PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which of our draft picks will NOT make the team?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Wo does NOT make the team

• Garret Mills

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Ryan O'Callahan

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Jeremey Mincy

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Dan Stevenson

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • La Kevin Smith

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • Willie Andrews

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • They will all make the team

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I won't vote in this stuipd poll

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, now there is only two weeks before Training Camp.:rocker:

Since the draft, we have had threads singing the praises of all of our draft picks.

Now it's time for a reality check. IMO, it will be unusual for all of them to make the team.

So, let's see who you think will not make the team. WARNING: this poll will show the results of you vote and will be thrown in your face at a later date.

And, for the sake of this poll making the PS is the same as being cut. They will have to clear waivers. Also, being put on IR (red shirt) is the same as making the team.

So, who do you think gets cut, if any one?

EDIT: I did not include Maroney, Jackson, Thomas or the Ghost

Last edited:
Maroney, Jackson, Thomas, Mills, Gostkowski, O'Callaghan, Stevenson, Mincey, Stevenson, Le Kevin Smith, Andrews - hm...

Okay, I'll say Smith and Stevenson (despite the contract) the only ones who get cut. Both would make the p.s. Otherwise, I see ALL of those guys making it. I guess it's possible O'Callaghan or Mills doesn't make it, too.

I will go with Smith although I think if Sullivan keeps up his act Smiths chances are getting better.

Stevenson goes to PS.

Big TubO' Goo might help 2 guys make it. Le Kevin, If Sullivans commitment to football stays consistent and Willie Andrews thanks to Bethel trade.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to change a poll once it's been posted? I don't see anything in the edit options.

i voted for 'they will all make the team'

let's see what will happen in TC but all rookies have really a chance imho

concerning non rookies i am interested to see what will happen with Klecko, M.Hill, Tully Banta Cain and Claridge.

i hope they will start (soon) to progress...

Last edited:
I think they have a better chance than Sullivan at the rate he is going. LOL.

VJCPatriot said:
I think they have a better chance than Sullivan at the rate he is going. LOL.
"...better chance than Sullivan at the rate he is going" ....through stop signs!
:p

Mincey is my guess. Practice Squad for him is my guess

Even with the free agent loses, do we really have 10 job openings????

From a statisical standpoint the kicker has a 50-50 chance of being cut.

From a talent standpoint, everybody below Thomas has to prove something big time.

Ochmed Jones said:
From a statisical standpoint the kicker has a 50-50 chance of being cut.
How do you figure this?

I voted for Stevenson because of the quality depth of the OL. This quality obviously does not include "Let 'em in " Gorin.

My second choice is Mincey, esp. if Vrabel, Beisel, Claridge, TBC and Colvin are options at OLB going forward.

I really, really wanted the pats to take C Greg Eslinger, instead of Mincey, as Koppen Insurance. For that OLB/DE position, Ryan LaCasse would have been a better pick. Time will tell, of course...

spacecrime said:
How do you figure this?
I think he means there's 2 kickers, 1 goes, that's 50%. But I disagree with him about the 50%.

I voted for just LeKevin. If I had to vote for a second it would have been Mincey.

I picked Stevenson because of the OL depth and I think O'Callaghan might turn out to be a big sleeper, pun intended. I wouldn't be suprised if he ended up on the practice squad though.

Mills has the fact he is a higher pick going for him, but I think the Pats are really excited to incorporate more of an H-back and tradition fullback into the offense. There is also a possible future void at TE if Graham leaves. Also from what people who know him have said, he is the kind of layer who when you need a bid third down catch you go to him. His unique and versatile skill set makes him an attractive candidate.

Mincey has a chance to develop into the elephant LB spot left by Willie. Until then he's a special teamer. Florida fans have said he is a leader and passionate player, so his attitude makes him look like a Patriots layer already.

Le Kevin Smith has a good chance to make it as back up NT because Wright and Klecko are both undersized for the position and we all know about Sullivan and his personal habits.

I like Willie Andrews because he can be the kick returner we don't really have yet. He also seems like the underdog with heart, who can't be discounted. There's something I like about him.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
I think he means there's 2 kickers, 1 goes, that's 50%. But I disagree with him about the 50%.
Oh, I get it. So there's also a 50% chance that Maroney gets cut, a 67% chance that Jackson gets cut, and GULP a 25% chance Brady gets the axe. :D

spacecrime said:
Oh, I get it. So there's also a 50% chance that Maroney gets cut, a 67% chance that Jackson gets cut, and GULP a 25% chance Brady gets the axe. :D

Uh, no. right now there are only two kickers with the Pats hence a 50:50 chance.

There is no way that Jackson has a 67% chance because that would mean he's only competing against a fraction of another person.

With TB, yes, assuming there are 4 QB's right now competing for three spots then you would be correct.

:D

Last edited:
Of course assuming that there are six WR's in the final roster, there would have to be 18 WR's trying out for Chad to have a 67% chance of getting cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back