PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whitlock: NFL truths (Pats will struggle, Colts will win it all)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong, fat and annoying..... That makes him like what, 70%-80% of the posters on this forum?

And I am sure you fall right into that 70-80% range as well....:cool:

And I am sure you fall right into that 70-80% range as well....:cool:

Depending on the day and who you ask, I could fit one or all of those descriptors.

Whitlock may be wrong but I don't think he has an agenda vs the Pats. He's just giving his honest opinion, which as a diehard I can accept, although I don't like it. He's not a sniveling dog like so many pusillanomous mediatards.

As for the Colts winning the Sb...

I think that time has passed.

Let me just laugh like "the predator" just upon his implosion.

mmmmm, mmmmmmmm, mm..mm..mm. mmmmm haha
hahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This is funny, wait til Goober-18 gets a load of this new Patriot defense !!!

mmmmm hahahaha....hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

To quote Peyton at Lucas Oil in November.........

"Billy, Billy !!!!!!!!!!!........GET BACK TO THE CHOPPAAAAAAAA !!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks its Jason Whitlock, he is the guy that says the Pats will never recover from Ty Law...

He is the guy that has said the Pats will be 8-8 for the last 4 yrs..

He is the guy who is mad a Bill Belichick for stealing his twinkie's..

In all seriousnes he sucks.. :banned:

Man, that is the kiss-o-death for the Colts.

Man, that is the kiss-o-death for the Colts.

Yeah I agree on that. Its almost promising saying we will only go 10 - 6....its like saying we will be at least that.....better than the jest!!

Re: Whitlock:NFL truths (Pats will struggle,Colts will win it all)

Have any of Whitlocks prognostications turned out?

I think he picked the Giants to win the Super Bowl over the Patriots. I think I remember seeing that.
It does not really matter. Everyone has opinions and a few are bound to pick the Colts every year as well as the Patriots, Chargers and a few of the other "sexy" picks. But, I can't believe you guys have this many pages on it lol.

Last edited:
The last month of the 2007 season, the Patriots were mentally drained, and they weren't a great team. The team we saw at the end of last season is the team we will see this season. The Pats are still tired.

Brady having one the greatest playoff games in NFL history against the Jags and winning the AFC Championship game wasn't great?

Not to mention being 35 seconds away from winning the Super Bowl?

Dumb column. Sure he can make his predictions, but saying the AFC Super Bowl representative did not play a great final month of football is just a flat out contradiction.

Like how he makes a point to say last season will effect the Pats this season, yet fails to mention the Colts being beat by a LT-less, Billy Volek led Chargers team at home without winning a playoff game. Not to mention Manning, Freeney, Sanders and Harrison are all dealing with injury/surgery.

Brady having one the greatest playoff games in NFL history against the Jags and winning the AFC Championship game wasn't great?

Not to mention being 35 seconds away from winning the Super Bowl?

Dumb column. Sure he can make his predictions, but saying the AFC Super Bowl representative did not play a great final month of football is just a flat out contradiction.

Like how he makes a point to say last season will effect the Pats this season, yet fails to mention the Colts being beat by a LT-less, Billy Volek led Chargers team at home without winning a playoff game. Not to mention Manning, Freeney, Sanders and Harrison are all dealing with injury/surgery.

Not everyone thinks like a Pats homer. Thats the beauty of it. If the Pats fail to advance far in the playoffs this season people like him can say "see I told you so, I called it back in August." And many will be picking the Pats and trashing the Colts as usual coming up so it all evens out.

If he picked the Pats to have a great season coming up or a SB win you would be praising him.

Don't let it get to you.

Last edited:
Not everyone thinks like a Pats homer. Thats the beauty of it. If the Pats fail to advance far in the playoffs this season people like him can say "see I told you so, I called it back in August." And many will be picking the Pats and trashing the Colts as usual coming up so it all evens out.

If he picked the Pats to have a great season coming up or a SB win you would be praising him.

Don't let it get to you.

I said I have no problem with the prediction, that's his deal.

The fact that he said a Super Bowl representative did not have a great final month of football makes absolutely no sense and is ridiculously nonsensical.

The fact that he said a Super Bowl representative did not have a great final month of football makes absolutely no sense and is ridiculously nonsensical.

I guess he just was not impressed. *shrugs*
To each his own.

A guy who claims that any Super Bowl representative from either conference did not play a great final month of football should have absolutely no credibility.

How do you take a sportswriter seriously who thinks he has tell people how smart he is by saying every NFL GM reads his column.
Thats what I always disliked about this guy, he writing is as if the NFL is about him.

"If you haven't heard, my NFL Truths column is a must-read for any serious NFL fan. Every coach, general manager and owner in the league — except Ted Thompson — reads this weekly column religiously."

Irony n.

[SIZE=-1]A statement that, when taken in context, may actually mean the opposite of what is written literally; the use of words expressing something other than their literal intention ...

Ah well, Jason ...

[/SIZE]

"Jason Whitlock brings his edgy and thought-provoking style to FOXSports.com."

Yuck. He's neither of those things. He's entitled to his opinion of course, but "edgy"?

Actually he does say.

He thinks the Colts will win because "that's what he thinks." Sounds quite analytical to me!!!

Has anyone noticed the three themes of this decade from sports writers?

Pats suck.

McNabb is a winner except when he's injured and losing.

The five "one and done's" by the Colts are the flukes. The one SB isn't.

I am not sure this "logic" is even better than the Chargers winning it all because they match up so well against the Pats.

Actually he does say.

He thinks the Colts will win because "that's what he thinks." Sounds quite analytical to me!!!

Has anyone noticed the three themes of this decade from sports writers?

Pats suck.

McNabb is a winner except when he's injured and losing.

The five "one and done's" by the Colts are the flukes. The one SB isn't.

I am not sure this "logic" is even better than the Chargers winning it all because they match up so well against the Pats.

...so true about McNabb

What about Saint Dungy actually being Mother Theresa in drag?

I don't need every writer to say the Pats will 19-0 either, but predicting a 10-6 season for team with a record setting offense still intact, a defense that's better in the front seven and was fourth in the league last year AND has the easiest schedule in the league, ah, doesn't seem too bright to me. yeah, Asante's gone and that won't help but Seymour's healthy(a factor which can change an entire season alone if he reurns to his pro-bowl level), Mayo and Crable will add some serious juice to the front 7, Meriweather is emerging as a leader and maybe a star and the CB's will be super fast if nothing else.

Plus, adding Jordan to the offense gives the Pats tremendous depth at RB, a spot they struggled with at times after Morris went down, and three of our O-line went to the Pro Bowl.

Add in that we have the best QB in football with all these factors and 10-6 would seem like a disaster. My call is no worse than 12-4, 14-2 is more like it.

Last edited:

McNabb will be the MVP?

:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye