about the most because he ran really well against us.....and I foresee us playing them in the SB if both teams finish out the way they should.........

A top RB needs to be able to be a workhorse(20-25 carries/game), gain the difficult yards (3rd and short, goal line), and catch the ball. Unfortunately, LM doesn't thrive in any of these categories. BB only utilizes him against neutral defenses. Nothing wrong with that...and who can argue with the Patriots success. But the fact remains that BB/McDaniels show no faith in LM at the goal line. Since Morris went down, the goal line offense has consisted of Brady pass, Brady sneak, and Evans for no gain. These facts cannot be argued. What can be argued is that maybe the O Line just isn't designed for smashmouth football, considering Evans lack of success.

You make a point as it seems as though Heath Evans is coming into the game in the goal line situations vs. putting Maroney in there....Not sure if that signals a "no confidence" in LoMo....just guess that they feel Evans is the bigger power back......

You make a point as it seems as though Heath Evans is coming into the game in the goal line situations vs. putting Maroney in there....Not sure if that signals a "no confidence" in LoMo....just guess that they feel Evans is the bigger power back......

Maroney is coming off a groin and offseason shoulder. Don't think they want him to try to push the line and then be on the bottom of a 6 player pile up.

Last edited:
bump. For all who've gotten lost in the "Maroney is made of glass and is worthless" thread. This thread came first. The latter was unfortunate retaliation. Oh, and btw. Not throwing Maroney under the bus doesnt mean your a blind homer with the inability to be objective. It just means youre loyal and happen to hold faith in some pretty brilliant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back