Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What team will The Forehead be playing next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have to laugh at the Tebow to New England rumors being circulated. They all started due to a report by a Denver writer who speculated that the Pats would want to acquire him because they were 'interested' in him before he was drafted. That was about as big a draft smokescreen as there has ever been, yet now all the rest of the media is re-reporting it as an undeniable fact that shouldn't possibly be questioned rather than a poorly formed opinion.

Example # 1,001 of how just because something was reported on the Internet, it must be true.

...I do have to laugh at the Tebow to New England rumors being circulated. They all started due to a report by a Denver writer who speculated that the Pats would want to acquire him because they were 'interested' in him before he was drafted. That was about as big a draft smokescreen as there has ever been, yet now all the rest of the media is re-reporting it as an undeniable fact that shouldn't possibly be questioned rather than a poorly formed opinion.

I haven't heard or read a single one of those, other than the one I made up to tweak the haters (and stated that it was to do just that).

From everything I've heard/read, Manning's going to Miami (80%-90%) or Arizona (10%-20%).

Last edited:
Would Peyton really want to face the Chargers twice a season? They've had his number for years, for some reason

I'm really starting to feel like it might be Denver. Elway is looking for any chance to remove Tebow, he never issued more than a tepid endorsement. I think they want Manning bad.

Manning has an interesting choice to make. Putting all monetary issues aside (which in the end will probably have the biggest impact).

Skins & Jets: reports are that Manning told both teams he is not interested so very unlikely

what I think his 5 best options are out of the reported teams interested:

5) Seahawks: They have some talent on D and a good running game, but I just don't see Manning wanting to play in the rain and on a team that is a fair ways away from a Super Bowl.

4) Broncos: Again the weather would not be to his liking. Manning has never been a cold weather QB. Good young D but not a lot of talent on O. Broncos would need to guarantee Manning they are bringing in help on O.

3) Dolphins: Great weather, a city he has a house in, some really good receivers and a pass catching RB, good D. The big problem is the Pats. Does he want to go head to head with Belichick and Brady for the division?

2) Cards: Dome team in hot weather city. Larry Fitz to throw to. Decent young D. Bring in Wayne and that would be a really good O. Big problem is trying to get to the Super Bowl in the NFC is much tougher then the AFC. Gotta get by the 49ers in the division. Then there's the most talented team in the league in the Packers, the Giants who are the Champs, and the Saints who can beat anyone. Very tough road to the Super Bowl.

1) The Chiefs: In my mind his best landing spot. Weak divison. Bowe is a very good WR and Baldwin has a lot of talent. Charles is a good RB and the D has some talent. KC is also a great football city. With Manning they would be favorites to win the division.

The lastest from Schefter and Mort. Denver seems to have the lead at the top of the stretch, but AZ is believed to have the cash and ability to massage the cap to close the gap. Seattle is still desperately trying to get an interview. Miami for all its frontrunner buildup is still not scheduled for one. The Chief's still lurk, and Manning seems to be jonesing for one more contender who would immediately become his frontrunner, almost certainly Houston, who seems to be inexplicably determined not to potentially solidify their strangle hold on the AFCS when an opportunity to that was beyond their wildest dreams ended up knocking.

2012 free agency -- Peyton Manning favors Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, sources say - ESPN

a great new scenario emerges- Peyton to Denver, who then trades Tebow, and Miami outbids Jacksonville for Tebow, since owner Sephen Ross wants to fill seats and loves "big names"

Miami stays in suckitude, and gives up assets in trade to stay there!

I kind of forgot about KC, but he might fit in really well down there.

If Manning signs with Denver, and Tebow is dealt to Jacksonville, then we'll be faced with the scenario of facing both of them this coming season!

Yup, at Foxboro. Think NBC would want that game? Say, November?

I don't think they want it any less with Tebow at QB than with Manning.

If Manning signs with Denver, and Tebow is dealt to Jacksonville, then we'll be faced with the scenario of facing both of them this coming season!

Why would Jax want Tebow when they drafted a Qb in the first round last year?

Because he sucks.

Bet that Tebow could be had for a 2nd or less.
It's hometown hero territory and he'll fill the empty seats.
JAX should have drafted him anyway. Reminds me of Flutie situation here in the 80s.

