PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you want BB to be our head coach on opening day 2024?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want Bill Belichick to still be our head coach on opening day 2024?

• Yes

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes but only with a different GM

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 36.1%

• Total voters

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Got this poll idea from the Bills forum where 87% say no they don't want McDermott to be their coach next year. :oops:

Assuming for the poll's sake that BB will agree to give up the GM role.

I think Bob should clean house, but I think Bill will fold for the sake of his sons and give up player personnel duties to stay as the Pats coach. Bill doesn't want to break Shula's record coaching for another team. Bill wants to retire with the Pats.

Sorry @RobertWeathers I didn't see you posted your poll right after mine. Didnt' know how to close this one.

I think Bob should clean house, but I think Bill will fold for the sake of his sons and give up player personnel duties to stay as the Pats coach. Bill doesn't want to break Shula's record coaching for another team. Bill wants to retire with the Pats.
I don't care what Bill wants. I mean, we see what Bill wants. The product on the field this year is what Bill wants. I don't know why anyone would want that.

Yes.

details to follow.

I'm ok to see BB stay, but it has to be someone else handling talent acquisition.

We will see what’s more important to Kraft innovating and winning or saving money on a contract he should of never wrote losing money is never good business but the worst business is not counting your losses when you see you have a depreciating asset and you don’t sell immediately.

Yes.

He's had a couple bad years but I don't think the guy with 8 rings suddenly forgot how to do the job. It's only been 1.5 seasons since they were in the playoffs. Mac is probably a bad sunk cost and the roster has to be better. Maybe he's too stubborn and the game passed him by like many say, I'm just not sure. It could be fixable with a new QB and much better scouting.

Like, who are all these people and why aren't they on the hot seat (this could be its own thread maybe):
  • Director of player personnel – Matt Groh
  • Personnel coordinator – Brian Smith
  • Director of scouting – Eliot Wolf
  • Director of pro scouting – Steve Cargile
  • Director of college scouting – Camren Williams
  • Director of scouting administration – Nancy Meier
Guys like Piolli and Demitroff used to be well known names here and used to get accolades for their job performance and contribution to the dynasty. I don't really hear about that role with the Patriots these days.

Here’s a question: Buffalo fans want McDermott fired. Say both he and BB are fired after this season, how would you like to see Belichick coaching Buffalo next year?

how do you think that would turn out? for NE? For Buffalo?

Here’s a question: Buffalo fans want McDermott fired. Say both he and BB are fired after this season, how would you like to see Belichick coaching Buffalo next year?
That would suck I thought about that.
But I see Ben Johnson being the top target of Buff, Las Vegas and NE.
If I’m Ben Johnson I’m taking the Buff job.
Unless I’m in love with the QB we are slated to get.

Ben Johnson, Jim Harbaugh, Slovak, Smith, and backing up a brinks tank to Shanny or mcvay is what I would choose. Need to have an explosive innovative offense in this NFL.
And those guys are not leaving one OC Job for another.

I'm ready to move on. Figure we need one of the fresher football minds, and hope we get lucky there.
Mostly I'll just be happy to have a coach that can have conversations with people with a bit of spontaneity in them.

That would suck I thought about that.
But I see Ben Johnson being the top target of Buff, Las Vegas and NE.
If I’m Ben Johnson I’m taking the Buff job.
Unless I’m in love with the QB we are slated to get.

Ben Johnson, Jim Harbaugh, Slovak, Smith, and backing up a brinks tank to Shanny or mcvay is what I would choose. Need to have an explosive innovative offense in this NFL.
And those guys are not leaving one OC Job for another.

None of the three jobs are much fun from a geographic standpoint, but OMG, Buffalo? Yikes.

My vote was only as Head Coach. I am kind of scared though that if Kraft and BB do part ways that Mac Jones will still be the QB next season. I think Kraft will hit the pause button on Roster move that involves Mac as he still has ptsd in letting Brady walk.

how do you think that would turn out? for NE? For Buffalo?
I for one would not be worried about facing a Belichick coached team. If I want the guy gone from NE because I think he's doing a bad job, why would have issue with him going to a team NE plays every year? As for McDermott, I don't want him either. Give me one of the Johnson boys, Brian or Ben. I wouldn't really care how BB in Buffalo works out honestly.

None of the three jobs are much fun from a geographic standpoint, but OMG, Buffalo? Yikes.
Josh Allen, Diggs and he opted to stay in Detroit another year.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back