PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has more upside, Mac Jones or Jordan Love

Very obvious answer. Mac cannot get any worse than this year so it's all upside from here. Love cannot get any better than how he played against the Cowboys so it's all downside from here!

Follow me for more genius takes like this one!

Jordan Love looking like he's gonna have a playoff win so....

Imagine being the Packers....looking like they're fielding a 3rd franchise qb in a row. They're who we thought we were gonna be post Brady
Sad but true. The Pats ain't that different from the Jets if we are really being honest. Only diff is that the Jets have had bad luck with their QBs

BB thought he could reclaim a washed up Cam Newton to replace Brady. So that's why he passed on Love?
Thanks for saying this. I just now realized that we coulda drafted Love or Hurts instead of taking on Cam Newton who was washed

Both choices would have been better than Mac

That’s insane that it’s looking like that team is probably gonna have at 45 consecutive seasons with a great qb .

And probably only 3 rings to show for it lmao
This.

For all their greatness at QB, two rings in thirty years is pretty underwhelming.

Favre literally threw away about five chances at a SB. Rodgers was the opposite at times where he didn't take chances where needed.

Media blame the Packers D for Rodgers failures. Yet, they got him five turnovers in 2014, three in 2020, and gave up like 7 points in 2021. That fails to get mentioned.

Love's arm strength seems decent enough for an NFL QB. Though, Packers fans were furious about his accuracy mid-season. I have not watched enough to know how much that has improved. Another knock is he does not use his legs enough.

He was near perfect against Dallas. I expect him to struggle against the 49ers. However, most QB's not named Lamar Jackson struggle against that front. So, the postseason will probably be looked at, in the end, as a good showing for him.

Love's offensive coaching is way better than what Mac had. LaFleur is a borderline top 5 HC. Mac had a DC as his OC with no real weapons. Regardless, I think Love is/will be the better QB.

This is easy....

Nfl Draft Hello GIF by New England Patriots

Love has been extremely impressive in his first season. I didn't expect that much production, and I was one that didn't go along with a lot of the experts who picked GB to make the playoffs.

This.

For all their greatness at QB, two rings in thirty years is pretty underwhelming.

Favre literally threw away about five chances at a SB. Rodgers was the opposite at times where he didn't take chances where needed.

Media blame the Packers D for Rodgers failures. Yet, they got him five turnovers in 2014, three in 2020, and gave up like 7 points in 2021. That fails to get mentioned.
How many other teams had more than 2 rings during that 30 years?

Certainly had a lot of growth as the season went on. Finished up the year as strong as you could hope for if your a Green Bay fan.

Obviously this debate is over. Should the new one be “who is the bigger failure?” Mac Jones or Zach Wilson?

Certainly had a lot of growth as the season went on. Finished up the year as strong as you could hope for if your a Green Bay fan.

Obviously this debate is over. Should the new one be “who is the bigger failure?” Mac Jones or Zach Wilson?
You could make a case Zach Wilson had the better year this year.

This.

People get sensitive about it but it's true. Both QBs underachieved, and the organization itself underachieved, it's just a fact. If the giants can win 2x and the ravens can win with Flacco, no excuse for the Packers to have less rings than Flacco and Eli combined

Love's arm strength seems decent enough for an NFL QB. Though, Packers fans were furious about his accuracy mid-season. I have not watched enough to know how much that has improved. Another knock is he does not use his legs enough.

He was near perfect against Dallas. I expect him to struggle against the 49ers. However, most QB's not named Lamar Jackson struggle against that front. So, the postseason will probably be looked at, in the end, as a good showing for him.

Love's offensive coaching is way better than what Mac had. LaFleur is a borderline top 5 HC. Mac had a DC as his OC with no real weapons. Regardless, I think Love is/will be the better QB.
"Decent enough"? Really? Cmon lol his arm strength his great

Accuracy was the question mark early in the season but he's come along since then

People get sensitive about it but it's true. Both QBs underachieved, and the organization itself underachieved, it's just a fact. If the giants can win 2x and the ravens can win with Flacco, no excuse for the Packers to have less rings than Flacco and Eli combined

"Decent enough"? Really? Cmon lol his arm strength his great

Accuracy was the question mark early in the season but he's come along since then
Yeh ur right about Love. I think they get whipped today. But it's clear GB found a top 5ish level QB.

Honestly, if I needed to win a big game, Favre would be like 10th. I'd take guys like Eli & Flacco ahead of him. That's how bad he was in critical games. Some of the turnovers made no sense either. It was just reckless. I struggle even putting Favre top ten al time. But he was great.

Allen is similar. If he didn't turn the ball over at the rate he does, I'd put Allen there with Mahomes. Allen can do everything Mahomes can--except he turns it over at a crazy rate. Which is why I don't think Buffalo will ever win a SB unless they are absolutely stacked.

Yeh ur right about Love. I think they get whipped today. But it's clear GB found a top 5ish level QB.

Honestly, if I needed to win a big game, Favre would be like 10th. I'd take guys like Eli & Flacco ahead of him. That's how bad he was in critical games. Some of the turnovers made no sense either. It was just reckless. I struggle even putting Favre top ten al time. But he was great.

Allen is similar. If he didn't turn the ball over at the rate he does, I'd put Allen there with Mahomes. Allen can do everything Mahomes can--except he turns it over at a crazy rate. Which is why I don't think Buffalo will ever win a SB unless they are absolutely stacked.
I prayed the Packers and Favre would beat the Giants in 07. Idiot missed the fg. Pats would of demolished that team no question. They didn’t have the defense to stop the Pats and a mistake prone qb. Robbed glory.

I know I’m old but is this a trick question? The answer is “who’s playing football tonight”?? There, that was easy enough even for you “young-ins”!

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back