PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whitlock: NFL truths (Pats will struggle, Colts will win it all)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the big deal? So the guy made a prediction. Who cares?

Last edited:
The only way the Pats struggle is if their defense is really bad, like '02 and '05bad. However, if their defense plays well, the combo of Moss and Brady win at least 12-13 games. Lastly, the Pats have one of the easist schedules in the league. The Giants have a hell of a lot more to prove than the Pats. The Giants will struggle, not the Pats.

This will be the first time in football history that the superbowl loser has a bigger target on their back then the superbowl champions. Nobody cares for the Giants or takes them seriously, which I love. Everyone knows the Cowboys are better and the Eagles (who used to dominate the division) may suprise with their revamped team.

the giants will finish last in the east. the cowboys were already better, the eagles and redskins have made some solid offseason moves, and the giants lost their starting TE and one of the best defensive players. also, is plaxico still holding out?

Jason Whitlock's writing is like a see-saw: sometimes good and sometimes bad.

In this case it's just downright terrible.

He thinks the Pats will only win 10 games and be one and done?

Ha. He's saying this about a team that's never went one and done in the BB era.

Jason Whitlock's writing is like a see-saw: sometimes good and sometimes bad.

In this case it's just downright terrible.

He thinks the Pats will only win 10 games and be one and done?

Ha. He's saying this about a team that's never went one and done in the BB era.

plus the pats do not lose home playoff games, i think they are 7-0 in the playoffs at the razor, and are 8-0 at home in the playoffs with tom brady

The only real news would have been if Whitlock predicted an improvement over 18-1. Having him predict less of a record isn't the least bit surprising.

Less of a record is fine, but struggle's a bit much. Did I read he predicted 10-6? If so I think that's pretty low balled. All 'less of a record' has to be is 17-2, OR 18-1 WITH a SB win. Realistically tho- just get HFA and all will be well.

But you bring up something interesting- Brady commented that this year's team is better than last year's. We know that he probably means we've filled some holes, made some necessary changes, and learned some things from last year-all those things make them a better team and no matter what their record ends up being there's only one win that matters to them.

So, in essence, they can still be a better team without beating last year's record.

Last edited:
Less of a record is fine, but struggle's a bit much. Did I read he predicted 10-6? If so I think that's pretty low balled. All 'less of a record' has to be is 17-2, OR 18-1 WITH a SB win. Realistically tho- just get HFA and all will be well.

But you bring up something interesting- Brady commented that this year's team is better than last year's. We know that he probably means we've filled some holes, made some necessary changes, and learned some things from last year-all those things make them a better team and no matter what their record ends up being there's only one win that matters to them.

So, in essence, they can still be a better team without beating last year's record.

plus they might not get 4 lucky breaks late in a mnf game

He is 100% correct about two things; they lost to a clearly inferior team in the Super Bowl and the pressure/stress of going undefeated got to them, they laid a huge egg in the biggest game of the year.

What a friggin loozah! McNAbb for MVP? Dolts to win it all? Hahah. What a friggin ballwasher.

plus they might not get 4 lucky breaks late in a mnf game

True that- they had a few breaks along the way, but that's part of winning-it takes all the usual skills but most teams catch a break or 2 as well. There's always a little luck involved. But we eeked out- just barely-a couple of tough ones. They weren't a perfect team but they had a perfect season record.
All winning teams catch a break, sometimes thanks to another team's mistakes. In the end that still makes them the better team, not just because of the win but because they didn't make those mistakes. Ref calls- they had their share against them too and still managed to win.

In the end I think the Patriots were always the better team last year, but one night the win belonged to someone else.

LOL I know. I noticed the thread got bumped to the top so I checked it out. Then I got into it:eek: GUILTY AS CHARGED:D

Re: Whitlock:NFL truths (Pats will struggle,Colts will win it all)

I'll be fair and give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's possible the SB hangover hurts us. But he gives us absolutely no logic in just jumping to that ridiculous 10-6 conclusion, which is when I stopped reading.

I'll be fair and give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's possible the SB hangover hurts us. But he gives us absolutely no logic in just jumping to that ridiculous 10-6 conclusion, which is when I stopped reading.

Agreed on that. As mentioned earlier, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think he has gone to far with his prediction. 10 - 6 is IMO really is far fetched...

No big deal, he's just going to be WRONG!!!.

That and he's fat and annoying.

How do you take a sportswriter seriously who thinks he has tell people how smart he is by saying every NFL GM reads his column.
Thats what I always disliked about this guy, he writing is as if the NFL is about him.

Whitlock's basic reasoning for his prediction is that we will still be fatigued from last season. Apparently he's forgetting about this little thing called the offseason.

yeah and he forgot about all the young guys we've added plus veterans who were on other teams last year.

Sure he has every right to predict what he wants, but if Vegas gave 10 wins as the over/under for the Pats, I would bet every penny I have on the over, and I bet I'd be fighting a huge crowd to get the bet in.

It's nice of Jason to make some early inspirational wallpaper for the locker room.

No big deal, he's just going to be WRONG!!!.

That and he's fat and annoying.

Wrong, fat and annoying..... That makes him like what, 70%-80% of the posters on this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back