PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which guy returning to Gillette are you missing more? Crennel or Pioli?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which guy returning to Gillette are you missing more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if either guy would make as big of a difference as some people think, but I will go with RAC. You listen to guys like Bruschi and Harrison talk about RAC and you see the utmost respect. There is something about experience and authority that definitely can help a team with a lot of young players.

That said, the Chiefs' defense isn't anything special this year. So there is only so much a coach can do.

I'll have to go with Crennel on this one. I haven't seen a good D in New England, since his final year. Even when Pioli was still in NE, the defense was still a bit under average and dropping.

I'll have to go with Crennel on this one. I haven't seen a good D in New England, since his final year. Even when Pioli was still in NE, the defense was still a bit under average and dropping.

And aside from Tedy having a stroke in the off season and Rodney tearing all the L's in his knee and Ty wheeling his way out the door and Ted Johnson having an eve of camp nervous breakdown and Seymour holding out of camp...replacing RAC with Mangini was obvioulsy the tipping point... :bricks:

That was a veteran team coming off back to back Lombardi's and for some three in four and besides being physically and mentally drained they were caught short and kicked in the nuts and getting older by the day in the equivalent of dog years. RAC and Charlie at that point were both pretty intent on getting out on top while they could. They knew that pace couldn't be maintained indefinitely and they assumed it was the beginning of the end of the dynasty. Belichick almost proved them wrong in 2006 and 2007 before he had to at least start transitioning in earnest.

I'd love to see RAC back at DC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back