The lastest from Schefter and Mort. Denver seems to have the lead at the top of the stretch, but AZ is believed to have the cash and ability to massage the cap to close the gap. Seattle is still desperately trying to get an interview. Miami for all its frontrunner buildup is still not scheduled for one. The Chief's still lurk, and Manning seems to be jonesing for one more contender who would immediately become his frontrunner, almost certainly Houston, who seems to be inexplicably determined not to potentially solidify their strangle hold on the AFCS when an opportunity to that was beyond their wildest dreams ended up knocking.

2012 free agency -- Peyton Manning favors Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, sources say - ESPN

I don't understand why Houston would be interested in spending a boatload of money on a 36 yr old QB who is one hit from IR and who you have to have faith will continue to recover and be ready for the season (because he isn't today) when they have a good QB, look to be among the few best teams in the AFC and are prepared to lose their best defensive player due to the cap.

Why in the world would you build a team for 5 years, get it where you want it, then risk it all on turning it over to a guy who isnt ready to play and is a huge injury risk?
And to gain what? There is not close to a high level of confidence that Manning will come back from not playing football for 20 months and be as good as Schaub.

Because he sucks.

Bet that Tebow could be had for a 2nd or less.
It's hometown hero territory and he'll fill the empty seats.
JAX should have drafted him anyway. Reminds me of Flutie situation here in the 80s.

The last thing their 2nd year #1 pick QBs needs for his development is a Tebow sideshow.

I see it as similar to the Browns with Brady Quinn where they figured out right away that they wasted a first rounder on the guy. Gabbert already had a reputation for being fidgety in the pocket when any semblance of a pass rush is coming, and that was on full display this season. He only got playing time because the alternative was Luke McCown.

Gabbert has the physical tools to be an NFL quarterback but he has to overcome his fear of getting sacked. Quarterbacks with much less talent than Gabbert have gone on to have decent NFL careers because of their mental toughness. It's too soon to completely write off a QB after his rookie season, which is always the toughest, but I'm not liking his chances of sticking around for too long.

Last edited:
Seattle

Paul Allen, Pete Carroll, some talent on both sides of the ball

That's where he'll end up.

I'm going the same division, but I'm going with Arizona. He's going to want to play with Larry Fitzgerald.

I'm going the same division, but I'm going with Arizona. He's going to want to play with Larry Fitzgerald.

That's where I'm leaning now. I really would be surprised if he lands in Denver- I think, by the fact that it's so public, that he's just using it as leverage.

Really don't think he wants to play in bad weather and at that altitude.

Arizona would be fitting for a banged up QB at his age- the dry climate is easy on joint pain and arthritis.

I don't understand why Houston would be interested in spending a boatload of money on a 36 yr old QB who is one hit from IR and who you have to have faith will continue to recover and be ready for the season (because he isn't today) when they have a good QB, look to be among the few best teams in the AFC and are prepared to lose their best defensive player due to the cap.

Why in the world would you build a team for 5 years, get it where you want it, then risk it all on turning it over to a guy who isnt ready to play and is a huge injury risk?
And to gain what? There is not close to a high level of confidence that Manning will come back from not playing football for 20 months and be as good as Schaub.

5 years and counting. He's always injured is part of their problem. And he's in the last year of his contract to boot. And Manning is no closer to being hit onto IR than any player in the league. The neck isn't an issue, the doctors have all stipulated that. It's the nerve regereration and whether it all does or if not how limited he is. But he says it's improving and if he even gets back to 90% of what he was he's better than Schaub and has been historically more durable. And the HC and GM in Houston are operating in a window, their own.

so...Miami is definitely out, huh?

strange...I could swear the Dolphins were on the radar screen because of numerous factors but I guess Arizona is closer to Dad in New Orleans... who cares about Peyton's home in South Florida?...and of course there's the tremendous media upside in Arizona over a weak sister, non-competitive division like the AFC East...what a media bonanza...4 guaranteed barn burning "must see!!!" contests a season versus St Louis and Seattle, as opposed to drab matchups with Brady and Wrecks....

so...Miami is definitely out, huh?

strange...I could swear the Dolphins were on the radar screen because of numerous factors but I guess Arizona is closer to Dad in New Orleans... who cares about Peyton's home in South Florida?...and of course there's the tremendous media upside in Arizona over a weak sister, non-competitive division like the AFC East...what a media bonanza...4 guaranteed barn burning "must see!!!" contests a season versus St Louis and Seattle, as opposed to drab matchups with Brady and Wrecks....

I hadn't heard that. Have you got a link to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back